Chapter 69 - Couch

Y/n and Chaeryeong stood at the street waiting for a cab to pass by. Chaeryeong was staring at her cellphone. The amber light illuminated her face as Y/n glanced at her. Chaeryeong would always be talkative whenever it was just them two and now she was completely silent. Y/n scooted closer to Chaeryeong while looking up at the sky, Chaeryeong glanced to her left seeing Y/n scoot closer she rolled her eyes and took a step to her right. Y/n then looked at her and furrowed his eyebrows, "What's up with you?" Y/n said as he looked straight at Chaeryeong "What?" Chaeryeong said in a bit of an irritated tone, "You're tense and you won't talk to me. Did I do something?" Y/n said lifting his eyebrows as Chaeryeong finally met his gaze "What? What do you mean?" Chaeryeong said rolling her eyes as she furrowed her eyebrows at Y/n "I mean why are you ignoring me, and why are you so mad at me." Y/n said bumping his shoulder with Chaeryeong's "I'm not ignoring you more am I mad at you." Chaeryeong said as she bumped Y/n's shoulder harder "Mhm tell that to your eyebrows and your shoulder Missy." Y/n said as he chuckled seeing a yellow cab driving onto the street. Y/n waved his hand and the car slowed down as Chaeryeong looked at Y/n "I said I'm not mad." Chaeryeong said as Y/n opened the door for her to enter "Mhm, get in Missy." Y/n said as Chaeryeong entered the car and sat at the farthest seat from Y/n. Y/n entered the car as Caheryeong told the driver the address of the ITZY girl's new dormatory. "Noona, you're still grumpy?" Y/n said scooting closer to Chaeryeong "I'm not grumpy, now leave me alone." Chaeryeong said as she crossed her arms and she looked out the window "Not gonna happen. I'm going to be debuting soon you know?" Y/n said as he scooted closer to Chaeryeong. There was a barrier between the front of the car and the back of the car, extra precautions caused by the pandemic. "Why don't you go tell that to Eunbi." Chaeryeong murmured loud enough for Y/n to hear "What? Oh wait. Aww is Chaeryeong noona a little jelly?" Y/n said poking at Chaeryeong's face mask. Chaeryeong swatted his hand away "Aww she is. Don't worry noona, I only have eyes for you." Y/n said greasily getting close to Chaeryeong's face. Chaeryeong's hand hit Y/n's shoulder repeatedly as she was blushing wildly from the bold statement.

Y/n and Chaeryeong talked lowly with each other. Chaeryeong leaned her head on Y/n's shoulder, "You're not Jealous Chaeryeong anymore?" Y/n said as he put a patted Chaeryeong's head "Whatever." Chaeryeong said groggily as she was tired from practice and going out in the middle of the night. Chaeryeong closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Y/n's arm as Y/n glanced at her. He knew she was tired but the simple gesture had him blushing. Y/n felt Chaeryeong's warmth transfer to his arm, she felt comfortable. She felt so soft and Y/n felt so calm with her presence so close to him. The hazy lights barely distracted him as the car sped down the road. Y/n laid his head on Chaeryeong's as his eyes fell droopily. He was tired and sore from the dance practice.

After a few minutes they had arrived to the new House the where ITZY girls live and Y/n shook Chaeryeong a bit. Y/n paid the driver and thanked them before he dragged Chaeryeong out the car. Y/n shook Chaeryeong up and she groaned "Thanks again Y/n. It's been a fun night." Chaeryeong said yawning "No problem noona, sorry it took so long. Have a good night noona." Y/n said hugging her before he hailed another can "I'll see you tommorow, right Y/n?" Chaeryeong said as she pulled on Y/n's jacket "Of course noona. Go, Yeji noona might beat me up if you don't get back soon." Y/n said patting Chaeryeong's head as he opened the car door and entered the car. Chaeryeong waved goodbye before she went to the front door. The moonlight was prominent that night, the cold atmosphere.

Y/n closed the door behind him as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. The heavy bag straining on his shoulder as he walked up the stairs. He fixed his sweatshirt then started to walk into the JYP entertainment building. Y/n showed his ID to the guard and he went through the doors into the wide and bright hallways of the JYP entertainment building. He walked over to the elevator and stood beside a woman, "Annyeong." The woman greeted Y/n who bowed to her "Annyeong Noona." Y/n said as he lifted his head "Y/n?" The woman asked which made Y/n's head turn "Yes, How do you know my name?" Y/n said as the elevator doors opened as they both entered. The woman pulled down her mask as she raised her eyebrow at Y/n who had widened eyes "Oh, h-hi noona. Great weather today." Y/n said chuckling in fear "Sure, why are you still out at this time of the night?" Fusako said as she fixed her bag strap that was resting on her shoulder "I went to go talk to a friend. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Y/n said bowing to Fusako who had a hand on her hip "It's nice you're honest but if you're going out you have to tell me. You're almost going to debut soon, I don't want any scandals to ruin your career." Fusako said as she looked down at her feet "My bad noona, I know you're working hard for the five of us. I promise to you I will tell you if I need to go out somewhere again." Y/n said as he yet again bowed his head. He was embarrassed and was ashamed he disregarded Fusako's hard work "It's fine Y/n. And as long as you keep that promise, then I'll keep working hard." Fusako said as she looked up to Y/n with a small smile. "Okay, I will. Anyways noona where were you going with all these bags?" Y/n said with an eyebrow raised "This was supposed to be your breakfast, I was going to drop it off at your dorms. A little treat from me and Hye-kyung." Fusako said as she once again fixed the bags she was carrying "Oh well let me help you with that." Y/n said taking four bags from Fusako as the elevator doors opened and a set of people entered. Y/n pressed the buttons as they all looked a bit cramped "Hey Y/n?" Fusako said as she was pressed against his back "Ne?" Y/n said as Fusako buried her head into his back "I'm a bit tired, can I sleep on your sofa for the night?" Fusako said as she groaned into Y/n's back "Sure." Y/n said as the doors opened and people walked out of the elevator. Y/n and Fusako got out of the elevator and they both entered the dormatory. Y/n grabbed the containers of food and put it inside the refrigerator. Y/n's cellphone started to ring right as he had closed the refrigerator, he grabbed his cellphone and looked at the caller. "Oh hi Lia noona." Y/n said as he turned around and he removed his bag.

"Who is that girl on your couch?"

To be continued...