Frappé

request by Ailsa_Weasley and BlackOsiriaRose98

this request is so old I'm really sorry

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Hey, Peter, can you cover my morning shift tomorrow? I have a doctor's appointment." The brunette sighed, nodding.

"Sure. Will you take my afternoon shift tomorrow then?" He asked. Jennifer nodded, waving it off.

"Of course. Thanks!" Peter nodded, wiping down the counter. He worked at a small cafe, known locally for its coffee. Peter typically worked afternoons, since he was a student and couldn't work during class. On Saturdays, however, he liked to take the morning shift, so he could have more time in the afternoon to relax. Jennifer, Peter's co-worker, usually only took morning shifts. They only ever saw each other on Saturdays, which meant that today was a Saturday. And Peter would be taking the Sunday morning shift, it seemed.

Which was fine. He wasn't busy tomorrow. Maybe it would be good for him to get an earlier start to the day.

~

It was early on Sunday morning– around 5 am– and Peter regretted agreeing to take Jennifer's shift. It was way too early for this, that was for sure.

Peter sighed. He really didn't get a choice. It was too late to back out, so he would have to work. At least he would get off work earlier.

Peter arrived at the cafe, tying his apron around his waist and leaning against the counter. The cafe was pretty empty, only a few people hanging around in the seating areas. It was boring, but easy.

And then a new customer walked in.

He was tall, with dirty blond hair and sunglasses covering his eyes, despite being indoors. He was dressed nicely, not exactly a suit but maybe more of a high-end blazer. Peter stood up straight, offering the stranger a polite smile.

"Hello, how may I help you?" He greeted. The stranger stopped in front of the counter, tilting his sunglasses down slightly to squint at Peter. The brunette was a bit thrown off by the piercing blue color of his eyes. The stranger pushed the sunglasses back into place, crossing his arms.

"You're not Jen," he observed. Peter glanced to the side awkwardly, clearing his throat briefly.

"Uh... I'm covering her shift?" It came out as more of a question than a statement, but the stranger didn't seem to care.

"Hm. Alright..." The stranger leaned closer, then stood back straight. "...Peter. I'll have a frappe with vanilla, light on the ice." Peter nodded, swallowing.

"Can I have a name for that?"

"Mm... no," the stranger replied, grinning amusedly. Peter frowned, but rung him up and began making the drink, serving it up to the man. He tasted it, eyebrows raising slightly. Peter stood close, not bothering to go back to the order counter. Not like it mattered, nobody else was even there.

"Hm. Thanks. I'll see you around, Peter," the stranger smiled charmingly, bringing his sunglasses down enough to wink at Peter before swiftly turning around and walking out of the cafe.

Peter found himself confused and slightly flustered by the whole encounter. He stood there for a moment, lost in thought. When the door opened, he shook his head, getting back to his job. It didn't even matter; he would probably never see that man ever again.

~

A week had passed, and Peter was coming into work for one of his afternoon shifts. Much to his surprise, the stranger from before was already in the cafe, sitting at one of the tables. Peter spared him a glance, pressing his lips into a thin line as he walked quickly to the counter. Jennifer was waiting there, smiling mischievously.

"Before you start your shift, there's someone who's been waiting for you for a while...!" She teased, elbowing him playfully. Peter's gaze shifted to the stranger, cooly sipping at his drink. Jen leaned in closer, whispering to Peter: "Give him a shot. He's a really nice guy once you get to know him."

"I..." Peter sighed, nodding. "I guess." Jennifer nodded encouragingly, lightly pushing him toward the table.

"Go on!" Peter swallowed nervously, walking to the table where the man was sitting. He didn't sit, just standing over the table awkwardly.

"Mm. Peter." The brunette could feel the stranger's eyes on him, despite them being hidden behind sunglasses. A different pair than last time, he noted. "Please. Sit." Peter did as asked, sitting across from the stranger.

"Uh... hi?"

"Hello." The blond smiled charmingly, slight southern drawl to his voice. "So, I've heard a lot about you."

"I-" Peter stopped, frowning. "What?" The man laughed, finding amusement in Peter's confusion.

"My sister doesn't shut up about you!" He chuckled, tilting his head to gesture to Jennifer. Peter's jaw dropped, gaping as he glanced between his co-worker and the stranger. The man took his sunglasses off, staring at Peter with his blue eyes. "I'm Harley." He reached out a hand, which Peter took hesitantly, shaking it.

"Uh-" He was at a loss for words, tilting his head at Harley.

"So, Jen tells me you're a university student, correct?" Peter nodded, confirming. "Mm. MIT?"

"Oh- uh, yeah, actually," Peter replied, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Very nice. I went to MIT too- well, until I dropped out. Started my own company," Harley explained briefly. Peter nodded awkwardly, rubbing at his arm.

"Um, cool..."

"Right, sorry, Don't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything, but what would you say if I asked you out?" Harley questioned. Peter's eyes widened, entirely unsure of what to do. "No pressure or anything. Honestly, my sister thought it would be a good idea, and you're actually pretty cute, so..." Harley shrugged. "Wanna give it a try?"

"I-" Peter shook his head, struggling to come up with words. He wasn't entirely sure of his answer, to be honest. On one hand, Harley was fairly handsome and oddly charming, and Peter found himself drawn to him. On the other hand... he didn't know. This whole thing felt so weird. "I don't know."

"Mm." Harley nodded, grabbing a napkin and pulling a pen out of his hair (had that been there the whole time?), scribbling something down on the napkin and passing it to Peter. "Here. If you're interested." The brunette hesitantly accepted the napkin, glancing over the tiny digits scrawled neatly into the brown paper. Harley stood up, putting his sunglasses back on. "See you around, Peter." The blond left quickly, door falling shut behind him. Peter stared down at the napkin, then back up at the door.

"See you..." He murmured, pocketing the napkin. Jennifer came up to him, grinning.

"Enjoy your shift!" She chirped, looking at him knowingly. Peter blushed, flustered from his encounter with Harley and the teasing from Jennifer. He shook his head, sighing. "And good luck on your date!" She called, following her brother out the door. Peter scoffed, grabbing his apron and tying it back. His hand brushed past the napkin in his pocket, sticking out slightly. He smiled despite his conflicted feelings on the matter, making a mental note to text Harley later and accept his offer.

(And he did. Peter and Harley really hit it off on their date too...)

literally no fucking clue what I just wrote, I went so off script here idek what happened-

pls my senior skip day is tomorrow and my brain is just. dead.

(also I was listening to the heartstopper soundtrack while writing this lmao im obsessed)