Tangled AU pt 2

It's REALLY long cause I didn't want to do a part 3 lmao

Random fact: I can barely see shit rn so uhhhh idk, ig I need to sleep

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel, or Disney.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Mother Gothel watched the two boys sneak off, out of her sight. She growled, fists clenching in anger. How dare he leave the tower? She ran after them, keeping herself hidden and out of their sight.

~

"Hey, Peter, I-"

"There he is! The thief! Get him!" A guard yelled, pointing at Harley. The blond grimaced, grabbing Peter and pushing him toward a small, dark cave.

"Harley!?" The smaller boy's voice raised, fear dripping from his words.

"It's ok, just trust me." They hid in the cave, hearing a loud rumbling. There were muffled shouts from outside, a large rock falling and blocking the entrance of the cave, water spilling in from the lake just beyond the cave.

"Water!?" Peter looked up at Harley with wide, frightened eyes. "Are we gonna die?" The southern boy shook his head, taking a deep breath and diving into the water. "Oh my god, we're going to drown... Mother was right, I never should've left the tower!" Peter exclaimed, tears falling. Harley came up with a gasp, shaking the water from his hair.

"I can't see anything, it's too dark..." Peter let out a distressed cry, feeling as the water filled the cave, already up to his collarbone.

"Harls... I don't wanna die yet, please!"

"It's too dark to see anything down there," Harley shrugged, feeling defeated. The water was now up to their chins, and they were running out of time. Peter latched onto Harley for comfort in their last moments, sobbing. "If only there was something that could help us see..." Peter gasped, picking his head up.

"I have magic hair that glows when I sing!" Harley turned to him, frowning.

"What." Peter shook his head, singing.

"Flower gleam and glow, let your powers shine, make the clock reverse, take back what onc-" The water overtook them, but the song had worked. Peter's hair glowed a bright golden color, spreading enough light for Harley to find a way out, pushing the rocks out of the way. Peter's chest burned, the lack of oxygen making him feel lightheaded and sluggish. He swam out through the exit, gasping and coughing.

"YOUR HAIR GLOWS!?" Harley asked incredulously, eyes wide. "Oh my god, am I dead? Did we die? This is impossible!" The smaller boy raised a finger, taking a breath and coughing up more water. "Oh, shit." The blond rubbed Peter's back, leaning the golden-haired boy against him. "Geez, you ok?"

"I think so," he mumbled, voice raspy. If only he had been able to take a breath before going underwater... but at least they were both alive.

"Ok, good..." Harley didn't move away from the smaller boy, holding onto him gently. "So, uh, you have glowing hair?" Peter nodded, coughing again. "This is normal. Totally normal. Nothing strange about this..." Harley spoke quickly, trying to process this. "Uh... how long has it been doing that?"

"Forever? It can heal people," Peter shrugged, coughing again. He tried to stand up, only to be stopped by the southern boy.

"Woah there, take it easy. Why don't we stay here for the night, we'll be able to get to the town and see the lanterns tomorrow." Peter sighed, closing his eyes and leaning into Harley's side gratefully. "Sorry, darlin', but I'm going to make a fire. Stay here, I'll be right back." The blond stood up, smiling. He had to admit, he had grown rather fond of this strange boy. Whether it was pity, protectiveness, or... something else.