Crimson pt 2

Y'all I'm sorry

Random fact: when I got my wisdom teeth out a few months ago, they for some reason decided I didn't need as much anesthesia (cause I'm kinda small) and I was actually somewhat awake the whole time. It was weird cause time didn't really exist, I didn't really feel much (thank GOD) but yeah. I had my eyes closed and shit but I was definitely conscious

TW: yeah still injuries and hospital shit, oh and can't forget more emotional pain

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

It had been almost a week since the accident. When Tony had first found out, he hadn't taken it well, immediately isolating himself and refusing to come out of his lab. Once Harley had been taken off of bed rest, white gauzy bandages wrapped around his head, he did the same thing, hiding away in Peter's room. He still felt a little fuzzy, but it didn't matter.

Peter hadn't made it.

Tomorrow was supposed to be the funeral, closed casket because of the horrible injuries Peter had sustained in the accident. Harley wasn't ready. He wasn't ready. He wasn't-

Harley woke with a jolt, eyes wide. He glanced around the room quickly, gaze landing on Peter in a hospital bed in front of him. The heart monitor was beeping steadily, thank god. The southern boy let out a soft sigh, wiping away the tears that had fallen from his eyes. It was all coming back to him, how he had refused to leave Peter's side from the second he was allowed to see the smaller boy, the past few days spent in this room..

And that's exactly where he was right now. Harley sat in the chair he had occupied for the past few days, holding Peter's unbandaged hand for comfort.

"Please, darlin', wake up..." He murmured, sniffling quietly. "I love you..." The blond was terrified for his boyfriend. Peter hadn't woken up since the accident, and he was just barely in stable condition after flatlining three times, once in the ambulance, once during one of his multiple surgeries to try and repair some of the damage, and a third time two days ago.

Harley had been there when it happened, the steady beeping of Peter's heart monitor had slowed to a stop, one loud continuous screech from the equipment. The southern boy had frozen in place, eyes wide but unseeing. He had snapped out of it after some time, a blurry image of a nurse trying to offer him a juice box.

"Oh..." He grabbed the juice box, taking a sip. "Thanks."

"Honey, you need to eat something, or you'll have to be separated. Go down to the cafe, I'll keep an eye on him for a little bit, ok?" She insisted calmly, frowning at the blond.

"No, no, I can't leave him, please!" The nurse sighed, looking at him sympathetically.

"I know it's hard, but he hasn't stirred or improved in condition in almost a week. It might be time to start thinking about-"

"NO!" Harley screamed. He shook his head wildly, stumbling backwards. "No, no, no, no! He's going to wake up and we'll live happily ever after for ever and ever!"

"Did they check you for a concussion?" She questioned. Harley shrugged, eyes wide and untrusting.

"I don't remember... please, just leave me alone." He requested, watching the nurse leave. Harley scrambled to his feet, heading back to his bedside post. His mind was jumbled, sure, but one thing was clear: he needed Peter. "Please... just wake up..." A quiet sob escaped his lips, body shaking from both malnutrition and the awful waves of uncertainty washing over him. "Please, darlin', I need you... I love you... you're my world, without you life just isn't worth living. Please, wake up so I can see those beautiful brown eyes I fell in love with... please..."

Harley brought Peter's limp hand to his forehead, crying quietly. He jumped suddenly, having felt movement from his unconscious lover.

"Peter? Peter, darlin', please wake up, please!" Harley begged, pressing kisses to the brunette's hand. He twitched, this time Harley was sure of it. "Oh my god, Peter?" Peter's head fell to the side, nose scrunching up. His eyes were still closed, and Harley wasn't entirely sure if the smaller boy was actually conscious or not. "Nurse?!"

"What is i- oh, oh my god, can we get some doctors in here?!" Two doctors ran in, checking vitals and watching Peter carefully as his eyes cracked open, a soft groan escaping his lips.

"Can you hear us?" One of the doctors asked, Peter turning his head slightly and nodding. "Alright, will you move your right arm for me?" Furrowing his brows, Peter slowly moved his arm up, stopping with a cry. The doctor nodded, smiling. "Ok, that's good, we'll up your meds." He turned to Harley, expression solemn, but hopeful. "His arm should heal and become fully functional with time. However, he may have some memory loss and difficulty with mental tasks at first, he hit his head pretty hard. But he is expected to make a full recovery." The doctors left, Peter's meds upped and the brunette now sitting with wide, nervous eyes.

"Hi, darlin', how are you feeling?" Harley wondered, speaking slowly and carefully.

"Um... I'm ok... I guess..." He answered uncertainly, squinting at Harley confusedly. "Who... do I know you?" Harley's heart sunk. He turned away with a hand clapped over his mouth, trying not to cry. How could Peter not remember him. He sniffed quietly, wiping at his eyes. "Oh, god, Harls, I was just kidding! I- I didn't forget you!"

"Not funny," Harley mumbled, turning back to the smaller boy. He laughed wetly, tears dripping down his cheeks. "I missed you..." Peter nodded, frowning.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"Six days..." Harley's voice broke, leaning his head against Peter's chest and hugging him carefully. The brunette placed his unbroken arm on the back of Harley's head, smiling uncertainly.

"Oh..." His fingers brushed against the bandage wrapped around the southern boy's head, frowning. "Are you ok?" Harley looked up, an incredulous expression on his face.

"Seriously? You're the one that nearly died, and you're asking me if I'm ok?" He scoffed, shaking his head. "Yes, darlin', I'm fine, I just wanted you back."

"Aww," Peter smiled softly, but it wasn't long-lived. "I almost died?"

"You did die. Three times. God, Peter, I was so scared, I thought I would never get to see you again..." He shook his head. "Don't ever scare me like that again." Peter shrugged guiltily, eyes wide.

"I, uh, sorry?"

"It's not your fault, I just- agh!" Harley exclaimed, frustration clear in his voice. "I just don't ever want to lose you, darlin'. I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but..." He sighed, frowning. "I'm scared, yknow? I guess... I guess I thought nothing could hurt us, that we were untouchable, and then this happens and- and I had to watch the love of my life die, right in front of my eyes..."

"Holy shit, Harls, you were there when-"

"Yeah." The blond was crying, leaning against Peter's chest for comfort. "I was so scared, I honestly thought that was going to be the last memory I had of you..." The smaller boy shushed Harley softly, rubbing his back.

"It's not, ok, I'm right here! I'm not going anywhere, I promise. I'm here..." He drifted off, sighing. "It's ok..."

"Peter." Harley looked up, staring straight into the beautiful soft brown doe eyes that made him swoon that first day they had met. "I love you, so, so much. I don't ever want to be without you, I- I can't be without you. You mean the world to me, you have for a while now." He took a deep breath, wiping at his eyes. "I know we're still young, but... I really do love you. I want to spend the rest of our lives together."

"I love you too, Harls, and we should talk about this, but..." Peter smiled softly. "I think I want to spend the rest of our lives together too." Harley kissed the brunette, grinning into the kiss. When he pulled away, he was laughing, a gentle hand on Peter's cheek.

"You need to brush your teeth."

mmm ok I feel like people aren't going to murder me for that so that's good

Requests?