Chapter 39 - Shall we?

Do you guys like the new cover or should I go back to the old one? Comment here.

Still ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ

The searing pan was being handled by Y/n as he cooked some food for all of them. The big pot being stirred by Jun-seo as Y/n tried to quickly cook many cuisines at once. Once the pasta was done he put the boiling pot into the sink and drained the water out. He set the pasta on a container as Jun-seo stirred the spaghetti sauce. The smile on Y/n's face never left. The woman that had been in the office was getting dragged by her hand towards the main door. Her gaze still not leaving Y/n's figure as he put the sauce in a container and asked one of the men to put it on the table. It was weird to the woman. The most notorious group of people acting as if they were all family and they all laughed together. These people who had control of the whole city's rebels and different gangs were treating each other like brothers. They kept talking to one another while they set up the table, making jokes as they did so. The woman pulled her hand away as much as she can but she couldn't get away from the grip of the man. She was struggling as her forearm was burning from the harsh grip the man had on her arm. "Let go!" The woman said  using her other arm trying to remove the man's fingers from her arm, this only caused the man's hand to grip more onto the woman's forearm.

"Yah, what do you think you're doing?" A voice called out to the man "Why are you grabbing her arm?" Another man joined as they slowly walked towards the man who was staring at them. "Tae-woo, Jung-sik, what are you doing?" Y/n called out carrying 2 different plates with mountains of food "Sir, this man is harassing the woman. We think he may be harming her." The man named Jung-sik said as he cracked his knuckles, Y/n took one look at the woman and shook his head "You may continue." Y/n said and walked away. Jung-sik lunged on the man and Tae-woo led the woman away and joined Jung-sik. A shower of punches was thrown onto the man's body, the sound of their fists colliding with the man's face and stomach was heard along with the cries spilling from his mouth. The man started punching back and hit Tae-woo in the nose with the a bit of force he could muster causing Tae-woo to jerk back a bit and his nose to start bleeding. The man tried to grab onto anything, his hands met Jung-sik's shirt and he pulled. This causes Jung-sik's shirt to rip and Jung-sik threw one mighty punch towards the man's stomach followed by Tae-woo punching the man with all his force. Once the man was unconscious they had stopped. Jung-sik's fist bruised and his shirt ripped. Jung-sik then spat at the unconscious man and Tae-woo walked towards the woman escorting her to her vehicle. "What will you do with him?" The woman said in a worried tone as she saw everything that just happened "Nothing much. We will not kill him if that is what you're thinking." Tae-woo said as he wiped the blood on his nose off with his polo "Thanks I g-guess." The woman said as they reached her vehicle that was in their underground car park "Not a problem, drive with caution the roads are slippery." Tae-woo said waving at her before walking away. Tae-woo walked back with a bit of a stumble, he couldn't deny the man did some damage. Tae-woo entered the room seeing Y/n already treating Jung-sik's bruised knuckles and was waved over by Y/n. Y/n treated both of the men's injuries as the unconscious body was dragged by another 2 men. "Are you both done?" Y/n shouted to the two men who were strapping the unconscious man to the wall with metal chains connected to the concrete walls. "Not yet sir!" One man shouted back and Y/n closed the first aid kit beside him and sighed "You two are okay now, you guys wait for me at the table. Keep the food warm." Y/n said as he stood up straight and walked towards the room where the unconscious man was. Y/n walked over and saw that the man was already strapped onto the wall. "Good job, now we will be teaching him a lesson. But for now we eat, come on before the food gets cold." Y/n said clapping as the two smiled at him, they all exited the room. Y/n stood at the door with a glint of anger in his eyes as he shut the metal door loudly, he assumed the man was awake because of the screaming he heard from the outside. Y/n walked away with a grin.

Once they were all at the table Y/n smiled at them, "Good evening everyone. I hope you had a good week so far, I sure didn't but I want to hear your weeks first. Starting from our oldest grandfather ever." Y/n said as he sat down and pointed at the man "Yah, I'm not That old!" The man said "Sure Sung-soo. Well how did your week go?" Y/n said picking up his utensils and mixed his pasta with the sauce. They all talked about how their week went and what they were planning to do in the future. They continued laughing and eating. The beautiful illumination of the chandelier above them gave the scent a wonderful glow. The atmosphere was warm and felt like home, Y/n loved this. The feeling of being able to talk to the people who had the most impact in his life. The heaving dark clouds outside had no effect on how they all were inside. The outside of the house was cold and dark whilst the atmosphere inside was so warm and felt like a mother cradling her newborn child. Such a wonderful atmosphere conscealed the fact that these 12 men ran the crimes that were on the daily in the city, they were the the leaders. All of them. Yet they worked underground, using other people as their puppets to speak out. You would never see this scene again. Neither will I. But at least we can bask in the memories, but shall we get back to the story?

Y/n assigned someone to wash the dishes and Y/n went to his backpack calling the others with him. They all waited in the living room. The atmosphere they once had has dropped. Now it was all business men wearing a poker face as they all stared into the abyss. Once the last member returned and sat down they all turned to Y/n.

"So shall we start?"

To be continued...