Chapter 34 - Personal Haven

I think we all need something wholesome now...

The fire burning underneath the pan spread the energy evenly across the underside of the pan as Y/n stood near. A spatula in hand, Y/n stirred the food in the pan before he dropped the meat into the hot pan. The meat burned against the fiery heat that the pan conducted. The different flavours mixed around in the pan, with elegant hand movements Y/n stirred the meat and other vegetables in the pan. The harmony of flavours made the aroma devine. One of many beautiful traits Y/n had was cooking. He had a natural predilection for cooking since he was a child. Chaeryeong sat at the countertop staring at Y/n. Y/n had a smile on his face as he stirred the food around on the heated pan. Soon, the sauce and moisture earlier had been absorbed by the meat and the food was ready. Y/n turned the stove off and got his plate ready to be beside him. Y/n put the steaming food on a plate as Chaeryeong stared at Y/n's expression. Y/n was a very passionate and diligent cook, he was always proud of his cooking. His heart had a certain fire for cooking. He learned it from his Aunt, which he treasured so much. He loved cooking with all his heart, and he loved his Aunt with all his heart and soul. He always felt as if his food was a delicate masterpiece, and he just adored it when people's faces would light up at the taste of his cooking. He had a burning passion to cook for his loved one, like a compelling force telling him to show his love in the form of edible masterpieces. The only way Y/n knew how to show affection was cooking for somebody. Y/n presented the plate infront of Chaeryeong who got down from the countertop, Chaeryeong smiled at Y/n before taking a spoonful of the food. Y/n's heart pounded against his chest, with a nervous smile Y/n stared at Chaeryeong to see a reaction. Chaeryeong blew on the spoonful, the temperature of the food dropping quite a bit as she blew, after a few seconds the spoon entered her mouth. The food in Chaeryeong's mouth made her head swirl with just the taste of the meat. Her mouth enclosed the spoon and the food transferred to her mouth as she pulled the spoon out, Y/n still watching nervously beside Chaeryeong.

As expected, Chaeryeong's face lit up by the taste of the food that had a beautiful burst of flavours. Her mouth and nose filled with the sweet aroma the food radiated. Chaeryeong chewed on the food which caused the sauce to spill onto her awaiting taste buds, she groaned at the wonderful taste. Y/n smiled widely at Chaeryeong who was chewing with a toothless smile. Chaeryeong moaned at the taste of the food as she took in her 3rd spoonful. It was unexpected but Y/n just kept smiling widely at Chaeryeong. He was so happy that Chaeryeong liked his cooking, he loved her reaction.

"You like it?" Y/n asked with a smile decorating his face as he held onto his apron.

"Yes, this tastes so good! Great job chef Y/n." Chaeryeong said with a thumbs up.

"Thanks Chaer. How about a movie?" Y/n asked with a smile removing his apron and grabbing the dirty pan and spatula.

"Sure, let me prepare the beverages." Chaeryeong said finishing up the plate and putting it in the sink.

"Go pick a movie, I'm going to quickly wash these." Y/n said as he got the sponge from the side of the sink.

"Aye aye sir!" Chaeryeong said jogging away.

Y/n continued on washing the dishes as Chaeryeong flipped through some movies. A certain movie caught Chaeryeong's eye, she pressed on the button and the movie started playing. She paused it and called Y/n over, Y/n quickly went to the living room wiping his hands on his shirt. Chaeryeong got under the blankets and leaned on the sofa as Y/n sat beside her. Y/n got under the blankets as well and put an arm around Chaeryeong's shoulders. Chaeryeong started playing the movie as she leaned into Y/n's shoulder. The two watched the KDrama and they both laughed together. Y/n was confused for the most part, the KDrama had romantic scenes that he thought were cringe and embarrassing. Y/n just tilted his head whenever one scene confused him and Chaeryeong would pause the Movie and explain to Y/n. Y/n would immediately say thank you and the movie would play again. Soon, the movie ended and Y/n was about to ask Chaeryeong what the characters were talking about when he saw Chaeryeong sound asleep. There she was cuddled beside him, hugging his arm, head on his shoulder, they were both under blankets, and Chaeryeong looked too pretty in the faint illumination of the TV screen. Y/n's heart stopped for a second as he stared at the sleeping woman on his side, peacefully in a deep slumber. Y/n knew she was tired so he let her be and leaned his head against hers, Y/n sighed as he felt himself drifting to sleep. Y/n got the remote from Chaeryeong's hand and turned the TV off before he fixed himself. Y/n then laid down on the couch pulling Chaeryeong on top of him as he covered the both of them with the blanket. The warmth in their body made their torso's basically burn. None of the two ever cared about the temperature but they both wanted to take a rest. Y/n laid his hand over the dip of Chaeryeong's back as his eyes slowly dropped from the hazy and sissy feeling the lack of sleep gave. He sighed as he closed his eyes, ready for sleep to take over his body, the sudden heaviness in his body was relaxing to him. As if he was waiting for sleep to just take him out he closed his eyes as his breaths became slower and shorter, the smile on Y/n's face never leaving. The two had their own world, where only they exist. Nothing was going to be able to bother them, they had their own recreated universe whenever they were around each other. They were each other's escape from this cruel compelling world, a personal heaven for the both of them was beside them.

To be continued...