Chapter 60 - The Flag

The amber lights produced by the street lights shone Y/n and Ryujin's figures. Y/n constantly trying to skate faster as Ryujin just kept her pace. Young teens doing their things, slowly falling in the world wide scheme Cupid had been waiting for to happen. Y/n skated side by side of Ryujin who was laughing at Y/n panting heavily. Y/n giggled a bit trying to catch his breath. Y/n and Ryujin slowed down, the night sky was decorated with billions of stars and the beautiful moon was nowhere to be seen. Y/n looked up into the beautiful night sky. He was speechless for a second. Ryujin had also looked up to the night sky. There it shone and shimmered. It was 'their' star, it wasn't as bright as the others but they knew it was theirs because it had a certain blue glow. "Oh look! It's Sapphire." Ryujin said pointing to the shimmering blue star. "Yeah, I kinda missed them." Y/n said laughing at himself "Don't you?" Y/n said turning to Ryujin, Ryujin turned her head to Y/n and sighed "Since you weren't visiting you couldn't see that I was always here, every week I'd visit. Even now that I'm busy." Ryujin said bowing her head, "I'm sorry noona. I was trying to become an Idol too. When I saw you on TV I got another reason why I wanted to be an Idol really." Y/n said wrapping an arm around Ryujin who sighed "Really?" Ryujin turned her head to Y/n who nodded "Of course, that's why I practiced so hard. I wanted to be a good Idol like you and Chan Hyung, so that maybe I could be on the same stage with one of you two." Y/n said looking back up to the star, "Well, I know already you're going to be one of the greatest idol ever." Ryujin said facing Y/n with a smile that was covered by her mask. Y/n blankly stared at Ryujin, he was doing his best to be optimistic. He was trying his best to smile back at her. Then the voices returned, whispers and whispered filled his mind. Y/n nodded slowly and said a small thank you before pushing himself off the cold pavement. Ryujin saw the no emotion in Y/n's clouded eyes. Even though the only illumination in the abandoned streets were the amber light provided by the street lights, she saw no emotion. Ryujin pushed the thought to the back of her mind and followed Y/n's track. Y/n sighed softly closing his eyes, he did his best to calm down.

Suddenly one of the wheels of the skateboard met a medium sized pebble and Y/n was launched off of his skateboard. Y/n threw his hands Infront of himself to catch himself and his hands scraped the pavement before his body halted. His body bounced against the pavement a bit before he was laid on his back from the force. His hands and knees took most of the force as he groaned a bit. 

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Ryujin said stopping beside Y/n and checking the boy, Y/n's hands and knees were had a burning sensation but nothing crucial. 

"Yea, just my palms and knees hurt a bit." Y/n said groaning a bit again.

"Really? Nothing else hurts?" Ryujin said worriedly checking Y/n's body for any cuts or bruises.

"I'm fine Ryu, thanks for worrying." Y/n said pushing himself off the ground and dusting himself off.

"What were you even doing?" Ryujin said sighing as Y/n grabbed his skateboard that was flipped over at the curb.

"I was just closing my eyes for a bit. Feeling the breeze you know?" Y/n said before rubbing his butt. "And now my ass is numb." Y/n groaned as he laid his skateboard on the ground and standing on it.

 Y/n and Ryujin carefully skated before they reached the small sewer. Y/n grabbed a flashlight from his backpack, and they continued down the dirt path. It was quite dark, no other illumination in the forest except the flashlight was present. The moonlight was too dim to pass through the thick layers of the towering trees' elaborate leaves and branches. Y/n felt Ryujin walk closer to him when they heard a twig snap. This was a deep part of a forest, near the edge of Seoul, no one should be here. Y/n furrowed his eyebrows and gripped his backpack a bit, trying to feel for his pocket knife in one of the pockets. Ryujin sighed trying her best to keep herself distracted from the sudden noise. The path was always clear from any twigs or pebbles, but it had a gradual slope, so they couldn't skateboard up the slope. Y/n kept his focus on reaching the abandoned school and protecting Ryujin from any harm that may have come their way.

