You Were Right

Request by Stuckyandbrutasha 

Im trying to write more evenly but school is not making that easy

I currently have an ulcer caused by stress and vitamin deficiencies so that's fun

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"No!" Peter exclaimed, shaking his head. "Harls, we can't..."

"Why not? What do we have to lose?" Peter gave Harley an incredulous look.

"'What do we have to lose?' Are you serious? We could lose everything!" The brunette sighed, shoulders slumping. "Please. It's not worth the risk. There's too much at stake." Harley's head bowed, a soft sigh escaping his lips.

"Fine." He pulled away from Peter, huffing. The smaller boy had fear and hurt in his pretty brown eyes, and Harley was trying not to give in to his boyfriend so easily.

"Harls..." Peter murmured, voice quivering slightly. The blond frowned, pulling Peter into a hug.

"Darlin', I'm not mad at you, I just don't think it'll be that big of a deal. They all love you so much, I hope they like me too, so why would they be against the idea of... us?"

Harley and Peter had been dating for a few months now, and they had kept it between them. Nobody else knew- although Ned and MJ certainly suspected something. However, it wasn't coming out to their friends that Peter was scared about, oh no. He was afraid of the reaction they would get from the Avengers- which, with the exception of Peter's Aunt May, were the only family he had left. Rejection from them would sting worse than salt in an open wound.

But Harley was convinced that the stakes were as low as ever. The way he saw it, never in a million years would the Avengers be homophobic, and even if they were- they would never be mad at Peter- or Harley- for loving who they love. Harley thought telling them would allow him and Peter to be more open and free.

It had been the couple's main source of disagreement over the past few months, and Harley's patience was wearing thin. He loved Peter, but he hated not being able to express that openly. Harley liked to show his affection, whether it was through a whispered "I love you" or a quick peck on the cheek. And his thought was that being out as boyfriends would allow him to do that, to shower Peter in love and attention at all odd hours of the day.

"I don't want to risk it. I'm sorry," Peter sighed, leaning into Harley's chest and sniffling softly. He always got upset whenever they would talk about this.

"It's ok, darlin'." Harley didn't love these talks either, he hated seeing his boyfriend upset. But he wanted to finally come out to everyone about their relationship. He didn't want to be a secret, he wanted to show Peter off, he wanted to be shown off, he wanted to love in public. But Peter was afraid of how the Avengers would react, and Harley didn't want to pressure Peter into it. As much as he wanted to be out, it wasn't his decision to make alone. Both of them needed to agree.

"I'm sorry..."

"Stop apologizing, alright? It's ok," Harley assured. "Why don't we lie down for a few minutes and cuddle?" Peter nodded, him and Harley laying down on the bed together. The brunette immediately curled into a ball, head tucked up against Harley's chest. Harley wrapped his arms around Peter, rubbing a hand up and down his back comfortingly.

They laid like this for awhile, and when Harley was about to ask if Peter wanted to go get something to eat, he realized the smaller boy was fast asleep, curled up in the safety of his boyfriend's arms.

~

Harley didn't remember falling asleep, but he woke up to a voice booming through the ceiling.

"Everyone to the conference room, everyone to the conference room," FRIDAY announced, waking both boys from their slumber. Peter had moved around in his sleep, and had somehow ended up laying on top of Harley. He lifted his head sleepily, coming face to face with the blond. His cheeks turned a rosy pink, immediately burying his head back into Harley's chest to try and hide his blush.

"It's adorable that you still get flustered around me," the southern boy commented. "But let's get up. It must be important if they're calling everyone down." Peter nodded, both of them getting up and walking down to the conference room. Everyone else had already gotten there, so the meeting could begin.

"So, I know you must be confused as to why you were called down," Steve started. "Let me assure you there is no emergency. We just have an announcement to make." He smiled, holding his hand out. Bucky stood up, grabbing Steve's hand and standing next to him.

"Bucky and I... are dating."

There was a moment of silence, before everyone started cheering and congratulating the couple. Peter's jaw dropped, looking over at Harley with wide eyes. The blond smiled, opening his hand as an invitation. After a moment's hesitation, Peter accepted, and Harley stood up.

"Congrats, you two. Peter and I actually have an announcement too..." He tugged Peter up to his feet, seeing the flustered redness on his cheeks. Harley whispered to him: "Do you want to tell them?"

"Harley and I are dating too!" Peter exclaimed quickly, turning to Harley and hiding in his boyfriend's chest. Another round of cheers erupted from the group, Harley grinning and Peter letting out a sigh of relief. Tony stood up, a soft smile on his face.

"Steve, Bucky, congratulations. You two belong together. And Pete, relax. We're all happy for you and Harley too," he said gently. "We should celebrate!" Tony quickly typed a few things into his phone, telling everyone cake and pizza would be here in 15 minutes.

Everyone started to disperse from the conference room, until only Steve, Bucky, Peter, and Harley were left. Steve and Bucky came over to the other two, smiling widely.

"Peter, Harley, congratulations. We're very happy for you," Steve insisted, turning and smiling at Bucky.

"Thank you! And to you, too," Harley thanked, pulling Peter in so he was standing with his back against Harley.

"We'll see you in the kitchen soon, I presume?" Harley nodded, waving at the couple as they left to go get food. Peter sighed, closing his eyes.

"Harls?"

"Hm?" Harley hummed, looking down at his short boyfriend.

"You were right."

That was kinda cute I think

Imma count how many requests I have left... 143 regular requests and... 29 smut requests... jesus...