Hanahaki Disease

Request by ItSmYwAyToDoThInGs 

Ooh angst

I really didn't follow the request well but... I think you'll like it anyway

I literally love the whole idea of hanahaki disease and its so fun to write ahhhhh

TW: blood, sickness

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter felt his heart drop the first time he saw it.

Vibrant, perfectly despicable petals of blue and magenta falling slowly to the ground. Hanahaki disease... Peter had read about it, but never expected it to happen to him. Of course, he knew who was the cause of it.

Harley.

Peter had been fawning over the southern boy ever since his arrival at the tower, but it was always just a harmless crush.

Well, maybe it wasn't so harmless... and maybe it was more than a crush. Peter swallowed thickly, quickly cleaning up the petals. It would be ok, he would just deal with it...

After all, how bad could it be?

~

It took the Avengers nearly two months to find out.

Peter had been so careful, being sure to throw the dispelled petals in Central Park, covered with snow. Nobody would find them there; even if they did, nobody would suspect him. And that worked, for awhile, until the snow started to melt in late March.

Once the snow was melted, Peter flushed them. Everyday, he watched as the water swirled blue and magenta petals down, where they would not be found. It was fine.

Peter was careful... but not careful enough. Although, it was hardly his fault. It wasn't like he chose when he coughed them up...

Nat was the first to notice, that night at dinner. Peter had launched into a coughing fit, quickly covering his mouth with his napkin. He had hidden the petals well, with the exception of a singular petal, a horribly gorgeous royal blue falling to the floor. It was just one petal, and had gone unnoticed by nearly everyone.

But when you're at dinner with a trained assassin, who picks up on nearly every detail, a slip up like that meant his secret was out. Even if Peter didn't know it.

After dinner, Peter had left quickly to flush the petals, so rushed that he didn't get the fallen one. Nat narrowed her eyes, getting it herself. The petal was certainly odd, but she figured it out easily. Although her knowledge of Hanahaki disease was limited, she still knew of it, and didn't hesitate to tell Tony and Bruce.

"Hanahaki disease?" Bruce questioned, frowning. "You mean... the fictional love sickness?" Nat shook her head, holding up the petal.

"He coughed this up at dinner. And I doubt Peter's been eating flowers." She pressed it into Bruce's hand, leaving quickly. Tony shrugged, glancing at the petal.

"Who do you think it is? Oh, I bet it's that girl at school... MJ, I believe," he speculated. Bruce hummed, putting the petal into a petri dish.

"Well, whoever it is, Peter definitely has some strong feelings for them. I've never seen anything like this before, I'll do some research tomorrow." Bruce yawned, rolling his shoulders. "But I should be heading to bed. I'll see you tomorrow." Tony nodded, patting Bruce's back as he walked by.

"See ya."

~

Peter had gone straight to his room after dinner, napkin in hand. He opened up the crumpled up ball, dumping the petals into the toilet with a short sigh. The disease was progressing... he could feel it in his chest. There was a slow building pressure in his lungs, roots and petals filling them up. He didn't have a lot of time left before the disease got so bad he would have to do something about it.