Chapter 63 - A Month

A  month  later

Y/n sat on his bed, a throbbing headache accompanied him throughout the morning up until the evening as well. It was currently 3:27 in the afternoon and the other Vortex boys were set to return in 3 hours so Y/n laid on his bed, his feet dangling off the bunk bed. Y/n sat there, notebook on his thighs, pen in hand, writing down a song. The blankets pooling around his figure, the humming of the beat he had made in the morning echoed around in the room. He hummed along as he thought of words that would compliment the beat. The beat was an upbeat instrumental. It was a rough interpretation but he got along. He used an electric guitar, trumpets, along with some snaps he had recorded with Chan before, some random noises, and a low howl. A futuristic yet dark vibe accompanied the tracks he had made. He then turned his attention back to the laptop he had and started adding a bit of bass into the instrumental. He kept working on the tracks, changing the pitch, adjusting the drums, along with tweaking the random adlibs he had pre-recorded.  Y/n continued on with his evening finishing a demo of a newly written song that was messily jotted down on his notebook. His ballpoint pen losing ink by the drops as Y/n started to jot down the 3rd Verse of the song. Y/n had recently taken an interest on Norse mythology and Greek mythology, he has taken a specific interest on the women of Norse mythology, Valkyries. He suddenly had a spike of inspiration from the research and had been writing songs about different genres, the day before he was interested in movie stars and the production process, and the day before that he was written for and because of the girls of ITZY.

2 weeks ago Chan and Y/n were both called into the studio, there some producers and sound engineers helped them finish up some songs. Tweaking the songs, tuning the melodies and even recording some more adlibs. This continued on for 4 days until all 5 songs for their debut EP had been finished. Y/n took notes both mentally and on his notebook as the Producers gladly taught Y/n some ways to create his own track and create a demo. Y/n made the other members participate in the 4-day period of them staying in the studio for hours on end. Chan was able to only show up for 2 out of the 4 days because he was busy promoting Stray Kids' first full album, Y/n kept a keen eye on the production of the songs. The sound engineers were impressed that Y/n was such a keen and fast learner that they even have Y/n some exclusive tips and tricks in tweaking the tracks. Y/n had been focusing on the EP and had been more focused in writing the lyrics. Surprisingly, Y/n had not even missed one dancing or singing lesson, not even being late to class despite dropping in and out of the studio. Although he was once again was put on a day of bed rest he had decided to use the time to make more songs and finish his essays and review for his upcoming tests in moral education, Korean launguage, and mathematics. He had already studied the night before and is planning to study this night as well but was interrupted by his newfound interest in Norse mythology. He hadn't had time for himself or any of his friends as he was constantly training, making songs, or going to school. This stuffed schedule had caused him to acquire new health problems. He was diagnosed with dehydration and was assigned a new meal plan by his nutritionist.

The front door of the dorm had opened and 4 boys entered. "Y/n were home!" Min-kyu tiredly shouted as he carried a small plastic bag in hand as the other slumped on the couch "I got your weekly diet!" Min-kyu said laying the plastic bag down on the countertop of the kitchen before he went to go grab a glass of water. Y/n finished off the last lines of the song before he closed his laptop, his notebook, and his Korean dictionary before setting them aside to climb down the ladder. Y/n walked down the hallway to see all the boys tired and slumped over, all of them softly drifting to sleep as Min-kyu leaned on the counter as he drank some water "Hey, what happened? You all seem so tired." Y/n asked with an eyebrow raised as he looked through the plastic bag "We only get a day off tomorrow, and we are burned out. Jun was even limping earlier." Min-kyu said as his shaky hand laid the glass on the countertop "I beg of you Y/n let us take a day off tomorrow, we really need it." Min-kyu begged Y/n as he faced Y/n. "Sure, you all can take the day off tomorrow, and on Sunday too, I'll take care of Fusako noona." Y/n said with a smile, intentionally raising his voice a bit, so the others would be able to hear "But on Monday I want all of you to work on the new songs I wrote with me, I'm really not that good at Korean." Y/n said which made the others cheer in excitement. They tried their best to cheer but their voices were so weak so there was only a brief cheer "Now go and sleep for now, tomorrow morning your food will be on the table." Y/n said patting Min-kyu's back before he returned to searching for his Friday diet. Min-kyu and Kyung-jae made eye contact and smiled weakly at each other. Min-kyu and Kyung-jae both walked into Min-kyu's bedroom and they both got out their own cellphone, they were planning to play some games before sleep. They started up their PUBG apps before they both sat on the floor of Min-kyu's room

"Dude, I didn't think Y/n would be that harsh when we dance." Kyung-jae said  shaking his head as he yawned from the fatigue. His body felt heavy from the exhaustion.

"I know right? At first, he just seems like a kid that cooks but next thing you know he's beating my ass with a towel." Min-kyu said with a giggle as he invited Kyung-jae to his party. Min-kyu leaned back on the wall as he clutched onto his phone.

"That was actually funny though. I get that he wants out debut to be perfect, but this isn't the way to do it." Kyung-jae said as they started to search for an available server.

"True, well now we can focus on defeating some chumps in this game." Min-kyu said as they walked around the map punching some people.

"Hell yeah, let's go Min-kyu." Kyung-jae said as they both ran around aimlessly in the lobby.

The two played on the game for the night as Tae-woo and Jun-seo slept in their room peacefully. All of them were exhausted with the amount of times Y/n made them practice the choreography. Y/n ate his diet that was assigned to him and texted their manager before he got back to reviewing his Mathematics notes. Y/n had a pile of work needed to be done since he let the assignment's on his desk accumulate. Y/n scribbling on his notes and testing himself into solving different equations. Y/n never truly had a wonderful handwriting, but it was legible at the very least. The soft light of the lamp hitting his notebook and book as he studied calmed down him down unconsciously. His muscles were sore, so he was glad no project had been assigned. 40 minutes into studying, the sudden illumination of the phone screen caught Y/n's eye as he turned the cellphone on. His eyes widened in surprise as he read the words displayed on his screen.

1 unread Message from 'Ryunnie'

To be continued...