The flashlight shone brightly at the path ahead, as they made their way closer to the abandoned school. The view of the old rustic gate reached their view as they walked closer. Y/n shined his light into the abandoned building, there was a mysterious cloth wrapped around the one of the gate railings. Y/n saw a cloth waving near the covered entrance, and he shone the flashlight to it. It was a flag. Y/n quickly grabbed Ryujin's arm and dragged her down the slope. His legs quickly moving as his heart was beating against his ribs. Y/n put down his skateboard along with Ryunjin's and Y/n pushed Ryujin on her skateboard and pushed her forward as she skated forward. Y/n got on his own skateboard and skated as fast as he could.

Y/n's POV

I knew I should've turned back when I saw that emblem on the old hotel. The voices were right, they would always return whenever I'm in danger and tell me to go back. That same arrow emblem haunted me and my family here. Those fucking bastards. They would always try and hunt me down, Along with the others. I should tell the Prodigy Killers too. Why would they be at an abandoned building anyway? Or maybe... They're planning something big. Something revolutionary in the Gang Community. I shut this behind me, I know, this should be ancient history by now. But if I don't do anything they might get hunted, they might even be planning something. The blood I saw earlier, was it that they were killing people? Ugh I hate it. I need to get this out of my head. Ryujin and I finally reached a city and I slowed down, she did as well. 

"Y/n what did we just see?" Ryujin said, she was visibly shaken. She saw it too it seems. The flag was pierced through a finger, and it was smeared in blood. They were waving the flag as if it was a trophy, if I took that fabric I would've been able to tell the others to run it through for fingerprints. But I had to get Ryujin out of that place quickly, there was someone stalking us when we entered that path. I don't want her to be in this, she didn't need this in her life right now. They had people taking rounds in the forest, it might have just been some people walking in the woods, but then again no one would go that far into the woods. 

There was a wall of poison ivy that would block off that part of the forest and if you didn't know about the trails, you'd be in trouble. They took over the whole fucking forest. How dare they, the metallic smell I smelt earlier must have been blood, makes me want to puke. 

My eyes softened at Ryujin's outlook, she's too innocent. I removed my outerwear and put it around her shoulders as I pulled her to my chest.

"I don't know either, but don't tell the police." I said to her as she buried her head to my chest.

"Why not?" Ryujin asked as I sigh, she can't be involved in this. Not now, not ever..

"Because we don't have any proof, they might just think we're drunk or something." I said as she nodded softly.

"Don't tell anyone too, they might think we were trying to steal something. Plus I want that place to just be ours." I said as I unwrapped my arms around her shoulders and looked at her into her eyes.

"Okay, I might need some more fresh air now." Ryujin said as she sighed softly, great she's forgetting about it.

"Of course, I'm good with that. I know CPR." I said smirking a bit I said smiling at her with a goofy grin.

"Yah!" Ryujin said slapping my arm.

"Ow, just joking. Anyway might just be a prank or something. Some teens might have found the place already, fucking teens." I said sighing removing my hands from her shoulders and starting to softly push myself forward.

"I knew somebody would find our spot, but I didn't expect it to be some kids. Jeez." Ryujin said catching up to me.

"Right? Man. I wanted to skateboard there one last time." I said as convincingly as I could. Who am I lying to? If we went any further the stalker would've killed us already, good thing there was a town nearby.

"Oh also tomorrow is Lia's Birthday, we're going to celebrate with her on VLive, but after we can all celebrate together." Ryujin said as we slowly went back to the JYP building.

"Yeah! We'll surprise her after the VLive. That would be great. You guys need a cake? We have a baker in our dorms." I said as I looked into her beautiful eyes. There she goes again, forgetting the events. She was always a beautiful night light in my life, this is why I liked her so much. No matter what, she had a certain light in her that just made me smile. I'm still slightly shaken though. At the sudden return of the aggressive voices but they always save my life in the end. I hope Ryujin wouldn't try to go to the woods again, not now.

To be continued...