Blue Gills

Request by chenrmg

HI SORRY I TOOK SO LONG MY BAD

also... this request was really vague so I hope this is good enough

I've been working on this one for like... 2 weeks. Deadass. Wrote more than half of it today lmao

TW: small mention of blood, needles

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter torpedoed through the water, tail flicking back and forth at lightning speeds. He laughed to himself, leaping out of the water gracefully before diving back under. His cherry-red scales sparkled and shone under the bright sun, reflecting small patterns on random rocks and ocean debris.

With a satisfied sigh, the young siren climbed up onto a rock to lay under the sun's heated waves. He flicked his tail contently, falling asleep on the rock.

This was particularly dangerous for two reasons: he was out of siren territory, and Peter was a rare type of siren. His red tail clashed beautifully with his blue-scaled gills, with a short, purple-hued fin tracing his spine and matching ones on each arm. Yes, Peter was truly a rare breed, and that was just in his coloring. He also stood out due to the fact that he was a male siren, which was extremely uncommon.

So, for Peter to be a male, rare-colored siren taking a nap in plain view was... less than ideal. Especially with all the hunters that came searching for the siren colonies.

But that day, Peter got lucky with who found him. Even if that luck came with a price.

~

Harley whistled mindlessly, tapping the guardrail of the fishing boat he had rented. Suddenly, a reflection hit him right in the eyes, making him squint and search for the source of it. He gasped when he saw the figure laying on a rock, quickly alerting the driver to slow down and head in the direction of it cautiously.

The boat approached the rock, crawling at a snail's pace as they got closer to the strange creature sunning itself. The boat slowed to a stop, idling in place as Harley tied the creature up and brought it into the boat. It stirred, groaning and trying to rub it's eyes before the rope pulled tight and stopped him in place.

"Wha-!" Harley backed up a bit as the creature struggled against it's restraints. "Oh my Neptune, I'm so stupid, please sir I don't want to die!" It cried. Harley frowned, tilting his head.

"What are you?" He asked, completely disregarding the creature's words.

"I'm a siren..." It mumbled, trying to flap his long red tail. Harley pulled out a notebook, writing something down.

"Really? I've never heard of a male siren before," he commented skeptically.

"Ok, then what the fuck else would I be?"

"Wow, someone's sassy!" The siren just rolled his eyes in response. "I'm Harley. And I'm not going to kill you."

"Thank Neptune," he sighed. "I'm Peter. Are you going to let me go then, or...?" Harley smiled sheepishly, shaking his head.