<Exception>

literally what is this aghh sorry???

I'm a programmer and this is what I do for work so uhhh yeah here hope this is legible

there's a lot of language in this and that's because coding fills me with a unique type of rage that eventually brought me to writing this oneshot

Peter groaned, laying his head on his desk. He had been hard at work trying to fix this one bug for two days now, and he still had no luck.

"What happened?" Harley, his coworker, asked, leaning back in his office chair to look around the cubicle wall. Harley was a newer addition to the office, but he seemed to fit in better than Peter, despite the fact that the latter had been working at this company for a year longer than the blond had.

"Bug," Peter grumbled, not even bothering to pick his head up off the desk.

"Oh..." Harley hummed, nodding sympathetically. "Can I take a look? Two eyes are better than one."

"I have two eyes," Peter replied, picking his head up with a small smirk. "You mean two sets of eyes are better than one?"

"Uh-" Harley blushed lightly, embarrassed. "Yeah. You're right. Can I look at the bug?"

"Knock yourself out," Peter offered, pushing his chair to the side so that Harley could roll his chair into the cubicle. The blond stared at the program, frowning as he tried to run it.

"It runs fine, what's the issue- oh." The program suddenly crashed, an exception blaring red on the screen. "What? How even-"

"I know," Peter interrupted. "It doesn't make sense." He grabbed the Redbull on his desk, taking a generous sip. "I've been working on this one bug for two days now. I still can't even figure out where it's coming from."

"Did you forget a semicolon?"

"It wouldn't even build if I did," Peter murmured, sighing. "But it does build, and it runs fine for about 5 seconds before suddenly crashing. It wasn't doing this before so I'm not sure where it came from."

"Okay... well, it says it's a NotFound exception... so something might be missing?"

"Oh, let's check the variable names. That file there, check the spelling!" Peter exclaimed, eyes widening as he quickly glanced over the code file. The excitement quickly faded as he realized there was no spelling error.

"So weird..."

"Tell me about it," Peter grumbled, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair.

"Okay, no, we're going to find and fix this bug. Any other ideas?"

Peter and Harley spent the rest of their shifts pouring over every detail of the program, editing small things here and there in hopes of fixing the bug.

"How!? Literally how!?" Harley exclaimed, raising his arms and gesturing angrily at the computer.

"What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck." Peter shook his head, leaning back in his chair and staring up at the ceiling while repeating the phrase over and over again. "What the fuck."

"This is... so annoying," Harley huffed, eyebrows furrowed. "And it's nearly quittin' time." He stood up quickly, rolling his chair back with the force. "Fuck this. I'm going home."

"You and me both," Peter agreed, logging off his computer and standing up as well. "You working tomorrow?"

"9 to 5, baby," Harley remarked, throwing up tired finger guns at Peter. "Unfortunately."

"Relatable. See ya."

The two went their separate ways for the night, preparing to return to the issue tomorrow.