Chapter 86 - Birthday boy

Although the last candle was not blown out, Yuna blew it for Y/n. Y/n's eyes met with Yuna's as she smiled at him, her smile was mesmerizing as she placed the cake down on the coffee table. Y/n's eyes locked on her as she took his hand and dragged him to sit at the center of the couch. Kyung-jae went to get drinks, Tae-woo went to set the table, Min-kyu went to help Jun-seo to grab the other sweets he baked. Y/n sat there with a huge grin as the girls were scrolling through Netflix trying to find a show to watch. Y/n stood up as he grabbed his bag that he had dropped and started walking to his shared bedroom. Y/n put the bag against the closet, Y/n lifted his shirt over his head as he wanted to change clothes. Unfortunately, he forgot to close the door. He only realized his mistake after grabbing a shirt from his bag. A gasp can be heard as Y/n turned around. Seeing Tae-woo grinning at him, Tae-woo was leaning against the door frame, whistling as Y/n power walked to Tae-woo. Tae-woo wiggled his eyebrows at Y/n, holding back his laugh. A crimson blush spread across his face as Tae-woo started to fan himself with a grin. 

"Wow, our Maknae is ripped." Tae-woo said as he flexed his own muscles in exaggeration.

"Shut up." Y/n said, suddenly pushing Tae-woo off the door frame as he slammed the door shut. A loud cackle bellowed on the other side of the door as Y/n continued on with changing.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

An hour later, Y/n and Yeji sat uncomfortably next to each other as they were sandwiched between Kyung-jae and Min-kyu. Y/n shifted a bit to lean on Kyung-jae so that  Yeji would have more room, and to distance himself from the woman a bit more. Y/n didn't hate Yeji, of course not. He just didn't feel comfortable being this close and compact to anybody. Y/n always enjoyed being beside Yeji but. Yeji side-eyed Y/n with a confused expression, she knew that Y/n and her weren't on good terms at the moment, but she felt like he didn't want her around. Y/n whispered something in Kyung-jae's ear as Yeji watched the two at the corner of her eyes. Her heart dropped when Y/n stood up. Y/n walked over to Chaeryeong and sat on the  floor next to her, greeting her in the process. Y/n got comfortable as he leaned against the wall and crossed his legs. Chaeryeong instantly clung to Y/n, a wide smile spread itself across her face. Y/n's face was tinted with different shades of crimson blush, the same wide smile spread across his face. Yeji bit her lip, she was a confused and hurt from Y/n's actions. Kyung-jae scooted closer to Yeji.

"Don't take it personally, noona." Kyung-jae whispered to Yeji with a kind smile. "He really just doesn't want to make you uncomfortable. Trust me, I know him like the back of my hand." Kyung-jae said, patting Yeji's back reassuringly. Yeji responded with a nod, biting her lip as she did her best to focus on the show. Kyung-jae took a quick glance at Y/n and grinned teasingly. Y/n felt Kyung-jae's eyes on him, so his eyes met Kyung-jae's. Y/n's face burnt up as his face was, yet again, glazed with different shades of crimson. Kyung-jae raised his eyebrows suggestively, his grin still wide. Y/n furrowed his eyebrows and looked away, but he jumped a bit. Unexpectedly, Y/n met eyes with Chaeryeong who was staring at Y/n. Chaeryeong blushed a deep red and looked the other way. Y/n bit his lip, he was not expecting a flushed Chaeryeong would be so... Adorable. A slight giggle/scoff exited Y/n's mouth as he was now staring at Chaeryeong's side profile with an intent stare. His arm pulled Chaeryeong closer as he decided to unlink their arms, Y/n slung his arm around Chaeryeong's shoulders. Y/n's gaze softened when Chaeryeong finally met his gaze, an evident blush spread across their faces.

"Is this alright?" Y/n whispered, smiling widely. He was a bit nervous, and his heart rate was quickening as the mere sight of Chaeryeong made him nervous.

"Yeah, I like it." Chaeryeong said, leaning against Y/n's body as she snuggled closer to Y/n. Hiding her face in the process. A gleaming smile brought itself to Chaeryeong's face as she heard Y/n's heartbeat.