Chapter 27 - Laughter

(sorry if I update inconsistently, it's the sleep. I don't get any anymore. ANYWAYS, have a good day reading you beautiful humans. Mwah♥️🤙)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The laughs echoing throughout the room, the two figures laughed along with each other. They were both trying to catch their breaths as a stampede of joy coursed thought their bodies. They felt at piece with each other. Both had each other's back, they just felt safe with each other. As if the whole world disappeared and only they remained, floating int their own space. Y/n whispered into Chaeryeong's ear and they both laughed clutching onto their stomachs for dear life. They were sitting on the grey velvet sofa, wrapped in dark grey blankets as the TV kept playing a sitcom they decided to watch earlier on. The white walls decorated the room was plain, the grey and black combination of their furniture were boring, but the people occupying the space made the colors have meaning. They made the whole room lively in more ways than one. The laughter is one, the colors that the TV displayed was one, but the smiles on their faces lit up the room more than ever. They tried to keep their laughter down but they couldn't stop. The others who were sleeping had a hard time since the walls were no where near soundproof but also no where near paper thin. Y/n and Chaeryeong stopped laughing when they were wiping tears away from their eyes. The laughter died down when they got shushed by Kyung-jae who was half asleep. Y/n looked up to the sitcom playing giggling a bit before adverting his eyes to the person beside him. Chaeryeong and Y/n's eyes met and they both smiled at each other giggling a bit. "Thank you." Chaeryeong said leaning her head on Y/n's shoulder "For what?" Y/n asked as he got comfortable and grabbed the remote "For hanging out with me." Chaeryeong said messing with the blankets as she sighed contently, Y/n felt warm beside her "No need to thank me. It's great to take a break once in a while." Y/n said smiling a bit as he scrolled around on Netflix. Chaeryeong looked up to Y/n's face with a little smile, how did Y/n know instantly how she felt. As if Y/n knew whatever she felt by just her voice, Chaeryeong stared at Y/n with shock and admiration. Y/n turned his head to Chaeryeong and smiled before redirecting his gaze upon the Television as he used the remote on his right hand. Chaeryeong hooked her hand around Y/n's left arm and pressed her face against Y/n's shoulder while smiling ear to ear, Y/n looked down to Chaeryeong and tilted his head. Y/n shrugged it off as friends doing some skinship.

Chaeryeong kept falling in and out of sleep on Y/n shoulder as they watched an Anime on the TV. Y/n turned his head and saw that Chaeryeong was ready to fall asleep. "Noona, do you wanna sleep on my bed?" Y/n asked as he put down the remote and turning to Chaeryeong who had widened eyes "What do you mean? I don't want to sleep with you!" Chaeryeong said raising her voice a bit as she slapped Y/n's shoulder "No, I mean if you want to sleep on my bed. I'll sleep here." Y/n giggled a bit which made a pink tint appear on Chaeryeong's delicate porcelain cheeks "Oh..uh it's okay I could just walk home you know?" Chaeryeong said looking away a bit "Oh yeah, want me to walk you there? Incase you fall asleep mid-walk." Y/n said looking away as well as Chaeryeong's gaze snapped back to Y/n's face, Smirking, Chaeryeong said "Sure" while standing up. Chaeryeong grabbed her jacket and Y/n turned off the PlayStation 4 and walked beside Chaeryeong. Y/n closed the door behind him as Chaeryeong and Y/n didn't say a word, it was a comfortable silence. That was until Y/n knocked on the door and it slammed open with an Angry Yeji who was screaming about how late it was. That was until she saw Y/n who waved at her "I'm sorry she got home later than we thought, I didn't check the time. I'm sorry we worried you." Y/n said as he rubbed Chaeryeong's back before bowing his head at Yeji, "You," Yeji pointed at Chaeryeong "Go to sleep, and You." Yeji pointed at Y/n "We need to talk." Yeji said pointing her finger at Y/n angrily, Y/n hugged Chaeryeong goodnight before Y/n walked into the dorms and sat down.

"How may I help you?" Y/n said intertwining his hands together "You need to know that we are Idols Y/n. I get it you're friends, but please we need a good sleep as well." Yeji said sitting down across from Y/n "I know it must be a stressful job to be an Idol noona," Y/n said crossing his legs with his hands laid on his knees "But that is why I try to relieve some stress from Chaeryeong noona, I try to keep track of the time I swear. But I know your schedules, I know what I'm doing." Y/n said as he smiled a bit at Yeji "I know it must be hard to take care of a group Noona, but sometimes you have to let loose you know? It's bad to keep it all in." Y/n said with a smile as he explained "Oh I know, Y/n I know you're just trying to help but that doesn't mean you should let Chaeryeong get into an unhealthy sleep schedule, it's literally 4 in the morning." Yeji further pressed on "Noona, I know, and that is my mistake. I will do my best so that this does not happen again." Y/n said bowing his head at Yeji, "It must be hard. Taking care of 4 children huh?" Y/n said with a scoff "Hell yeah, they are a blessing at times but sometimes I just can't handle them all." Yeji said burying her face into her hands "Well, we all have our limits. It's fine to feel that way but know this, you are one of the best leaders I have ever known, you're doing great noona." Y/n said and smiled at nothing, "Thank you. You know you'd be a great psychiatrist." Yeji said laughing looking up at Y/n "I have been told that before, but I don't think I could be that professional. I always had the dream of making people smile when I'm on stage so I don't think being a psychiatrist who dances and sings to you would be effective." Y/n said shrugging his shoulders. Yeji and Y/n chatted, like normal. As if what had happened never happened. The conversation kept going with the two laughing a bit. But there was always an end to something, Y/n had to go and Yeji had to sleep. Yeji had waited all night for Chaeryeong while the others slept, sitting on the sofa. Y/n smiled at Yeji, "Noona, maybe we could hang out. I promise you will sleep before 11 pm." Y/n said with a smile. "Sure, maybe later?" Yeji asked with a giggle "Sounds good to me, see you at 5?" Y/n asked standing up with an eyebrow raised "Sure, see you soon." Yeji said hugging Y/n before he walked away. Yeji smiled a bit. She took the chance. It worked out. She took her chance and she finally got Y/n to notice her. Her smile grew as the thought of wrapping her arms around Y/n ran through her mind, her cheeks growing a dark pink tint. The scent of Y/n intoxicated her mind again and again as she layed her head down on the soft pillows, her smile never faltering in the process. She was intoxicated with the thoughts of Y/n, she had grown attached to this mysterious teen, she couldn't stop herself from his magnetic personality that pulls everybody in. Each word that came out of his mouth Yeji reminisced, the slight Aussie accent, the hoarse voice he had as he rubbed his eyes, clearly sleepy. Y/n kept running throughout Yeji's mind as Yeji's smile slowly decreasing in size, falling into the darkness. Slowly falling asleep, one person she had in mind kept their spot. Y/n was never falteringly attracting people into his life.

The cycle begins again.

To be continued...