Chapter 58 - The White Dress

Y/n laid on his bed. His eyes glued onto the walls. Tears streaming down his cheeks, the tears falling into the bed sheets. His sobs were almost inaduble, his shoulders rising and dropping as he hugged his legs close to his chest. He was exhausted from crying his heart out silently. Slowly he was taken into the warm embrace of sleep. The strong grip he had on his knees loosened as he fell deeper and deeper into sleep. His hand falling onto the soft matress as soft breaths escaped his mouth.

Into the head of Y/n

The sunlight hit my eyes. I hated it shining in my face. I groaned and turned to my side doing my best to shield myself from the beams of light the sun produced almost everyday it was a tiring day, working at the farm. I felt a hand grip my wrist, their hand was very soft and tender. Their grip was loose but it was enough to get me to open my eyes.

"Hey, don't roll around on the grass you might kill some insects" a high pitched voice spoke out, it's her.

"Why do you even care about insects? I thought you were scared of them Ryu." I said sitting up. We sat at a field overseeing the thriving farm. The other boys ran around the fields, probably playing a game or two.
"I might be afraid of them but that doesn't mean you can just kill them."
Ryujin said as she pouted at me, she was stunning. The beautiful sunlight hitting her tan skin, her beautifully iconic short white dress that cascaded down to her knees, and her beautiful face that always illuminated with joy. She was an angel to me.
"Not with that attitude."
I said fixing my hair a bit and looking onto the field
"Yah don't be a jerk."
Ryujin said hitting my arm then sitting beside me before she layed her head on my shoulder
"I'm not being a jerk, I'm being honest. And like granny said, honesty is the best policy."
I said before holding onto her hand, seeing the small toy I gave her, it was a years ago. I don't know why she still wore it or how it still fit her but I was happy to see her cherishing my gift.
"Mhm, whatever jerk. What are you doing?"
Ryujin said as she looked at me while I played with the toy ring on her pinky finger.
"Why still wear this?"
I said turning my head to face hers, she had a smile that could light up anybody's day.
"It's from you. Of course I'll keep it with me."
Ryujin said while hugging my arm in a swift motion. This girl is always full of surprises, and always so beautiful.

I layed my head on hers as we looked onto the fields. Our best friends playing around near the rice fields and getting scolded by our granny. Her name was Joo So-hyun. She was the old lady that took me in. I was kicked out of my hotel room and I was walking around aimlessly. She saw me on the street with my baggage when I got to Korea and was roaming. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't old enough to get a hotel room, I didn't know where my brother was, and I didn't know if I had any relatives here. She took me in and we walked about a few miles from Seoul to wherever we are now. I forgot the name but So-hyun Ajumma was famous here. She took in some lost kids and let them stay with her as she tried her best to find their parents. She was a nice lady, but get on her bad side and you get buried alive. She was an incredible woman. Yet she was a widow. I always helped her whenever and whichever way I could. I told her I wasn't lost and my family were abroad but she took me in anyways. That was if I worked on her farm, I took care of the cattle, and some baby animals. Along with taking care of the carrots and cabbages. She also gave me a bit of salary which I was saving up for every year we have an annual festival. I was saving it for the games and food they might have there. Me and my aunt kept in contact and So-hyun met my aunt. They got along well. But I was thinking of taking Ryujin to the festival at the end of November. I know she would be excited for the food and games too.

"Oiii love birds! Stop with the hugging! And Y/n Granny said if you don't go and eat now you'd be cleaning the horses poop!"
Cheol-min said running across the field infront of us shouting. I dusted my but off and got up, I turned to Ryujin and extended my arm for her to take.
"Wow a gentleman."
Ryujin said as I pulled her up to her feet. She smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat.
"Only for you."
I said smiling back at her, she's always so beautiful. I don't know why but she is always so stunning. Whatever she does.
"Well you better get going, I don't want you to have poop all over you later."
Ryujin said smiling before pushing me slightly to the field infront of us.
"Yes ma'am. See you later Ryu!"
I said waving at her running down the hill. I looked back for a bit seeing her waving back at me as I sprinted to the farm. I reached the gate and waved back for the last time before rushing into the house. I opened the door seeing almost everyone sitting on the table. I rushed to my seat and awaited for Granny and Ho-jun to arrive. Granny put down the food infront of us and we all clapped at her. I grabbed my bowl of rice and chopsticks and got ready to eat. Ho-jun came bursting in through the door panting.
"Well, at least we know who is going to wash the dishes now don't we?"
Granny said with a laugh at the end which also made us laugh. Ho-jun took his seat beside me and I patted his back a bit. We ate and chatted as Granny clasped her hands loudly.
"Alright children. Ho-jun is going to be cleaning the dishes and the horse droppings, you all clean the floors then you can do whatever you want after, asking as you get back to the house before the sun sets."
Granny said smiling sweetly at us as Ho-jun sighed a bit. We all took our plates and laid them inside the sink and ran to the living room. We all took a broom each and started sweeping the house of any dirt. I started to sweep near the dining room and I looked out the window. My eyes landed on the small girl walking to the ranch. She wore a small white dress perfectly hugging her body, her hands intertwined against her front as she walked slowly. The sun was still setting, the beautiful orange and yellow gleams of light hit her skin, the light only made her shine even more. My heart skipped a beat Everytime she'd smile. That same beautiful pearl white dress haunted my mind once again. It's Ryujin, Again.

Y/n sat up, gasping for air. Drenched in sweat as he felt himself burning up. His heart beat pattering against his ribcage as he slowly swallowed his saliva. The feeling of dread and absence swallowed him. The heat radiating in his body was immense. Y/n then looked at his palms. His grandmother, that had used to live with him and his aunt, always told him 'Once you dream of the elegant beauty of someone, they're the one! That's what happened between me and you Grandfather.' in a soft voice right before he slept. Y/n's breathing calmed down, his heaving chest had calmed into a slow rhythm. Y/n closed his eyes and slowly laid back down on his bed trying not to wake Kyung-jae.

"Is she the one Granny?"

To be continued...