Love Bites

request by vampierly_mad

sorry it's been so long! I took a hiatus at the beginning of college, but I'm trying to come back now :)

here's an extra long fic to hopefully make up for it

TW/CW: mentions of starving (not by choice), blood, mentions of murder/killing, blood "donations", dizziness, scars, age gap relationship (sorta? not like THAT tho)

3rd Person P.O.V.

Harley hummed to himself, tapping his fingers along the outside of his thigh. The sun was starting to set, which meant the blond boy's day was only beginning. Stretching, Harley got up, walking through his apartment to the bathroom. He went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth, glancing up at the mirror briefly with a disappointed sigh. Once that was over with, he retreated back to his bedroom, casually scrolling through news headlines with a sense of boredom.

With a soft huff, Harley let his arm fall onto his chest, pressing the heat from his phone into his skin. Only a little while longer before he could go out. Only a little while longer until he could eat.

Harley was practically starving. He would have to feed soon. He didn't have a choice if he wanted to survive. All he could do was try and make it as quick and easy as possible.

Harley sighed, glancing toward the covered windows. There was barely any light pushing past the old curtains, which meant it was time. Harley was free to do as he pleased until sunrise. He rolled off the bed and onto his feet, grabbing his apartment key and shoving it in his back pocket before slipping out the door and down the stairs to the sidewalks.

He whistled softly, wandering the streets. The sun had gone down, but New York City was still bustling, people heading out for the night or coming home from a long day. It didn't really matter. One of them would not be making it to their destination tonight.

Harley lived in Northeast Brooklyn, near Queens. He often found himself wandering the streets of Queens, occasionally picking off a straggler or even a criminal as he made his rounds. As the NYC bustle started to cool down, Harley sighed. Tonight was a peaceful night, nice and quiet (as quiet as you could get in the city, anyway), and he felt awful for having to ruin such a nice night. Still, he had to do it.

Harley turned the corner, slipping into an unlit back alley. It was here he would wait for his next victim, whoever they may be.

It wasn't long before Harley could hear footsteps approaching, hurried but still controlled steps that signified the arrival of a younger person, most likely someone in their late teens or early twenties. Harley had gotten quite good at identifying different types of footsteps from all his time spent... well, this.

The footsteps got closer, and closer, until...

"Hello?" A voice called out, tired and anxious. The voice was young, higher in pitch but by no means annoying. "Who's there?"

Harley peeked out around the wall, getting a good look. It was a young man, probably of high school or college age. His eyes darted around, widening when they landed on Harley's dark silhouette.

"What do you want?" He asked, hardening his nervous gaze and holding a defensive position. "I don't have any money."

"I..." Harley squinted at the man, tilting his head. "I don't want money."

"I don't have any drugs either," the man sighed, grimacing.

"No, I-" Harley huffed, shaking his head. "How did you know I was here?" The man's eyebrows shot up in surprise, his expression melting to one of surprise.