Different worlds; J.JK

Requested by @s00WHA7 (it wouldn't let me tag you?)

"I saw the tabloids." You commented dryly as you tied Jungkook's tie, no expression on your face. The way Jungkook's eye twitched slightly told you that he was shocked at your words but that was it, his face not giving away what he was feeling. That had become the norm, the both of you keeping your feelings to yourselves instead of sharing as you once had.

"Which ones would you be referring to exactly? I've been in plenty of tabloids this week so you'll have to be more specific." He replied, the muscles in his jaw clenching momentarily. You chose to finish your work on his tie before speaking.

"The ones of you and Byuul-ah, the vocalist of that girl group that's been gaining popularity recently."

"Is that so?"

You glanced at him shortly through the reflection of the mirror as he had turned his back to you. One of his brows was arched slightly in question as he stopped doing his cuff links for a second.

"Yes, I wanted to know if there was something going on between the two of you, that's all." You hummed lightly, taking a second to adjust your necklace so that the pendant was the right way.

"Don't ask questions you already know the answer to Y/n, I wouldn't do such a thing. Don't you trust me?" He questioned, turning to face you with a frown having forced its way into his handsome features. You shrugged softly, not meeting his gaze as you tucked a few stray hairs into the ponytail Jungkook's hairstylist had raked your hair into.

Staring at yourself in the mirror, you couldn't help but be saddened by what you saw. The jewels and the expensive material didn't suit you and the flawless makeup made you feel fake. Deep down you knew that Jungkook's extravagant lifestyle just wasn't for you.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Jungkook asked, eyes wide in offence at your unsure answer. It was hard to look at him but you forced yourself to.

"I mean, I don't believe that you're just hanging out with her because you're friends. Call me paranoid but I feel like there's more to the story than that." You explained. It was almost laughable, the way Jungkook froze for a second before he was back to his almost bored expression.

"Do we really have to do this right now? We have to leave for the event soon and I don't want things to be tense between us. The media lap this stuff up." Jungkook sighed, closing his eyes for a short while before opening them again. You returned the sigh, letting your posture slump and your shoulders sag. The exhaustion of keeping up the sophisticated act took a real toll on your body.

"I hate this stuff yet you still make me accompany you." You complain quietly, rubbing your hands up and down your arms as you had begun to shiver due to your skin being exposed. The dresses that you wore to the events weren't something you were comfortable in but Jungkook insisted, seeing as it was what every other woman seemed to wear.

"This stuff is just routine and it's all I ask of you, please don't make a big deal out of things. Now, come, we have to leave now if we want to arrive at a suitable time." Jungkook told you, button his blazer and grabbing your purse for you. You straightened back up and took a deep breath, schooling your body to Jungkook's expectations.

"Thank you." You mumbled softly as you retrieved your purse from Jungkook, beginning to make your way out of the room.

"Y/n." Jungkook called out just before you exited, stopping you in your tracks.

"Yes, Jungkook?"

"Please don't embarrass me tonight, remember what we talked about."

You simply nodded making your way down the stairs, paying to attention to Jungkook's heavy sigh.