Chapter 18 - Practice

3am, I am AWAKE. Anyways enjoy this other sinful chapter.

Y/n laid his head against the wall, panting heavily. Y/n used the towel in his hands to wipe off the beads of sweat trickling off his forehead. He chugged the bottle of water, taking in gulp after gulp, trying to ignore the burning in his legs and arms. The constant heart beat that resonated in his ears as he moved his limbs, feeling every part of his body burn  as he did so.

Y/n kept breathing in an unsteady and deep rhythm as music bounce off the walls surrounding the atmosphere. Y/n stood up while he took another sip of water before his trainer looked at him and gave him a thumbs up. 

He returned the gesture and then the music stopped for a second, then it continued on. Y/n's muscles flexed and his arms and legs moved along the music. The burning sensation in his legs grew harder and harder to ignore as he kept his rhythm. His knees were buckling a bit and the trainer saw this and stopped the music.

"That's enough for today, Y/n. See you tomorrow." The trainer said as Y/n bowed his head as he collected his belongings and went to the changing rooms. Y/n's shirt was sticking to his body now, and he didn't like the feeling of that. The sweat had met the cold air in the room and started to stick to Y/n's skin as he changed shirts and wiped himself with a semi-wet  towel. 

Y/n groaned when he stood up, finally feeling the burning in his legs start to affect him. His breath finally in a good, slow rhythm as he entered the elevator and pressed a button. Y/n leaned his head on the glass at the corner of the elevator and closed his eyes as he felt calmer since the training is finished today. Y/n looked at his phone, seeing the numbers '7:13' illuminated on his screen. He then laid his head back on the glass and closed his eyes as he put his phone back into his backpack. 

The doorbell dinged and Y/n opened one eye, seeing a figure come inside with him, but he didn't pay any attention to since he was exhausted. Y/n heard his name called, but he was too tired to do anything about it. Y/n looked to his left after a good 10 minutes of the person calling his name. 

"Can I help you?" Y/n asked as he looked over but didn't focus on the person's face.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" The figure asked Y/n as Y/n's eyes finally focused on the person's face. It was Chaeryeong. 

"I'm fine, noona, sorry to worry you." Y/n said, laying his head back on the glass.

"Why are you laying your head on the glass?" Chaeryeong said as she tapped on his shoulder, trying to get Y/n's attention.

"Just tired from practice." Y/n said with a small yawn, which caused Chaeryeong to yawn as well.

"So, do you know ITZY?" Chaeryeong said, trying to get some small talk going. Y/n hummed in response.

"Well, do you know I've already debuted with them?" Chaeryeong said as she nudged Y/n a bit, Y/n turned his head to Chaeryeong and smiled with his eyes closed.

"What is this about, noona?" Y/n said as he leaned on the railings. He wasn't annoyed, he was just having a hard time breathing in enough air to talk.

"Just trying to talk to you, that's all." Chaeryeong said with a slight smile.

"Noona, if you want my number, just say it." Y/n said as he leaned his head on the glass again. He didn't know where the sudden urge of confidence came from, but he was allowing it to flow through his system for now.

"Blunt. I like it, here, put your number in." Chaeryeong said while grabbing her phone in her hand, a smile growing on her face.

Y/n and Chaeryeong exchanged numbers, and Y/n waved goodbye to Chaeryeong one last time before heading into his dorm. The others were already sleeping, probably. And Y/n took off his shoes and took a quick shower. 

Y/n grabbed his phone and keys, stuffed them into his pocket, and walked into the hallway again. Y/n blinked slowly as he went to the top floor, trying his best not to fall asleep. He then looked at his phone before the bell rung. Y/n went to the left hallway, where a flight of stairs lead to the rooftop. He walked slowly trying not to trip since his knees nearly gave up on him halfway. 

"Why are you forty minutes late?" Ryujin said with her arms crossed, leaning on the nearest wall to the door.

"Sorry, dance practice was aw-" Y/n's knee buckled which caused him to fall on one knee, "-fully harsh today." Y/n said attempting to get up. A bit embarrassed to show how exhausted he was.

"No, no, just sit. You're tired." Ryujin said, patting his back.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked, looking up at Ryujin. The dim light above the door illuminated her face, it was a majestic scene to Y/n, really. He couldn't deny, Ryujin's beauty was rare and could captivate him. The moon his behind the clouds that littered the night sky, causing the sky to be clouded and had no light to penetrate through the thick clouds.

"I should be asking you that." Ryujin said as she smiled a bit at him, sitting beside Y/n.

"I'll be okay. Now, why did you tell me to stop talking to Lia noona?" Y/n said putting his hand on her thigh which Ryujin eyes for a few seconds before looking into Y/n's eyes deeply.

"I-uh, I just got jealous, I guess." Ryujin said, unable to look away from Y/n's gaze, Y/n squeezed Ryujin's thigh.

"Don't be jealous, we're just talking. I mean, yeah, she's attractive, but I don't think she'd be allowed to date anyone right now." Y/n said, smiling a bit at Ryujin who had her mouth agape a bit. Y/n stared at the night sky, he was in deep thought as of the moment.

"So you do like her?" Ryujin asked, pushing Y/n's hand away from her thigh.

"What did I just say? Look, I like her, but I don't know if it's in that way yet. You know how hard it is for me to decipher this type of feelings. Maybe in the future something in me might get attracted to someone, but right now, my number one priority is training." Y/n said, grabbing Ryujin's face. Both of them meeting gazes as Y/n genuinely was concerned what the root of Ryujin's jealousy is from.

"And I wouldn't put her or anyone's career on the line for my selfish needs. That's just me, Ryujin, you should already know this." Y/n said as Ryujin's eyes stared into his with a certain glint he couldn't read. Her expression softened with a small smile.

Y/n couldn't understand what she was trying to say by the way she looked at him, he never felt this before. It was all too new to him, the beat of his heart had doubled, his mind blurry of the image of Ryujin, and the feeling in his stomach was unexplainable. Y/n stared at Ryujin as she was debating whether to take action. 

After a moment, Ryujin just leaned in and kissed him and closed her eyes, hoping for the best. Y/n's first kiss had been stolen by another person already, but Y/n really didn't have experience in this, he didn't know what the hell to do. Ryujin's hand had made its way to Y/n's nape, pulling him even closer to Ryujin. Y/n closed his eyes and just reciprocated the kiss.

To be continued...