Donuts

Request by Kathy1r 

Random fact: I can ski, years ago I went straight down a hill, hit a short fence, and flipped face first into a snow bank :)

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Hey darlin'."

"Hey Harls." Peter was sitting on the couch, watching tv. Most of the Avengers were in the room, either watching tv with Peter or on their phones.

"Your hair looks nice," Harley commented. Peter snorted, giggling.

"My hair is a mess!"

"It's cute." At this point, all the Avengers were paying attention, listening as Peter was being completely oblivious.

"You think-?" Peter chuckled awkwardly. "Thanks."

" 'Course, darlin'." Harley seemed frustrated, but he was good at hiding it. "What are you watching?" Peter's eyes lit up, a big smile on his face.

"It's called the Umbrella Academy! It's about these seven adopted siblings..." Harley listened while Peter rambled on about the show, watching the smaller boy as he talked. "...and Klaus started a cult!" Peter pointed to the tv, showing a large group of people with the words " hello" and "goodbye" tattooed on their palms.

"Oh wow, that's... that's pretty crazy," Harley noted. Peter nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah! I'm halfway though season two." Harley nodded slowly, looking away for a minute.

"That's a lot of tv... would you maybe want to take a break and go to the new cafe down the street? I heard they have homemade donuts," Harley suggested. Peter shrugged, eyes still focused on the tv.

"Maybe another time, Harls. Have fun though!" The southern boy deflated, mumbling a quiet "ok" and walking away. The Avengers exchanged glances. They hated seeing Harley sad. They all stood up, walking to the kitchen to discuss. Peter stayed on the couch, watching the Umbrella Academy.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Tony questioned, receiving a chorus of nods. "Ok. We need a plan. Here's what we're going to do."

"Alright, does everyone understand?" More nods. "Good. Ready? Break." Tony and Bruce left to do their part, while Steve made a call. Clint and Nat picked out an outfit for each boy, hanging them on both doors.

"Hey, Peter, didn't you want to discuss advanced chemistry with me?" Bruce questioned. The brunette looked up, nodding. "Great! I'll meet you at the corner of 23rd and 49th in 15 minutes!" Before Peter could object, Bruce left, off to "get ready." He had done his part, now it was up to everyone else.

Peter sighed, pausing his episode and heading to his room. Hanging on his door was a formal jacket and a pair of black dress pants. He shrugged, grabbing them and getting dressed. He adjusted the red bowtie, running a hand through his hair. This all felt strange, but he should be used to strange by now.

Sighing, Peter brushed his teeth, washing his face. He stared at his reflection in the mirror, nodding. He looked ready to go. The brunette grabbed his phone, leaving the tower to walk down the street. He stopped at the corner, checking the time. Bruce was nowhere in sight, even though this was the time they were supposed to meet.

Peter walked into the building on the corner, immediately hit with the sweet scent of pastries. Bruce wasn't inside the cafe either, but Harley was, sitting at the corner table. He had a donut in his hand, and was munching on it, lost in thought. Peter ordered a hot chocolate at the desk, looking back over at Harley in the corner.

"Actually, could I have a coffee too? Extra milk." He kept glancing back at the blond, sitting alone. The whole cafe was empty, except for the waitress, Harley, and Peter. "Thanks." The brunette carried both beverages over to Harley's table, pushing the coffee toward the southern boy. "Hey."

"Oh, hey darlin', what are you doing here?" Harley wondered, taking a sip of his coffee. A smile spread across his face, realizing Peter knew his coffee order.

"I'm supposed to be meeting Mister Bruce, why are you here?"

"I'm supposed to be meeting Tony here." Harley furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"A setup? Yeah." Harley let out a soft laugh.

"Well then, darlin', since you're already here..." Harley took a deep breath, collecting himself. "Will you go out with me?" A grin spread across Peter's face.

"Yes, of course I will!" His smile faltered for a moment, realization flashing across his face. "Wait, were you trying to ask me out this morning!?" Harley nodded. The brunette face palmed, shaking his head. "How did I not realize...?"

"You're pretty oblivious," Harley laughed. "It's ok. We're here now."

"Right. How are the donuts?"

"Really amazing. Here, have some." Harley held out his half eaten donut, offering some to Peter. The smaller boy laughed, taking a bite of the donut.

"Oh, wow."

"Right? It's really good." Harley handed the rest of the donut to Peter, watching the brunette happily. They were both laughing and grinning, having a good time. They locked eyes, staring at each other nervously.

"Can I-"

"Just kiss me already." Harley wasted no time, leaning over the table to lock lips with Peter, both boys melting into the kiss.

"Woah."

Hey y'all should go read "Would You Miss Me?" and "Heat" while you wait for me to upload everything

Requests?