Chapter 81 - Knock Knock

Y/n didn't spare any time to think of whomever the women were, so he turned back around just as people were exiting the elevator. Y/n walked in as the boys of Vortex filed in behind him. Y/n leaned his head back on the elevator. Yuna, Yeji and Lia followed the men into the elevator as Kyung-jae pressed the appropriate button. The elevator was silent, except of course the humming of the song. The atmosphere was cold. No one paid attention to whom each other was. The elevator dinged as they all got out. Y/n pulling the keys out of his pocket and opening the door. As soon as he did, though, Lia grabbed his shoulder. Y/n jumped a bit as he opened the door. He turned around with furrowed eyebrows as he connected eyes with Lia who had an eyebrow raised.

Y/n removed his face shield with a sigh, "Can I help you?" Y/n said with a monotone voice. Which took the girls aback a bit, they've never heard Y/n talk this dispassionately.

"Why haven't you been replying to our texts? Our calls even." Yuna said stepping forward.

"I was busy, sorry I had my phone on silent mode." Y/n said with the same monotone voice and emotionless tone.

"It's been a week Y/n. We worried something happened to you." Yuna said as she touched his shoulder. Y/n shrugged her hand off, which took Yuna and the other girls aback.

"Sorry for worrying you then. I'm really busy nowadays. I'll make sure to reply next time," Y/n said trailing off as he sighed heavily, "Now I need to do some stuff. Will you three excuse me." Y/n said as he bowed to the three girls and walked into his dormitory. "Have a good day." Y/n said dismissively.

The girls kept looking at each other, completely dumbfounded. Y/n was so blunt and quite dismissive. They were shocked as Y/n had always been so passionate when talking to anybody. He seemed to be rather drained of emotions. They weren't sure if that was just Y/n they saw. Y/n had always been somewhat cheerful to see them, let alone talk to them. Y/n sometimes would be very tired, mostly late at night, when Lia would call him and talk to him for hours. Even then he was passionate, and his wording would always be respectful and lively. The three girls looked at each other. Lia laid her hands on Yeji's and Yuna's shoulder, she was sighed deeply.

"I'll talk to him, you two need to get back. I'm sure Chaeryeong and Ryujin might already be doing the passive-aggressive thing again." Lia said as she smiled at the two. Yeji raised her eyebrow, but sighed heavily once she connected eyes with Lia. The girls knew Lia had always made time to talk to Y/n, and that they have grown closer than anybody in the club.

"Let's go Yuna. We need to go grocery shopping anyway." Yeji said as she stretched out her hand to Yuna to hold. The two intertwined hands and left the premises.

Lia sighed to herself, she was unsure of what happened to Y/n. She took slow steps to the door and knocked 4 times on the door. The noise of someone walking to the door can be heard. The door opened to reveal  Kyung-jae, shirtless, as he opened the door Lia furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Hey cutie." Kyung-jae said with a fake deep voice. Lia rolled her eyes and chuckled to herself.

"Hey Kyung-jae. Can I speak to Y/n?" Lia said as Kyung-jae leaned forward, which made Lia lean back. 

"Hmm... Yeah, sure, Lia noona." Kyung-jae said, smiling as he leaned back. "Come in." Kyung-jae said as he moved out of the way as Lia walked in as she crossed her arms. Lia quickly removed her shoes as Kyung-jae locked the door behind them. "Yah! Y/n-ssi your girlfriend is here!" Kyung-jae shouted loudly.

"Is it Ryujin noona?" Tae-woo shouted back as he walked by the entrance from the laundry room. A chuckle from Kyung-jae was heard.

"No, that's Y/n's Wife." Kyung-jae said as he shook his head. Lia sat down on the couch, a few memories coming back. Suddenly a quick flash of an item hit Kyung-jae dead on the head which caused him to stumble. Footsteps were heard coming from the hallway.

"Shut up idiot." Y/n said as he walked into the living room, a chuckle from Kyung-jae was heard as he grabbed the shirt on his head. Kyung-jae saw how flushed Y/n's face was.

"Aye-aye cap'n" Kyung-jae said laughing as Y/n pushed him to the kitchen.

Y/n sat beside Lia as he sighed. Lia's eyes were trained on Y/n's face. Y/n's face was flushed. The last time the two sat down on the same couch, they had an eventful night.  He tried to shake the thought off his mind as he turned to Lia. "How may I help you, Noona?" Y/n said with a  small smile. 

"You haven't called me in a week. I got worried. So Yuna and Yeji went with me to check up on you." Lia said, laying her hand on Y/n's thigh. A loud 'Ooh' was heard from the kitchen along with some whistling noises. Y/n raised his eyebrow as he connected eyes with Kyung-jae. Kyung-jae immediately  knew what Y/n was trying to do, he raised his hands and dragged Tae-woo away with him. The two laughed as Y/n sighed, pushing Lia's hand off his thigh.

"I see, sorry about that. I've been quite busy. We're debuting soon, and The M/V shooting's just finished, so that means lots of photoshoots, Plus I have to go to a family reunion." Y/n said as he leaned back on the couch. Lia smiled  sympathetically, knowing the feeling of a sudden rush of stress from debuting. Lia leaned her head to Y/n's shoulder.

"Well, it gets better. Thousands of fans loving you, sure some comments might get to you. But of course I know you're strong." Lia said as she played with Y/n's hand, Y/n closed his eyes, sighing slowly. His head was swirling in confusion, whether he should stop or not. His plan was crumbling at Lia's soft voice. "I'm happy you're meeting your family again, I'm proud of you Y/n." Lia said as she intertwined her fingers with Y/n's. Her hands felt so soft, her voice soothed his whole body, it was Lia's effect on Y/n that made Y/n let his guard down.

"Thank you noona..." Y/n said in a very small voice which made Lia look up at Y/n who has raised their head to look at Lia. "For being always there for me. I don't know how to thank you enough." Y/n continued with a smile. The passion in his tone seeped through, the warm tone he used was the one Lia was used to. Lia smiled widely at Y/n.

"No need to thank me, I like talking to you, whether its about me or you. Although you were not responding to the calls and texts kinda made me sad." Lia said as her cheeks flushed with a pink tint that spread through her face.

Y/n smiled at Lia, "I'm sorry. But Chan Hyung said something to me that kind of resonated in my head for all this time." Y/n said with a soft tone. "He said that I should just be friends with all of you. We both are rookies. We have standards to live up to, hefty schedules, and not to mention Dispatch." Y/n said ranting as Lia furrowed her eyebrows. "I guess I was thinking about it too much. How much stress dating would bring to any of you, it made me scared. I don't know how to feel about it." Y/n said as he looked down at their intertwined hands.

Lia sighed as Y/n turned to look at Lia. "I guess you're right. But who says we have to go outside to date? I'd be more than happy to date you secretly. With the agreement of having to see each other only in the company." Lia said hopefully as she tightened her grip on Y/n's hand, meeting eyes with Y/n. Y/n chuckled as he leaned his head back.

"You, ma'am, are a genius. But I can not risk you getting caught." Y/n said as he squeezed Lia's hand. Lia rolled her eyes and quickly let go of Y/n's hand to remove her purse and set it on the table. As soon as she laid the purse on the table she rolled over to Y/n, she sat on Y/n's lap and held Y/n's face in her hands. Her eyes were piercing through his soul as Y/n had smiled at her in return.

"Sorry, am I interrupting something?"

To be continued...