Chapter 62 - Birthday

After Lia's Birthday VLive

Y/n and the others waited infront of the elevator, a plate of muffins and other baked goods in a basket in hand as they awaited ITZY's arrival. Ryujin texted Y/n while the elevator lowered to the familiar hall. Y/n anticipated their arrival, Y/n had decided to also collect his courage and yet again talk to Lia and apologize about how he was acting. That was what he was planning, that he and Lia could privately talk alone. The metal doors opened and revealed 7 people stood inside the elevator. "Happy Birthday Lia Sunbaenim!" Vortex said United as Y/n clapped along, The ITZY girls walked out thanking the men as they handed the girls the baked goods and celebrated Lia's birthday as they walked towards the ITZY dorms. Yeji unlocked the door and all the boys walked in first setting down the food they had prepared. A man walked into the dorms, "Yeji? Who are they?" The man said crossing his arms "Oh them? They're good friends of ours, they live right next door." Yeji said to the man as Y/n and the others bowed to the man formally "Hello sir, how are you doing?" Y/n said with a small smile decorating his lips "Why are you here?" The man replied with a harsh tone lacing his words, "We were invited to celebrate Lia Sunbaenim's birthday, how about you sir?" Y/n asked the man who just chuckled "I'm their manager." The man said furrowing his eyebrows at Y/n. Y/n walked towards the man and gave him a smile "Well it's a pleasure to meet your sir." Y/n said offering his hand which the man shook with a death grip "Likewise." The man said releasing Y/n's hand and sitting down on the couch, resting both his arms on  the backrest of the couch. Y/n stared at the man for a bit and watched his demeanor with an emotionless mask, he was observing the man. Y/n looked over to Yeji who was biting her lip with a worried look on her face, Y/n raised his eyebrow at her. Yeji speed walked to Y/n and dragged him to the kitchen "I'm sorry about him, he must have had a rough day. I promise he can be a really good person." Yeji said as she let go of Y/n's hand "I don't know Yeji, he gives me a bad vibe. But I'll take your word on it." Y/n said truthfully with a small frown "I'm sorry but I can't fire him, if you want I can tell him to leave?" Yeji said with a sympathetic expression "No, I'll be fine. I'll just be taking my leave, if he gives you any trouble just scream, I can hear that shit from my fucking bathroom." Y/n said tapping Yeji's shoulder before walking out the kitchen.

Lia and the other girls sat near the man as he smirked at Y/n who had a small smile decorating his lips. Y/n met eyes with Kyung-jae and Tae-woo who were leaning on the wall conversing with the others "Hey, can you two look over the girls? I have a bad vibe about the guy. Also I'm gonna take a walk." Y/n whispered to them with a small smile, Y/n had a bad gut feeling about this man, so much so it made his sort of sick. Y/n turned to the others and smiled widely, "Hey guys, I'm really not feeling quite well, I'll just take a walk and I'll be right back. I'll even buy some drinks if you guys want?" Y/n said with a small smile covering his rugged breath "Root beer for me" the man said lifting his hand "Okay root beer, anything else?" Y/n said with a sigh, Lia raised her hand "Can I come with you? I need some fresh air too." She said with hopeful eyes, "What? No! You're the birthday girl, if you leave what would we do?" The man said objecting with her idea "That's not my problem, and I think you should start with all this food." Lia said pointing to the food before turning back to Y/n. "Sure, get a mask and some glasses then sunbae." Y/n said before fixing his mask and grabbing his sunglasses that hung on his shirt. Lia came back with a hoodie and a mask covering her face. Y/n let Lia say goodbye first before they both walked out of the dormatory.

Y/n and Lia walked along the pavement in silence as Y/n kept stealing glances at Lia. "Look, Lia." Y/n said turning to her and stopping her in her tracks "I just wanted to say I am so sorry for avoiding you, I know you think of me as some sort of player or a man white or whatever but I truly liked you." Y/n said staring into her eyes "Stupid Y/n. I know that, I liked you too. But the thought of you liking the other girls who I treat like my sister's just shocked me. I'm sorry for cussing you out that day." Lia said chuckling to herself "You shouldn't say sorry, it was how you felt and I get that. I'm sorry that I dropped all of that on you without even preparing you for the outcome." Y/n said his voice cracking a bit, Lia looked up to him as he looked straight down to his shoes "I was stupid and I still am, I really know nothing about all this dating stuff really. I've seen movies, I've seen shows, I've even watched the bachelor for fuck sakes. But for some reason I still haven't learned a goddamn thing." Y/n said, his voice once again cracking as he looked up a bit "Can you forgive this dumbass?" Y/n said his eyes connecting with Lia's "Yes, of course." Lia laughed out before she buried her face into Y/n's chest laughing a bit more. "You're still a dummy." Lia murmured into Y/n's chest "I know." Y/n said laughing along with Lia. Their mixed laughter echoed through the barren street, making its way through the cold night. "Hey, we still need to get your Manager's root beer you know?" Y/n said tapping Lia's back with his hand that was resting on Lia's lower back "Yeah, this has been genuinely a great birthday. Thanks Y/n" Lia said looking up to Y/n before she unlatched herself and walked away "Hey, don't leave me here." Y/n said jogging towards Lia. They both walked in the cold night. Jackets wrapping their bodies as they conversed the way to a convenience store. They both walked side by side on the dark pavement that led to the convenience store with a smile decorating their lips.

At the end of the night, as the sun was rising Y/n and Lia still were sat at their beds. The only illumination that existed to them was their cellphone's luminescent screens as they both conversed yet again.

To be continued...