Like Father, Like Son

request by OreoMilkShake360

happy pride month again

idk how i've managed to upload something every day but I'm pretty impressed with myself

TW/CW: coming out, kissing

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter paced back and forth in his room, arms folded behind his back. He was in a bit of a predicament... you see, Peter was bisexual. He was absolutely sure of that. And he even had a boyfriend, a tall, blond boy with a southern accent and blue eyes that always looked at him with nothing but love.

But that's beside the point.

The real problem here was that Peter wasn't out to his family. Of course, he didn't have to be, but he really, really wanted to be. He wanted to be able to bring Harley home and cuddle with him on the couch or in his room without it being weird. He didn't want to have to keep sneaking around. Peter felt confident in his sexuality, he was certain of who he was as a person (after a long couple of months) and he wanted his family to know. He even planned a meeting to tell them.

Oh, right. His family was the Avengers. Heroes of New York. Protectors of the city. So yeah, Peter was a little intimidated by the thought of coming out to Earth's mightiest heroes. Who wouldn't be?

"Darlin', you need to calm down, okay? Come sit," Harley beckoned, patting the space next to him. He was sitting on Peter's bed, watching his boyfriend pace anxiously. He had decided today was the day, and despite his strong desire to be out to the Avengers, he was having second thoughts.

"Harls, I can't do this!" Peter cried, shaking his head. "I just can't!"

"Why not?" Harley questioned.

"I can't!"

"Sweetheart..." Harley stood up, taking Peter's hands in his. "It's okay. I promise." The brunette sighed, leaning forward to rest his forehead on Harley's shoulder.

"I'm really nervous," he murmured. "I don't want to lose anyone else." The blond's expression softened, his hand moving to rub circles into Peter's back. "Especially not my family."

"You won't lose them," Harley insisted. "They love you." Peter shook his head, squeezing Harley's hands.

"But what if that's not enough?" He whispered. Harley frowned, dropping Peter's hands to pull him into a hug.

"I don't know," he answered truthfully. "But I'll be there for you. I promise."

"Yeah," Peter mumbled. "I know."

~

As time inched closer to the meeting, Peter felt even more on-edge. Harley had been doing his best to reassure the brunette, but it was hard. Peter was practically shaking with fear, shoulders scrunched up so far they nearly touched his ears.

"It's time," Harley reminded. Peter grimaced, teeth bared as he scrunched up his face.

"Oh my god..."

"I know. You're going to do so well, darlin', I believe in you," Harley encouraged. Peter shook his head frantically, frowning. The blond put his hands on Peter's shoulders, pushing them back into a normal position and steadying the smaller boy. "Relax. It'll be okay."

"How do you know?" Peter asked, shaking his head.

"I've seen how much they love you. Plus... I really doubt the Avengers are homophobic. They just don't seem like the type," Harley shrugged. Peter looked uneasy, but he didn't say anything more. "Do you want a 'good luck' kiss?"

"Yeah," Peter murmured, nodding. "I do." Harley smiled, gently cupping Peter's face and bringing them together. Their lips connected in a soft kiss, eyelids fluttering shut blissfully. Peter's hands instinctively grabbed at Harley's shirt, tugging at the fabric needily. For a moment, their kiss became more heated, but Harley pulled away.

"Maybe we shouldn't... get too into something right now," he suggested. Peter sighed, nodding. His cheeks had the slightest dusting of pink to them, with Harley thought was adorable. "Actually..." Harley checked the time quickly. "We should probably get going." Peter swallowed thickly, nodding. This was it. After this, everyone would know about him and Harley, they would all know that he's bisexual.

Please let this go well.

Peter and Harley got to the meeting room, where most of the Avengers had already settled into a seat. Peter looked at Harley nervously, and the blond smiled encouragingly. Peter took a deep breath, leading Harley up to the front of the room. They were holding hands, standing close together so it was difficult to tell. They stood there until the last of the Avengers arrived, finding a place to sit while they waited for Peter to start.

"So... I called you all here today because I have something I want to say," Peter started. So far, so good. "I wanted to say... that... that..." Peter faltered, feeling frozen in place. Harley squeezed his hand, turning to shoot him a small smile. Peter closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath. "Harley and I are dating!" He threw his hand in the air, tugging Harley's up along with it. Their connected hands were on display, clearly visible for everyone to see. For a moment, everyone was silent.

"I knew it," Tony whispered, smiling. Scattered laughter broke out around where the comment had been made, but not the intimidating kind. Peter wasn't exactly put at ease by it... but he was more confused than afraid now.

"And... uh... I'm bisexual," he added.

"Like father, like son," someone murmured.

"Right. We're proud of you, kiddo. Takes a lot of guts to come out," Tony mused. "And Strange here is right– like father, like son. I'm bisexual too." Peter's jaw dropped, watching Tony with wide eyes. "Oh. And we're dating." Tony pointed between himself and Stephen.

"Bucky and I are dating too," Steve chimed in. "Have been for a while now."

"Thor and I... have a little thing going on as well," Bruce added.

"I'm asexual," Nat stated nonchalantly, crossing her arms. A few nods were sent her way before all eyes landed on Clint. He looked a bit startled, then sighed.

"I don't label myself," he informed.

"Well... there you have it, kiddo," Tony grinned. "We accept you. Harley too." He paused, giving them both a look. "Door stays open whenever Harley's over from now on, okay?"

"Dad!" Peter exclaimed, blushing. Harley laughed, letting go of Peter's hand to cup his chin.

"See?" He murmured, smiling. "Everything turned out okay." Peter nodded slowly, a small smile taking over his features.

"Yeah." He leaned in closer, wrapping his arms around Harley. "Thank you. I'm so happy we don't have to be a secret anymore." Harley hummed, nodding.

"Me too," he agreed. Lowering his voice, Harley added: "I really want to kiss you right now."

"Should we go back to my room?"

"Absolutely."

I have heartstopper content on Ao3! (Glittercat34)

(bc maybe I took a TINY bit of inspiration from heartstopper)