Orphan pt 2

Random fact: I started reading fanfiction in 6th grade (2015/2016) and started writing in 7th. Now I'm a junior in high school (11th grade) and I have the big sad

Disclaimer : I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter awoke suddenly, the muffled screams of one of the other boys wafting up through the dusty floorboards. He groaned, feeling his head pulse from a headache caused by his own screaming the day before. It was 8 am, and Peter felt a jolt of fear wash over him, knowing what would happen if his school called the orphanage to tell them about his tardiness. Silently, he grabbed his backpack, choosing to climb out the window rather than risk being seen by the Administrator.

Peter hugged the large tube that ran up the side of the orphanage, sliding down it fireman style. He landed painfully, his ankle barely supporting his weight. Grimacing, Peter limped away, starting his walk to school. He shivered at the cold air, having left his thin hoodie behind. It was stained with blood and had many tears in it, so maybe that was for the best.

Peter made it to a crosswalk, ankle throbbing painfully with every step. He tripped over the curb, landing in the arms of one Harley Keener.

"Funny how we keep meeting, darlin'," he smirked. "Or, should I say Peter?" The brunette lifted his head to meet the eyes of the billionaire, who gasped at the orphan's mangled appearance.

"How do you know my name?" Peter questioned.

"They don't call me a genius for nothing. What happened to your eye?" The smaller boy lowered his head, sputtering out some bullshit excuse.

"Oh, um... I got into a fight." Harley scoffed, raising an eyebrow.

"Please, do you think I was born yesterday? What really happened?" Peter shook his head, pulling away from Harley's arms.

"Just leave me alone." He took a step back, collapsing from his injured ankle. "Fuck." Harley said nothing, scooping the messy brunette into his arms. "Hey!"

"Darlin', you are in no condition to be walking right now. Just let me help you." Peter crossed his arms grumpily, but didn't argue. Harley carried him all the way to his tower. Peter gasped in awe at the gorgeous building, eyes wide with amazement and wonder. Harley chuckled.

"Yes, isn't it breathtaking? I designed it myself," he bragged. He carried Peter to the elevator, bringing him up to the 23rd floor. Harley placed the brunette down on a large bed, in a room with a beautiful view of the city. "You like it? This is my room, actually, but there's several more like it down the hall."

"Wow," Peter breathed out in awe. "I've never seen the city from up high before." Harley frowned.

"Never? Like, not even from a tall building, or a rooftop?" Peter shook his head. "Why not?"

"The Administrator doesn't-" he cut himself off. No reason to bother a billionaire with your stupid problems.

"What?"

"Nevermind," Peter mumbled, looking down. Harley frowned, looking curiously at the boy.

"Right... well, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

"15, but I turn 16 next week," Peter answered. Harley nodded, secretly celebrating their closeness in age in his head.

"Happy early birthday. Why don't you take your shirt off for me, hmm?" The smaller boy's eyes went wide, neck snapping up to look at Harley. Peter felt butterflies in his stomach, and his breathing picked up slightly.

"Uhh... w-what?" He squeaked nervously.

"Well I brought you here to help you out, so I kinda need to see all your injuries..." Harley shrugged. "You can just roll up your pant legs, if you're uncomfortable." Peter nodded slowly, pulling his shirt over his head. He self-consciously wrapped his arms over his bare chest, silently wishing he rolled up his pant legs first. Luckily Harley saw that, getting on his knees in front of Peter and gently rolling up his tattered jeans. The blond gasped at the sight of Peter's ankle, his hand flying to his mouth.

"Darlin'... this is really bad. Hold on, I'll be right back." Harley left, quickly returning with a first aid kit and a strange looking device. He waved the device over Peter's ankle, examining the screen intently. He breathed a sigh of relief, wrapping the injured ankle in gauze. "Ok, so it's just a sprain. You need to keep off your foot for a few days so it heals correctly." Peter grimaced, nodding. Harley frowned at the injured boy. "What's wrong?"

"I-" he stopped, shaking his head.

"Can you not do that?" Harley wondered. Peter shook his head sadly, avoiding the billionaire's soft gaze. "Will you tell me why, at least? I can help you if you tell me." The smaller boy looked like he was considering it. "Please?"

"You have to promise me something first," Peter stated quietly.

"Anything you want, it's yours."

"Don't pity me." Peter took a deep breath, explaining his story. How his family died, how he had been an orphan for nearly 8 years, how the orphanage Administrator abused him and the other boys for messing up, everything. Harley was in tears by the end of Peter's story, offering a hug to the brunette. Peter accepted it, burying his face in the blond's shoulder.

"I think I might be able to help you, if you want that." Peter looked up at Harley tearfully, nodding slowly. "If you wanted... maybe I could get you adopted? I can't do it myself, since I'm only 16, but I have a friend who could do it, and you could live here with me," he offered. Peter's jaw dropped. "I'll give him a call, wait here."

Peter couldn't believe his luck. Living with Harley Keener, billionaire, teen heartthrob, genius inventor. Harley, with his smooth dirty blond hair and his beautiful blue eyes, with his kind heart and his southern drawl. His heart beat faster as he realized what this could mean for him.

"Ok, he said he'd do it, he'll go sign the papers later- darlin'?" Peter tearfully looked up at Harley, a big watery grin on his face.

"I'm getting adopted," he smiled, voice cracking.

"Yeah, you are." Harley hopped into the bed, sitting pressed up against Peter's back, engulfing him in a hug. "Maybe I can take you out sometime now, a real, proper date." Peter could practically hear his heart beating, it was so loud.

"I'd love to."

They are literally so cute ugh

I'm kinda thinking about making this into a full book? Like idk maybe after I finish one of my other books

Requests?