Chapter 72 - Choreo

After Yesterday's sob-off marathon the boys of Vortex's morale heightened. They all were excited to start being a group and traveling to Korea together. The city of Seoul was clearly bright that day. The Sun had only begun to rise and the boys of Vortex were all in the kitchen, Y/n, who was sweating beads, were trying to teach them one by one how to cook ramen like he does, complete with vegetables and meat. Y/n was very nervous since one, he had never taught anyone how to cook and wasn't sure how to instruct the boys, and two he knows the boys can be enthusiastic fire benders. They had tried cooking pasta once and the kitchen almost nearly burned down. Ever since Y/n had been more cautious when the boys were in the kitchen. Y/n guided Min-kyu in making the sauce, Y/n added the ingredients and Min-kyu stirred the sauce slowly. "Alright, good job Min-kyu. The sauce didn't even burn, I give you a 9/10." Y/n said with a smile as he turned off the fire. "A 9? Why a 9 can't I get a ten?" Min-kyu said as he drowned a bit at Y/n. Y/n inhaled slowly and looked at Min-kyu "Be grateful I didn't throw you out of the kitchen when you spilled the first batch of sauce." Y/n said as he untied his Apron "Oh, right that..." Min-kyu said giggling. Kyung-jae was working on the strainer with Jun-seo as they were responsible for the pasta. Tae-woo was the cleanup crew of the kitchen, "Tae-woo can you please clean the mess on the counter?" Y/n said as Tae-woo saluted to him with a smile as he got a rag and went to clean the mess. Y/n and Min-kyu started to bring out the utensils and plates going to be used. Y/n smiled to himself, it was a success after a good hour of him trying not to let Tae-woo or Kyung-jae near the stove.

After an eventful morning of the boys making food, spilling it, making another batch, and eating the boys had set out on their dance practice. Y/n was nervous since there was a lot of pressure in debuting, and he had been working himself to the edge. Y/n and the boys of Vortex entered the dance studio to be met by the Choreographers and their dance mentor Yoojung Lee. "Hey, debutee's finally arrived." Yoojung said with open arms, Y/n walked to her and returned her embrace "Sorry if we're a little late, the others were being slow pokes." Y/n said pulling away and bowing to the Choreographers. "Well, let's start then." Yoojung said clapping as she walked to the computer. The boys of Vortex set down their belongings on the couches and got ready to learn the newly constructed choreography.

Y/n's POV (rare, I know.)

There was a certain story this song was portraying, and they captured it in a good light but this isn't the story I was trying to tell. Even I had difficulty writing and portraying the several emotions I had put into the song, but this choreography is a new difficulty. I like the complexity, the way we had to synchronize perfectly or else it would be portrayed as unfinished. It's a great choreography. My heart is beating so fast, the pressure on my shoulders lurk at the back of my mind. It elicited unwelcomed emotions from me the other day but right now I have to focus. It's tiring to have this much stress and expectations on my shoulders. As a JYP trainee, as the brother of an Idol, as a brother, and as a Leader. I may be becoming stressed because of these clauses, but I don't care as long as I get to reach my dreams. If it means that I reach burn out from practice, so be it. If it means to lose sleep at night to write songs, I'll do it. If it means that I need to take care of my friends like they're my brother's, my fucking pleasure. But, nowadays something in me has changed, I don't fully know what or when, but I feel it. Something in my head clicked. This whole career is a big series of Commitments I had been dealing with for almost 8 years now. I know I am the type of person that when they commit to something, they will do whatever it takes to get to where they desire. I get that, but it started to feel too repetitive. Sleep, eat on a diet, practice for 8 hours a day, repeat. How much more do I need to do this? How about when I'm an Idol? Is it going to be the same? I've been asking this to myself for at least a week now, and I still don't have my answer. The contract that tied me down to this company feels like a chain wrapped around my torso, once I entertain enough people I'll get to be free. Is this really the life I chose? To be shackled to a company? I guess I knew what I was getting into, must have sunk in too long. Yet I feel content, happy, amazed, starstruck, and other emotions that I never thought I had. I heard of them but I never ever felt it. When I was a child I remember seeing all the different artist back then, performing on fancy stages with beautiful lights flashing into the crowd. I felt something in my heart that I wanted to be like them one day, yet here I am having second thoughts. I hope I made the right decision because I'm sticking to this one right now. But I still wonder what would have happened if I stayed in the mansion, with the others, became the most notorious leader of a deep-seated gang. I would've been swimming in money and anything materialistic thing I want would've been in front of me in a blink of an eye but that never really satisfied me. I wanted to push my boundaries as a performer. I wanted to follow the path my brother had paved. I wanted to push beyond a bland emotionless job.

"Yah! Y/n Bang! Pay attention!" Yoojung suddenly shouted at me which caused me to inhale a quick breath and process the situation as quick as I could "Yes ma'am, I'm sorry." I said bowing as I blinked a few times. The music started again and the Choreographers started to dance again. I took note of each and every detail I could see and observed the flow of their body as they danced. This was what I love the most about dance, the different rhythm's and flows your body conveyed as you feel the music pounding in your head. Each beat and each not could be conveyed in simple movements of the arm of legs. I was staring at their movements in each wave of the hand, each head movement, all of their little steps. Observation is key in my opinion, I love learning through sight. I have a high sense of awareness, I can notice change in breathing very quickly, I can read emotions pretty easily. But it's quite difficult when I'm trying to express myself vocally, that's why I prefer dance. Now words just body's moving to communicate, and to interpret words that would take up so much brain power for me. I'm not too talented in writing, although I tried improving myself many times before, I just can't seem to get a train of thought to start in my head when writing. Once I do though nothing will come between me and whatever I'm writing on. I looked to my right, Kyung-jae Hyung's eye twitched when we leaned on our leaned on our right knee, honestly is he that old? Oh, well. After the dance Yoojung noona started to teach us section by section. I walked behind Kyung-jae and bent my knee behind his right knee, and he groaned lowly then turned to me "What the..." he said annoyed, he huffed "What happened to your knee? I said as I looked at him with a Stoic face "I just slipped and fell on my knee, it's been a bit annoying since but that's it." Kyung-jae said as he bit his lip, he's nervous. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, this Hyung needs to stop trying and be Flash "Hyung, be careful, I thought you were actually becoming the groups' grandpa." I said then running away from him, I looked back, and he was running after me with fire in his eyes. Ahh, I love this group.

To be continued...