Chapter 89 - New Vocal Coach

Chameleons.

Y/n and Ryunjin were arguing about Chameleons. The two had been texting for 2 hours now, ever since they started Y/n and Ryujin had been arguing about random topics. Y/n was profusely typing on his cellphone, small giggles escaping his lips as he continued to argue. Ryujin looked calm from a far, but closer you could see her vein popping out of her skull along with her raised eyebrow. Y/n had been annoying Ryujin for days now. Either via text or calls, Y/n knew how to push Ryujin's buttons. And so he did, Ryujin was very passionate about animals, Y/n knew this. Y/n was wearing a widespread smirk on his face, this was one of Y/n's favorite hobbies. Annoying Ryujin was a passion for him, he liked Ryujin's reactions. Y/n let out a loud cackle, his phone screen displaying that a call was being made. By none other than Ryujin herself. Y/n thought of a plan to really piss of Ryujin. Y/n stared at his cellphone, the evil grin on his face growing. Y/n turned on airplane mode on his phone on the third ring and laughed into his pillow. Y/n stopped laughing a minute later, his stomach hurt as he tried to reclaim his breath.

Y/n wiped a tear off of his eye as he climbed down the ladder that connected the top and bottom beds. He was planning to ignore Ryujin for a whole day after annoying her. Y/n, instead, went on his merry way to his vocal training. Unfortunately, Mina couldn't personally train Y/n anymore, so she was replaced with another vocal coach. Y/n missed Mina, but he had to continue his training with or without her. Y/n had changed into decent clothes and had already entered the elevator. He took a look around with a smile on his face. A lot has occurred in this same elevator, it was a shame he was going to be leaving this building soon. JYP had received some noise complaints about the boys of Vortex and had finally decided on moving them to another dormitory. The dormitory was picked out by their managers and themselves, since both managers are going to be under the same roof as the boys of Vortex.

Y/n sighed as he walked out clutching his backpack in one hand, the other dug into his pocket. Y/n turned the corner, catching a glimpse of a certain figure. Though he caught a glimpse, he couldn't identify the figure,

Y/n shrugged this off as he wasn't quite sure what to make of what he saw. He then knocked on the door of the designated room. He entered slowly, poking his head through the crack before he entered and bowed to the woman. The woman sat upright, her eyes were staring at Y/n coldly. Her hands were folded atop each other as Y/n set down his bag. Her eyes were thoroughly observing each movement Y/n had made. Y/n then sat on the seat across from her, lifting his hand to shake hers. The woman glanced at Y/n's hand then back up to Y/n's eyes. Y/n grinned a bit, doing his best to be friendly as her eyes pierced his soul.

"Um, hi." Y/n said pulling his hand away as he smiled at her. "My name is Bang Y/n. Please take care of me." Y/n said bowing politely at her. The woman inhaled sharply as Y/n lifted his head from the bow.

"Mia, Gu Mia. I will be your new instructor from now on. Address me as Ma'am or Miss, either one works. We'll be starting where you and Mina left off, so I hope you are prepared." Mia said as she raised her hand, motioning for Y/n to kiss her knuckles. Y/n complied as he grabbed hold of her hand, placing a small peck on her knuckles. Mia lifted her eyebrows, shaking her head slightly at Y/n. She swirled on her chair facing the piano as her hands got in position to play. Y/n immediately stood up and rushed to be in front of the microphone as Mia started to play.

Unsurprisingly, Mia was brutally critical to Y/n. Every chance she got to criticize Y/n, she took. Y/n mostly stared at her, a Stoic face decorated his face as he listened intently. Y/n loved criticism, but the way Mia used it to put him down rubbed Y/n the wrong way. He, instead of making a scene, decided to let her do the talking. He admits that he didn't like the way she worded her sentences occasionally, but boy was he making progress. Sometimes her words were quite venomous and hurtful, but he understood that this was to better himself. He was quickly learning that his knowledge of his singing voice was quite amateur. After a few hours of alternating from singing to just doing high notes, Y/n's eyebrows furrowed as his voice was now raw. His throat felt like asphalt and whenever he had sung he felt sharp pains.

Mia glanced at Y/n, he was struggling to produce another E5 note. Mia sighed, raising her hand dismissively at Y/n who stopped his actions immediately. Y/n bit his lip as he's expecting Mia to blurt out another insultingly critical line or two.

"You're dismissed for today, train your self when you're at home. Remember, your breathing is the main focus for now." Mia said standing next to Y/n. Y/n craned his neck to make eye contact with her as he nodded slowly. Mia's hands wrapped her fingers around a file that rested against the piano, handing it to Y/n. "Study this."

"Yes Ma'am, have a good day." Y/n said grabbing the file and his bag, waving goodbye before he hurried out the room. Y/n closed the door behind him, a giggle fit exited his mouth. He was quite shocked Mia was that... short.

Y/n accidentally bumped into someone making them step back a bit. The file that was in Y/n's hands now lay on the floor. Y/n raised his hand with wide eyes. Their eyes meeting with the person. Y/n's eyes widened, his mouth opened to talk, but he closed his own mouth as the person stepped closer to Y/n. He stepped away slowly as the person walked forward. Y/n swallowed a wad of spit that had collected in his mouth. Ryujin raised her hand, pointing her finger at Y/n with her eyebrows furrowed. Y/n flinched as Ryujin opened her mouth.

"You!" Ryujin said, stepping closer to Y/n as her hand grabbed onto Y/n's ear lobe. A whine escaped Y/n's lips as Ryujin pulled his ear, her lips pursed as she watched winced in pain. "Why didn't you respond to my text?" Ryujin said, her hand letting Y/n's ear lobe escape from its grip.

Y/n swallowed shallowly as he looked away from Ryujin's gaze. Y/n glanced at Ryujin, making up a quick lie, "Well, I was told to turn off my phone. You see I have a new vocal coach. She didn't want me to get distracted." Y/n said doing his best to sound convincing enough. His hand pointed to the file on the floor.

"That's my homework, I dropped it." Y/n said picking up the folder and fixing it up. Ryujin stared at Y/n trying to read whether he was lying or not. Their eyes met, Ryujin was furrowing her eyebrows at Y/n as Y/n was biting his lip nervously.

Suddenly a voice spoke up.

"I never told you to turn off your phone."

To be continued...

I don't know why y'all still reading this but thank you!

I haven't been updating every other day because:

I swear I'm broke but for Hanji Zoe anything is possible