Chapter 15 - Chance

"What is this about?"

"Why are you acting like you don't know me? What happened to you?"

"You really want to know?" Y/n said, his eyes meeting Ryujin's, and Ryujin nodded.

"You happened to me." Y/n said, "I never looked at anybody like I looked at you. You changed my life, you changed how I saw life. And you taught me what it is to like someone and get along with them, and you taught me how to be a friend. You taught me what a person is," Y/n said as he looked up at the pale sky that had stars scattered across it. The sight was mesmerizing, but the view didn't help Y/n feel any better as he reminisced.

"Then as soon as you taught me how to be a person, you left. Then that taught me what a person can do." Y/n said as he laid eyes on the illuminated moon. It stood out, as always, amongst the scattered clutter of stars. He took deep breaths, feeling his throat close.

"And since then I hated being able to feel. But it's inevitable. No matter how much you struggle, you still will be able to feel emotions. So no matter how many gifts or whatever the fuck you give me, that won't make up for the amount of emotions I felt." Y/n's head sunk, and his eyes focused on his feet.

"And I'm sorry for feeling that way, but it's just how I am." Y/n said with sorrow laced into his words as Ryujin's frown to deepen.

Ryujin was stunned. Ryujin never heard a sentimental side of this man. She froze for a few seconds before she walked in front of Y/n and held his hand in hers. "Whatever materialistic thing I give you is not going to cover the emotions you felt. But what if we make new memories? We can relive the times when I was still there." Ryujin said as she softly caressed the skin on Y/n's hands.

"I'm sorry for leaving you feeling like that, but I'd like to make it up to you. Maybe we could be friends again." Ryujin said as she looked up at Y/n, who had his head down. Y/n pulled his hand away, sighing, the heavy feeling in his chest got heavier.

"I forgave you a long time ago, but the thing is, I don't think I could trust you anymore," Y/n said turning his back to Ryujin, "but I'll give it a shot. Don't fuck it up." Y/n said before walking away and downstairs off of the rooftop. 

Ryujin stood there, smiling like an idiot. He said he would give a shot, and that alone gave Ryujin a stampede of butterflies. Ryujin stared at her hand. She felt a slight spark go through her body when she touched Y/n's hands. It made her head spin with the thoughts of you two being friends again. And she was more than happy to have you back into her life. Ryujin jumped around a bit before running down to her dorm. 

Ryujin arrived at the dorm, smiling like an idiot and her hands flailing around a bit. She put her hand on the handle and tried to twist it open, nothing. She locked herself out. Ryujin got her phone out and called Yeji telling her she went out, and she locked herself out. Even though she was being scolded, she still had her smile plastered on her face. Of course, she was listening, to half of what Yeji was saying. The other half was still thinking about Y/n.

• • • • • Time skip

Y/n and the others gathered. It was inspection day of the month. Y/n and the others had to perform, and they were all shaking with fear. One because not only was JYP going to evaluate them, but he was being joined by JB from GOT7 and Jihyo from TWICE. Y/n was calming Jun-seo down while they warmed up together. 

Y/n was telling Jun-seo and the others that if they do their best, that maybe they would debut soon enough. This encouraged the others and fed off a fire in them. They all wanted to debut badly. Y/n inhaled deeply as them and the NIZI project girls entered the same room and bowed to the three evaluators. 

First part was singing. The NIZI girls were first up, and they all did wonderfully, but some did have a few voice cracks here and there, as expected. But soon it was Vortex's turn. Jun-seo took the lead, singing Park Hyo Shin's Wild Flower. The judges inspected the other members, who were smiling proudly at Jun-seo as he sang wonderfully and powerfully. After his performance everyone clapped. 

"I think you should try to work on your breathing a bit more than you would be a very well-rounded singer. But other than that, you have a fantastic voice." Jihyo said while she smiled at Jun-seo.

"Thank you." Jun-seo said, bowing down before walking back to Y/n, hugging him slightly. Next up was Min-kyu, he was going to sing Please Don't by K.will as his performance. Y/n soothed Jun-seo a bit by rubbing his back slightly as Min-kyu sung smoothly, voice like honey. Again a few comments on breathing from JB and JYP but nothing too bad. This happened to Kyung-jae and Tae-woo as well, but they smiled and bowed. 

Lastly was Y/n's turn, he was going to sing I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. Y/n held the mic and when the music played he swayed as he has sung into the mic. It was the first time the others heard his voice. And they were shocked to say the least. Vortex's eyes were wide in shock as Y/n's voice intoxicated them, the Verdict's mouths were open. When Y/n finished JYP stood up and clapped for Y/n and Y/n smiled biting his lip in anxiousness. 

"Uh, I really don't know what to say your voice is just perfect, in pitch, and you just gave that song a whole new meaning with your voice. Good job" JYP said giving him a thumbs up and Y/n thanked him before walking back into the group who patted his back. Y/n had his mouth shut as his heart raced, presenting and singing in front of people was always so nerve wracking.

The rest of the evaluation went smoothly, and the boys did exquisite in the tests. The dance was on point, the rapper line (Y/n and Kyung-jae) killed their performance, and their evaluation was a breeze. Y/n and the others sighed heavily, exhausted from all the moves they pulled, but they said it was worth it. 

The 5 piled on the couch as they all soon fell asleep hugging onto each other. The illumination was uneven in the room. With light seeping through the curtains and the snoring of Tae-woo consumed the room. Soon there was a soft knock on the door. The door knob being twisted as if the person on the other side of the door was going to be murdered at any second.

To be continued...

Thank you for making it this far, my beautiful human being. Thank you for your time and have a good day luv💕.