Chapter 82 - Misunderstanding

Hye-kyung had her hands on her hips as she held a plastic bag filled with food. Fusako was next to her, her hands covering her eyes. Lia jumped off of Y/n, within a few seconds Y/n was standing in front of Lia as Hye-kyung marched towards Y/n. Y/n opened his mouth as Hye-kyung got closer, he was scared to the bone. A shiver went up his spine as Fusako had a worried expression on her face. Hye-kyung grabbed Y/n's ear and dragged him to the couch and pushed the man down. 

"What were you doing!" Hye-kyung yelled at Y/n as Y/n shielded himself with his hands. Fusako walked closer as Lia's jaw dropped.

"Ow! Noona- wait-" Y/n said as he got trapped in a fury of slaps by Hye-kyung. "Nothing was happening!" Y/n said as Hye-kyung gasped. Y/n had, accidentally, caught Hye-kyung's hand.

"Baby, stop. Let Y/n talk." Fusako said as Hye-kyung pulled her hand away from Y/n, who flinched at her actions. "Lia, what were you two doing?" Fusako said as she turned to Lia who had her hand over her mouth.

"Uh... First, we weren't kissing. I was just jokingly putting my forehead with his. I promise we were just joking around." Lia said, explaining as good as she could, Fusako's eyebrow lifted. This action made Lia swallow her spit.

"I see... Are you two dating?" Fusako said calmly, as Hye-kyung was still behind Fusako and her eyes were glaring daggers into Y/n's.

"No ma'am. We both agreed to just stay friends." Lia said in a quieter tone, fiddling with her hands.

Fusako sighed nodding, she turned to Hye-kyung. "Let's leave the food here." Fusako said as she laid the food on the coffee table in front of Y/n, "Y/n if you need anything, call me. Hye-kyung might come here with a knife." Fusako said with a chuckle. Fusako pulled Hye-kyung by her arm out of the dormitory. Fusako giggled as she turned to Hye-kyung, "What." Hye-kyung said as she turned to Fusako, "You're hot when you're mad you know?" Fusako said pulling Hye-kyung closer to her. Hye-kyung looked at Fusako with an eyebrow raised. "Is that so?" Hye-kyung said pulling Fusako by her waist with a smirk.

In the Vortex boys' Dormitory, Lia and Y/n were laughing. They were laughing at Y/n's reaction to Hye-kyung slapping him on the arm so many times.

"Oh god when you caught her hand!" Lia said as she fell back on the couch laughing as Y/n chuckled with her.

"It's not that funny you know. I thought the next time I blink I was going to see the top of my coffin. Y/n said leaning back on the couch as he inhaled deeply as Lia lost all composure. He hasn't felt this good to talk to anyone in so long.

"Oh my god! You're so funny." Lia said as she wiped the tears falling from her eyes from laughing so hard. Y/n smiled widely, he felt so free with Lia. A thought came to mind. The ITZY manager, ugh. Y/n remembered how he was so smug and quite rude. He wasn't confident and bold, he was just being an ass. (Idk their manager so this person stays nameless and ik they're an ass here but they're probably really nice irl, pls dont hate me lol)

"Thank you noona. But I'd rather you go back to your dorms now. I don't want them to worry about you. I'll walk you." Y/n said as he stood up as Lia groaned. Y/n stretched and glanced at Lia. Slumped against the couch, Lia laid on the couch with a pout. "What? C'mon noona you need to get to your dorms." Y/n said outstretching his hands for Lia to grab.

"But there's nothing to do there. And I like hanging out with you..." Lia whined as she put her hands on top of Y/n's.

"I'm walking you home though. And we can still text when you get home." Y/n said holding her hands and pulling Lia up gently. Lia whined but stood up and grabbed her purse.

Lia went to get her shoes back on as Y/n grabbed a jacket. The two continued with their small talk as Y/n opened the door for her. Y/n walked Lia home, the whole time they were walking far apart to avoid any scandals surfacing. Once Lia reached her dormitory, Y/n called an Uber back to JYPE. 

Y/n had a lot to contemplate about. He contemplated about his future endeavors, relationships, and his career. Y/n laid his head on his pillow. The mellow harmonies from the music that played from Kyung-jae's phone was all Y/n's ears focused on. His mind traveling faster than the speed of light as he put everyone's opinion's, including his, into perspective. He couldn't  think of a solution to everyone's problem, logically, so he turned to his guts. Y/n was never the person to purposefully hurt people, he has a strong moral compass that leads him, though he doesn't like to admit this to himself. Y/n doesn't want to tango with his own feelings for too long, he feels like this activity lessens his very train of thought. He likes to be logical, though he knows this can't possibly the solution to everything, it's his first option. He hates to be wrong, and he is quite stubborn. But he is a hard-worker and once he sets his eyes on a goal, he will get to his goal if he wants to. Y/n likes to have options, he likes to feel like he can control everything in his life. Not everyone likes his charming personality and his way of living, but this fuels him to become a better person. How may all of this be related to his decisions? Y/n likes to evaluate himself first, He likes to check up on himself and see if he has improved in any shape or form. Y/n  groaned annoyed, suddenly a rush of embarrassing memories played in his head. Y/n shook his head lightly as a migraine crept its way to his head. 

"Ugh... Y/n? You got a fever again?" Kyung-jae said knocking on the bottom of Y/n's bunk.

"Oh, uh no Hyung. Sorry, I'll keep it down." Y/n said resting his muscles on the soft bed.

"Ew... were you..." Kyung-jae trailed as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What? No. Just a headache. Nothing to worry about." Y/n said as he turned to his side as he closed his eyes.

"Are you sure? Like really sure? Last time you had a headache you threw up." Kyung-jae said as he sat up from his bed.

"I was car sick. You drive like a maniac. Plus you  drove us home from an all-you-can-eat buffet." Y/n said with a groan.

"I was showing you my sick Tokyo drift skills. Didn't you say I was super cool or something?" Kyung-jae said as he laid himself back down to his bed.

"That was to get you to stop." Y/n said with a laugh. Y/n felt like Kyung-jae always knew how to help him. Kyung-jae was Y/n's brother from another mother.

"Alright, let's sleep now Hyung. We got a meeting tomorrow." Y/n said as he sighed heavily, Kyung-jae hummed in response as they both listened to the mellow music flowing in the air. 

Y/n felt safe. A rarity, really.

To be continued...