Wheelchair

Request by Katie5K 

Haha angst sorry

also, this isn't meant to be offensive in any way, just a story written by a random teenager. I didn't really do any research for this one but I feel like it ended up ok, I don't mean any offense to anyone so sorry if anything might be a bit insensitive, I did what I could with my limited knowledge <3

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Ugh..." Peter mumbled, squinting. His vision was blurry, and all he could hear was a loud ringing in his ears. As his world came back into focus, and the ringing subsided into worried shouts. He blinked, looking into a familiar pair of eyes.

"Peter, darlin', can you hear me?" Harley was close to his face, speaking rather loudly. He looked anxious, gnawing on his lip worriedly. The brunette furrowed his brow, nodding. Harley sat down, relieved.

"What... happened...?" Peter wondered, groaning softly. Harley glanced to the side, frowning.

"You went on a mission by yourself... which was really stupid... and you-" Harley grimaced, swallowing thickly. "Um, you got hit out of the sky, and hit a building, like, really hard." Peter tilted his head. He felt ok... maybe a bit numb and out of touch, but fine.

"Oh. Well, how bad is it?" Harley looked away, forcing himself not to make eye contact with Peter.

"You're paralyzed from the waist down." In that moment, Peter's whole world stopped. Paralyzed meant he couldn't be Spiderman anymore... he couldn't be an Avenger. He couldn't stand, he couldn't run, he couldn't even walk.

"Harls," Peter's voice broke, breathing heavily. "Is it... is it permanent?" Harley sighed, turning back to face the brunette.

"We don't know yet," he whispered. Harley's face was streaked with tears, while Peter was on the edge of hyperventilating. Instead of trying to talk to him, Harley just climbed into the bed next to Peter, being cautious and gentle with the injured boy. They sat there for a long time, just crying quietly, not a word spoken between them.

Later, Bruce walked in, running a few quick tests. He, along with the rest of the Avengers, had left in a hurry after Peter was stable. They had to finish the mission, after all. Tony walked in as well, standing in the corner to survey the group.

"How'd the mission go?" Harley asked quietly.

"It was fine," Tony answered sharply, frowning. Bruce flipped through the pages on his clipboard, skimming quickly.

"Peter, I have some good news." The brunette looked up hopefully. "It isn't permanent. However... I don't know how long it'll last."

"What about school?" Harley questioned. Bruce offered a pitiful smile, dragging a wheelchair into the room.

"He'll have to be in a wheelchair for however long this lasts. That means at school, too." Peter stared at the wheelchair, expression unreadable. Harley wrapped his arms around Peter gently, leaning into the smaller boy.

"It'll be ok, darlin', I promise."

~

It was the first school day that Peter had his wheelchair, and saying he wasn't happy about it would be an understatement.

"Can't I just stay home another day? Please?" He pleaded, glancing at the wheelchair nervously. Tony sighed, shaking his head.

"You've already missed four days, Peter. You're going." Tony helped him into the wheelchair, and Harley came into the room. "And Harley will be there to help you, too." Peter crossed his arms, pouting angrily. Harley rubbed the back of his neck, standing behind the wheelchair to push Peter to the elevator.

They were driven to school, Happy grumbling about having to shove the wheelchair into the trunk. Peter's cheeks were hot with embarrassment and anger, and he stayed silent the whole way to school.

When they pulled up to the drop off, Harley got out to grab the wheelchair, setting it up before going to get Peter. The brunette was pretty unresponsive, a whirlwind of emotions coursing through him.

"Hey. It's ok," Harley said quickly, pushing the chair up to the school. In the hallways, people stared, hesitantly stepping aside. Harley and Peter were on their way to the principal's office to grab the elevator pass, since Peter couldn't exactly take the stairs. Harley took the pass, thanking the assistant with a smile before bringing Peter to his first period.

"Alright, I have to go to class too... you'll be ok?" It was more of a question than a statement, and Peter nodded. "Ok. I love you, darlin'." Harley kissed the top of Peter's head before heading to class, leaving Peter alone in calculus.

The class went by pretty quickly, especially since Peter just zoned out for the entirety of the period. He didn't have anyone to talk to, and he was sitting in the far back corner, isolated from the rest of the class.

When the bell rang, Peter struggled to maneuver his wheelchair inbetween desks, eventually making it out the door. Harley wasn't there yet, so he just waited by the door, minding his own business.

"What's this?" Peter looked up, internally groaning at the sight of Flash. "Penis... in a wheelchair? Ha!" He snorted loudly, smirking. "What a faker. I bet you don't even need it! You just want attention, don't you!?" Peter kept quiet, head down. He really didn't need this today...

"Nothing to say, huh Parker?" Flash sneered. "Why don't I help you out? Lets get you out of that chair..." Peter's head shot up, eyes wide. Flash put his hands against his back, pushing Peter out of his wheelchair.

"Wait, nononono- umph!" He hit the ground roughly, groaning. As expected, his legs were completely useless, and Flash looked mildly surprised. A small group of students were circled around them, watching the scene go down.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM!" A familiar voice roared. Peter saw Harley push his way through the circle, hands curled into tight fists. His whole body was tense, and the scowl on his face was terrifying. Flash held his hands up, stepping backwards.

"My bad, it was just a mistake!" Harley stood right in front of Flash, glaring down at him. The blond was seething with anger, and it was quite intimidating.

"Just a mistake?" Harley let out a short, bark-like laugh. "Yeah, I don't buy it. Now, you have two options here..." Harley thoroughly threatened Flash, ending with the bully running off to who-knows-where. When Harley turned to Peter, he no longer looked threatening, but worried.

"Harls-"

"Peter, darlin', I'm so sorry..." Harley was gentle with the brunette, helping him back into the wheelchair and worrying over him. "Do you want to go home? Maybe we should go home..." Peter swallowed thickly, nodding. He looked up at the southern boy, hugging him tightly. It was a bit awkward because of the chair, but it was incredibly meaningful to them both.

"Thank you, Harls," Peter murmured, voice breaking quietly. Harley didn't answer, just squeezing him tighter. When they broke the hug, Harley started to push the wheelchair down the hall to the front lobby, calling Happy while he walked.

"Thanks, Happy." Harley sighed, sitting on the floor next to Peter. "You ok?"

"Depends on what 'ok' is," Peter mumbled, staring at his lap with a frown.

"Yeah... fair enough." Harley was quiet after that. Peter sighed, holding his head in his hands. The blond put his arm up, setting it in Peter's lap as a sort of comfort. They sat in silence, Peter holding on to Harley's hand tightly.

When Happy pulled up, they went and got in the car (Peter had some assistance, of course) and were on their way back home. Peter sighed, leaning into Harley's side and closing his eyes peacefully. And they both knew it would be ok.

Uhhhh yeah sure lets go with that

Requests?