Bad Boy AU

request by reader70306 

Haha I'm ~mEnTaLlY iLL~

It's not fun I hate it here

Random fact: I'm American 🙃

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter Parker was at his locker, switching his calculus textbook for his chemistry one. The halls were practically empty, except for one other student...

Harley Keener was well known as the school's bad boy, which made him quite popular. He strolled down the empty hall coolly, leaning against the wall of lockers. Peter closed his locker door, finding himself looking at a familiar black leather jacket and worn jeans.

"Hey nerd," Harley greeted, his smile and gentle tone of voice giving his words a whole different meaning.

"Hey Harls," the brunette responded quietly. "What's up?" The southern boy glanced down the halls, checking for students.

"Just making sure we're still on for dinner tonight." Harley flipped his hair back, letting it settle messily on his head.

"Oh, yeah, of course," Peter nodded, big brown eyes staring into Harley's blue ones.

"See you tonight." And with that, Harley was gone. Peter sighed, wishing the taller boy would stop trying to hide their relationship from the other students. It made Peter feel, well, like an embarrassment, and he really wanted to believe that he was more than that.

The brunette went to class, sitting in the back of the chem lab and working alone. He didn't really have a lot of friends, and the ones he did have weren't really in classes with him. Peter ended up working alone on most projects and presentations, always ending up with an A. He really was a nerd, there was no doubt about that.

When the bell rang, the students filed out of the classroom, chatting excitedly in the halls. Peter was the last one out of class, taking his time so he didn't have to deal with the hallway crowds. See, Peter Parker wasn't exactly the toughest kid in the hallways; his 5'6 stature and skinny frame made him an easy target, especially in the crowded hallways. It was like walking through a crowd of angry, smelly giants.

Once Peter had left school, he started on his walk back home. He lived in a small apartment, with his aunt May. The walk to his apartment building was long, and by the time he was home his legs felt like jelly. It didn't help that he walked so fast, a trait he often considered to be because he was Gay™. Peter dropped his backpack on the floor, letting himself fall onto his bed. He yawned, quickly falling asleep.

He awoke a few hours later, blinking the sleep from his eyes. He stretched, giving himself a moment to really wake up. He looked at the clock, he still had almost two hours before his date with Harley. He hopped in the shower, because he wanted to look good for Harley. No greasy hair or acne-covered skin for his date tonight.

Peter got out of the shower about 10 minutes later, wrapping a towel around his waist and heading back to his room, water dripping from his wet hair. He rifled through his closet, searching for the perfect outfit to wear on his date. His eyes landed on a sleek black jacket, just causal enough not to be weird. He picked out a dusty pink button down to go with it, which he hoped Harley would like.

Peter dried off, got dressed, and started working on his hair. He combed through his damp curls, trying to straighten them out so they didn't look so messy. After nearly 10 minutes, the brunette gave up, instead embracing his curls and letting them do what they wanted.

It was almost time to go, so Peter added a few final touches to his look, nodded at himself in the mirror, and left to go to the restaurant he and Harley had planned to meet at. The brunette stepped inside the door, immediately noticing the peaceful quiet that differed from the city streets. He scanned the restaurant, hoping Harley was already there.

"Can I help you?" A voice startled Peter out of his thoughts. A young waitress was standing in front of him, holding a stack of menus.

"Oh, um, I'm meeting someone here, but I don't think they're here yet," he stated awkwardly. The waitress nodded, gesturing for Peter to follow. She led him to a small table in the back, a booth. "Thanks," he mumbled. The waitress smiled, handing him a menu, and setting another one across from him.

"Yes, of course. Let me know when you're ready to order." She left, leaving Peter alone in his booth. He had a nervous pit in his stomach, quiet anxieties bubbling around uncontrollably. He checked his phone. 7:04. Harley should've been there by now...

As if he had been summoned, a rather well dressed Harley walked in, making a beeline for Peter's booth. He sat across from the smaller boy, offering a cool smile.

"Hey there, darlin'."

"Hey." Peter bit his lip, hiding himself behind the menu. What was wrong with him? This date wasn't any different than their other ones, why was-

"Hey." Harley gently lowered Peter's menu, making eye contact with the brunette. "What's going on with you?" Peter blushed. Another thing about their dates- Harley was almost an entirely different person, shedding his carefree exterior just for Peter.

"Oh, um, well..." He frowned. How was he supposed to ask this? And what if Harley didn't like it?

"Hey." Harley snapped his fingers softly, looking worried. Peter didn't even realize he had zoned out...

"Right. Well, I uh, I was wondering if maybe..." He took a breath, trying to calm down for a moment. "I was hoping maybe we wouldn't have to keep our relationship a secret anymore?" Harley's expression was unreadable. Several moments of silence passed between the two, before Peter nodded. "You're embarrassed of me, aren't you."

"No, actually, I think that's a great idea." The smaller boy looked back up, surprised. "Yeah. Why shouldn't everyone know about us? I think it sounds great." Peter let out a relieved sigh. "Darlin', I could never be embarrassed of you. You're the most beautiful person I've ever met, not to mention your adorably perfect personality. I love everything about you," the blond admitted. A large grin spread across Peter's cheeks.

"I love you too, Harls."

not the direction I was planning on taking it, am I disappointed? Not really

requests?