Exposed Ex; P.JM

Vote, Comment and Share!

You awkwardly sat across from your ex and his parents as they laughed and joked about the past. The urge to punch your ex had  quickly become unbearable as you clenched your hands into fists under the table, wanting to remain civil.

No matter what you focused on, the memories of the horrible thing that your ex made you endure sprung into your mind causing you to shiver. Abuse, verbal degrading and just mind games that lasted for months and broke you down until you had nothing left. You had hoped that you would never see him again but here you were, having dinner with him.

Your new boyfriend Jimin's hand was firmly placed on your thigh and whenever your ex looked at you or tried to make conversation his hand would tighten its grip a little. It was his way of keeping calm, refraining himself for leaning over the table and choking your ex to death. You had told Jimin who he was prior to the dinner and he had been horrified and comforting.

You wouldn't say much to your ex when he asked you things, either giving him a polite yes or no as you didn't want to engage in conversation with him. Why would you need to make conversation with him after everything that he had done to you?

Suddenly, your ex's parents began to talk about how "nice and polite" their son is, bragging about his charity work. The irony was comical to you. The loud scoff that escaped Jimin's lips before he could stop it caused everyone to snap their heads his way, shocked that he had finally piped up.

"yeah totally. He definitely didn't treat Y/n like shit throughout the whole relationship." He mumbled sarcastically but loud enough so everyone heard it. Your ex's face went bright red, as did his parents'. The didn't know about the events that occurred due to your relationship as you didn't want them to know what a monster their son was.

Your parents however, were smiling proudly, loving that their daughter had found a man that wasn't scared to defend their daughter. It was everything that they had ever wanted for you and they knew that you were safe and protected as long as you were with him.