Kidnapped pt 2

part 2

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Harley couldn't run with Peter in his arms, as light as the brunette was, he just didn't have enough strength. He settled for a speed walk, but quickly realized he had no idea which way to go. They were on the side of a road, surrounded by woods on every side. The blond frowned. They couldn't have been close to the city, it was too quiet. Which meant Harley couldn't carry Peter back.

The taller boy squatted down, carefully laying the brunette on the ground. Harley glanced over Peter's wrecked body in the daylight, the twisted and bloody limbs of his boyfriend bringing tears to his eyes. The smaller boy took short, wheezing breaths, his chest rising and falling unevenly. It worried the blond boy, but there wasn't anything he could do.

He sat on the side of the road, watching both Peter and the road. After an hour or two, the brunette stirred, groaning and squirming. His eyes were still clamped shut, though.

"No..." Peter whimpered, scrunching up his face and curling in on himself. "No... don't hurt him..." Harley slowly placed a gentle hand on the boy's arm, trying to anchor him. He wasn't expecting the violent flinch from the half-conscious teen.

"Peter, darlin', it's me," Harley said softly. His heart cried out at the sight of the broken boy in front of him.

"... Harls?" Peter questioned, his voice rough and scratchy. The blond breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah sweetheart, it's me." Two frightened doe eyes blinked up at him, one swollen almost all the way shut. Harley smiled down at the smaller boy. "Well hello there sleepyhead, nice to see those beautiful eyes again."

"Harls!" Peter cried, his voice cracking like he was on the verge of tears. "Are you ok? Did they hurt you?" He questioned worriedly.

"I'm ok, darlin', they didn't touch me." Peter nodded, closing his eyes.

"Why is it so bright in here?" The brunette wondered, grimacing. Harley felt his heart drop.

"Sweetheart... we escaped, remember? We're outside." The taller boy felt tears prick at his eyes. "You're going to be ok. Everything is going to be ok." He stared down sadly at the broken boy in front of him.

"Harls... car..." Peter mumbled. Harley's head shot up, eyes searching for the car. He spotted it, a dirty pickup truck driving down the road. The blond boy jumped to his feet, ready to catch the attention of the driver.

"HEY! HEY! OVER HERE!" He yelled, waving his arms around madly. The truck slowed down, the driver looking curiously at Harley. He must've been quite a sight, with little stains of Peter's blood on his dirty t-shirt.

"Hey, hi, do you know the way to New York City?" The man nodded, gesturing in the direction he came from.

"Yeah man, it's back that way. What brings you to this neck of the woods?"

"It's a long story. Do you have a phone I could borrow? I need to make a call. It's a matter of life or death," Harley bit his lip. The man produced a phone, offering it to Harley. "Thank you, thank you so much sir." Harley racked his brain trying to remember Tony's phone number. He walked over to where Peter was, bending down.

"Hey darlin'. Do you know Tony's phone number?"

"Mr Star'?" Harley frowned.

"Yeah Pete, Mr Stark. Do you know his number?" Peter nodded.

"315, 555, um... 5280," he stated. Harley punched in the number, holding the phone up to his ear anxiously.

"This is the one and only Tony Stark, drop this number." Harley groaned. He waited for the beep, and began his message.

"Tony, it's Harley. Peter is hurt, bad. We're somewhere in the woods on the side of a road, and we really need yo-"

"Harley!?" Tony asked incredulously, after finally answering the phone. Harley let out a cry of relief.

"Please, Tony, he's really hurt..."

"I'm tracking your location now, I'll be there soon. Don't go anywhere," Tony instructed.

"Ok..." The line went dead. Harley let out a sob, a combination of fear and relief. He placed a gentle hand over Peter's once-again limp body, letting tears spill from his eyes. They left clean streaks down Harley's cheeks, his skin dirty from being trapped in the building for who knows how long.

Before long, Harley heard the familiar sound of Iron Man's suit, the billionaire landing nearby to get Harley and Peter to safety. The blond handed the phone back to the man, uttering a quiet "thank you" before heading back to Peter's side.

"Harley," Tony called, throwing a small bracelet at the blond teen. He smiled weakly, activating the Iron Lad suit around him. Tony scooped Peter up, and took off, Harley following close behind. They flew to Avengers Tower, where Peter and Harley were both immediately brought to the med bay.

"No, I'm fine, they didn't hurt me," Harley insisted, trying to get more doctors focused on helping Peter. "I just need a shower, I'm ok, really." They let him go, but not before making him promise to come back later for a full examination. Harley went to the shower, washing of all the dirt and grime from his time in captivity. Once he emerged, he joined Tony in waiting for news about Peter.

"How- how long were we gone?" He asked quietly.

"Almost four days," Tony answered, a dark look overtaking his features. "I thought... I thought you two were dead... we couldn't find you anywhere..." Harley stayed quiet after that. The two of them waited in silence for news on Peter's condition.

"Tony, Harley," Bruce greeted. Both of them jumped to their feet, anxiously awaiting the news. "He suffered several broken bones in his left arm, a twisted ankle, and a moderate concussion. Not to mention severe dehydration and malnourishment. He's still unconscious, but is stable enough to be seen by one of you." Harley looked pleadingly at Tony, who nodded with a small smile.

Harley took a deep breath, and walked into Peter's room. The brunette looked so small in the hospital bed, with all the tubes attached to him. His arm was in a big baby blue cast, and his head had bandages wrapped around it. Harley pulled a chair up to Peter's side, awkwardly grabbing on to Peter's uninjured hand.

He had been sitting by Peter's side for about an hour when he felt it. It was weak, but still there. Harley gave his hand a small squeeze, reassuring the smaller boy.

"Harls?" Peter mumbled, eyes open just enough to look at the blond boy.

"You're ok, darlin'," Harley smiled. "We're ok." Peter breathed a sigh of relief, closing his eyes again.

"Cuddles?" He asked hopefully. Harley grinned, climbing into the small bed next to Peter. He curled himself around the brunette, his little spoon. Harley draped an arm over Peter protectively, being careful not to hurt the boy.

"I thought you'd never ask."

Requests?