Chapter 57 - Voices

The beaming light of the beautiful sun that was once there was covered by gray clouds as they hovered over the City of Seoul. The once clear skies filled with beautiful soaring birds was now filled with droplets of water pouring down. It was a gloomy day in Seoul, the atmosphere was very cold. Fog covered the streets as the hard rain came pouring down. The cars that once occupied the streets were gone and all that was left was a trail of oil now being carried away by the waved of water that came pouring in. The fog covering the illumination of the JYP building's sign. Currently, Y/n and the others are having their monthly checkup. Psychologists and a few doctors were testing the men's. The boys of Vortex arrived at the hospital a few hours before and we're waiting on the results of the tests. They waited in the waiting room with almost no one in sight except the receptionist and a few nurses passing by. The hospital was plain, it was one of the most prestigious hospitals in Korea but Y/n hated it. Y/n hated the dull white walls, alongside the plain white tiles on the floors accompanied by the signature white hospital doors. Barely any colour in sight made Y/n feel dull, it made him feel dehumanized. He didn't like hospitals, it was too plain for him to feel anything. Y/n sat on the green chair they were provided with, his foot tapping the ground with anxiety. Anxiety pooled in his stomach making him feel a bit lightheaded but he tried his best to get a hold of himself. He knew something might be wrong with him but he wasn't ready to hear it yet, but he was collecting all his courage to face whatever he was presented with. Finally their names were called and they walked into a room where all the doctors they met were in a single file line, all were holding clipboards.

"Good afternoon gentlemen, thank you for letting us assess you. Now shall we start with the oldest to youngest?" One of the doctors said as they bowed to the boys as they bowed back, everyone agreed and one doctor started talking. "You have a good routine with exercise but I have to ask you to lower your exercise to at least 4 times a week only. Your immune system is decreasing a bit because of excessive exercise." The woman said as she checked her clipboard as another woman started talking "Yes, you may some trouble with insomnia. I do agree in you taking a break once every week." The other doctor said smiling at Kyung-jae as Kyung-jae returned the smile. "Great, well now we have Tae-woo." The same woman said as she put down her clipboard "Tae-woo is suffering dehydration and a lack of Vitamin D. I suggest you get some cholecalciferol and drink more water. And you should get one day of bed rest." The doctor said as she flipped through her clipboard before connecting eyes with Tae-woo who nodded with furrowed eyebrows. "Next is Moon Min-kyu," One male doctor started "First of all, you have a Vitamin C and Vitamin B deficiency. I suggest you also take cholecalciferol and some Ascorbic acid or some Calcium ascorbate, anything to get your Vitamin C and Vitamin B levels higher." The male doctor started as he fixed his glasses, Tae-woo nodded at him and thanked him. "Next is Kang Jun-seo," another Male doctor stated fixing his jacket a bit "You're pretty healthy, although your blood pressure is a bit higher than it should be. I suggest lower your carbohydrates count a bit, a bit of a diet maybe. I hope you can decrease it a bit, for good measure." The man stated before giving Jun-seo a toothy smile, Jun-seo bowed at him and smiled in return. "Jun-seo I diagnose you with Anxiety, to be more specific, social anxiety disorder is what you suffer with. I will prescribe you with some Paroxitine and this will help you if you take it on the regular. But I need you to come to my office and have sessions with me so we can talk about how we can treat you." Another doctor said as he put wrote down on his clipboard. "Now, Last but not least, Bang Y/n." A female doctor stated "Y/n you are suffering with a bit of heart strain, from what I heard from you, you keep pushing yourself to the limits without thinking of the consequences or the toll this can take on your body. I am sorry but I have to tell you to take a week of bed rest." The doctor said apologetically to Y/n who furrowed his eyebrows nodding slowly. "Y/n I diagnose you with Posttraumatic Stress disorder or PTSD. From this  session I had with you I understand that you have gone through a lot of things and I would be more than willing to work with you every weekend to talk it out with you in my office." The doctor said hugging her clipboard close to her chest. Y/n looked to the ground and nodded slowly again. Y/n and the others were given prescription along with the addresses of the psychologist's offices and they walked down the white halls of the hospital. Y/n kept his head down as Jun-seo walked beside him slowly. They were both experiencing a different type of shock. Y/n's hatred for the white overall interior and exterior of the hospital were suppressed as his shoes tapped against the pearly whites tiles. The same stench that came from the hospital invaded his nose. The whole white walls felt so dehumanizing to him, and he didn't know why, and he knew he had to talk about this with his newly acquired psychologist.

Y/n and the others entered the Van of their manager as their other manager went to the pharmacy to get them their medication. It wasn't new to Y/n that he had mental problems, he didn't like it when someone points it out, let alone someone knowing about it entirely. He was no stranger to vulnerability but he didn't like it when basically a stranger knows about all his problems. Fusako opened the passenger seat with a plastic bag and stepped inside the van. Fusako grabbed each brown paper bag with their names and handed them to the boys of Vortex. "Damn, that's a lot of medication. You guys doing okay?" Hye-kyung asked with an eyebrow lifted looking at the rearview mirror. She met eyes with Y/n who had a deep glare directed at the back of her car seat "Y/n? You okay over there?" Hye-kyung asked a bit worried for him, Y/n nodded and averted his gaze into the glass beside his head, staring into the empty streets as the rain started to subside.

The anxiety in the pit of his stomach before had, by now, surged through his veins and through his entire system. He was keeping his calm but the same thoughts he once had came back. This always happened whenever someone tried to help him with his mental health. They always came back for him. The voices always came back.

To be continued...