Edolas

Shana's P.O.V

"Edolas?" Natsu questioned Carla as she was just explaining about what's going on right now. Seeing how everything and everyone in Magnolia were gone. She also mentioned that she and Happy are from this 'Edolas' place. "That's correct. A world that exists, independently form the one we know. An unfortunately, a world that's begun losing it's magic." Carla explained having her back turn to us. 

"They're running out of magic there?" Wendy asked her. "What do you mean by that?" Natsu asked her not getting it. I'm kinda confused as well. "How is that possible?" Happy also asked. "Unlike here, in Edolas, Magic is a finite resource with out limits on it's use, it will one day disappear forever." Carla said. 

I position my head back a bit. "Okay, but what those our land have to with any of this?" I asked her. " In an attempt to restore their rapidly diminishing magic power reserves, the king of Edolas developed a spell that would absorb it from another world, our world. It is a very powerful spell indeed. He called it Anima. That is what opened the hole in the sky." Carla told us.  

"So, that's it." Wendy mutters to herself. 

"Six years ago, they began setting up Anima vortices all along the barrier between our worlds

"Six years ago, they began setting up Anima vortices all along the barrier between our worlds. But the experiment did not go as they planned. It seemed someone had it their goal to close them, one by one." Carla told us. "So, if they were all closed then, they wouldn't be able to suck up the magic from our world?" Alastor questioned her. This was all feeling a bit eerie about this "Yes. But this Anima was simply too large. No one was strong enough to close it. And thus, the guild and everything surrounded it was absorbed." Carla continued. 

"Why would they go after Fairy Tail like that?"Natsu questioned. I titled my head to him. "My guess would be, because they must've think we had lots of magic power considering the strongest wizards we have." I gave him my thought. "Shana's right. To provide more magic power to those in Edolas." Carla added. "So they chose Fairy Tail because it has a lot of top class wizards? Because there was more power to take?" Wendy repeated what I said. "Hmm. It would make the most sense." Alastor said. 

"That's correct." Carla responded. "I can't believe it. That's seriously selfish move. You better give us back our friends right now!" Natsu shouted at the sky. Nothing but lighting crackling was heard. I sweat dropped. "Yeah, like they would hear you." I deadpanned. "Whoa!" He mutters stepping back. 

"You mean it, Carla? This happened because of you and me? It's our fault?" Happy asked not believing in what Carla was telling us. "Indirectly, yes." Carla said. "What do you mean by 'indirectly?' " Alastor questioned.   "The King entrusted us to complete another mission entirely. Something that was totally independently from the one involving Anima and magic power absorption. " Carla replied. 

"But that doesn't make any sense! How can that be when you were born in this world? Hatched out of an Egg." Wendy argued.  "Come to thing about it, Natsu, you found Happy's Egg randomly in a forest, right?" I questioned the pink dragon slayer. He gasped turning to me. "Yeah. It was me that found him!" He said giving a look to Carla. "Indeed we were. To be perfectly honest, I myself, have never personally set foot in Edolas. I was born in this world and have spent my entire life here. It's exactly as Wendy said." Carla admitted. So then how... " But we were imprinted with this knowledge. The details of our mission and Edolas are apart of what makes up our very being. He and I were born to carry out this mission, for our kingdom. So why... why don't you know the first thing about it?" Carla glared at Happy pointing a finger at him.