Identity

request by TheSmilingWhale 

Random fact: I went skiing yesterday and twisted my knee 🙃

TW: blood, injury

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Hey, Harley," Peter waved, smiling at the blond.

"Hey Peter," Harley nodded. They passed each other, continuing on their way to class. They were both friends, not particularly close in any way, but more than just acquaintances. They met in advanced calculus last year, after being assigned seats next to each other. Peter ate lunch with Ned and MJ, Harley ate with the moderately popular crowd. The only contact they really had with each other was in the hallway, inbetween second and third period. And that was good enough for them.

When Harley got home, he dropped his bag in his room, immediately suiting up and flying away. You see, Harley was Iron Lad, the metal hero designed after Tony Stark's Iron Man. He dropped down on the roof of a building, seeing the red and blue of Spiderman sitting on the ledge.

"Hi, darlin'." Spiderman looked up with surprise, grinning at the sight of the iron faceplate.

"Hi!" He stood up, wrapping his arms around the metal suit happily. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Harley stretched his arm, grinning. "So, you ready?" Spiderman nodded.

"Let's go fight some crime."

Harley, as Iron Lad, was dating fellow superhero vigilante Spiderman. They didn't know each other's secret identities, for safety reasons, but they were still in love. Harley longed for the sight of his mysterious lover's face, but knew better than to invade his privacy.

Patrol was going smoothly, they stopped a few pickpockets and a minor robbery, the crime being strangely slow today. Well, until they got an alert for a major drug deal in a nearby alley. The pair got there quickly, Spiderman dropping down to distract them while Harley went to take out the dealer.

It was a simple plan, really. Oh, if only they had known the buyer had a gun on him...

The whole thing went down in the blink of an eye, Harley successfully taking out the dealer before hearing a gunshot. In the corner of his vision, the blond saw Spiderman collapse, a pained cry escaping his lips while the buyer made a run for it.

"Darlin'! Harley quickly subdued the dealer, leaving him for the police and rushing to his boyfriend's side. The spider themed hero had his hands pressed over his thigh, groaning. Harley wasted no time in scooping up the smaller boy and flying him up to a nearby roof.

"It's ok." Spiderman was breathing heavily, laying on the concrete roof.

"You need to breathe..." Harley trailed off, frowning. "Darlin'... do you think you would be ok with taking your mask off? It'll make it easier." The injured boy seemed hesitant, but agreed.

"Ok... but you have to promise not to be mad." Harley nodded, watching as he pulled his mask off, revealing a familiar face.

"Peter?" Harley froze, staring into the eyes of his lover that had been there all along. Peter frowned.

"You promised..."

"No, wait." The southern boy retracted his helmet, smiling.

"Harls...?" Harley nodded, grinning. "This whole time?"

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too," the taller boy chuckled. Peter laughed with him. They made eye contact, connecting their lips after a second's hesitation. "I've been looking forward to that for a long time."

"Me too," the brunette agreed.

"Well... maybe we should take care of that leg?" Harley suggested. Peter looked surprised for a moment, nodding.

"Right."

it's kinda short haha oops

Requests?