Like Humans Do

request by ArcticMarshmallow

ART IS MINE!!! i'm not much of an artist but I really wanted to draw one of them so... here's mer Harley (also this art is ONLY available on Wattpad... so that's cool ig)

i love mermaid aus so much

CW: kissing, suggestive content

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter swam up toward the surface of the water, cherry-red scales glinting underneath the ocean waves. He poked his head up, glancing around cautiously. There was no one around, so Peter heaved himself onto a large rock, laying across it with a content sigh. He closed his eyes, sunning himself. His long tail flipped up, slapping against the rock. This was nice.

~

Harley torpedoed through the water, jumping and diving back down happily. He loved sunny days like this, where the water was calm and warm. Well, that and the fact that he knew the other merman would be sunning himself on that big rock. Today was the day. Harley was going to talk to him.

As he approached the large rock, Harley slowed down. He poked his head up, the tiny fins on his ears wiggling for a moment. He stared at the other merman, taking a moment to admire him. The merman had a long tail coated in gorgeous red scales, the small patches of scales on his elbows and up along his temples turning to more of a royal blue color. He had such unique coloring, very different from Harley's golden-yellow scales. He only had one color, as most merpeople did. It only made him more curious about this other merman.

Clearing his throat, Harley swam up closer to the rock. The boy was asleep, almost completely dry in the sun. Even his hair was dry, short, fluffy curls with streaks of vibrant red and blue through them. Harley was mesmerized by the boy.

"Um, hello?" He called softly, tilting his head. "Hello?" The merman shot up, sitting up with a frightened look on his face. Upon spotting Harley, he seemed to relax slightly, but was still visibly on edge.

"Uh... hi?" He responded cautiously.

"I'm Harley." Harley stuck a hand out, smiling at the boy.

"...Peter." Peter accepted Harley's hand, shaking it briefly. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to talk to you," Harley answered truthfully. "Can I sit with you?" Peter's eyes narrowed, but he scooted over to give Harley room.

"Fine." Harley pulled himself up onto the rock with a grunt, letting his golden-yellow tail slap against the rock. He closed his eyes for a moment, sighing.

"I haven't sunned myself in a while," he admitted. "Sometimes I see you here. You always look so relaxed in the sun."

"What, you been watching me?" Peter asked, raising an eyebrow. Harley's eyes widened, waving his hands frantically as he tried to deny it.

"No, no! Not in like... a creepy way or anything! I just-" Peter cut him off with a sharp laugh, spiraling into light giggles.

"Sure, sure." He smiled, shaking his head. Harley thought Peter had the most beautiful smile he had ever seen. "What did you say your name was again?"

"Harley."

"Alright, Harley." Peter paused for a moment, giggling softly. "Are you sure you're not obsessed with me or something?"

"C'mon! I just kept seeing you here, and I wanted to talk to you..."

"Sounds like you're obsessed with me," Peter retorted, grinning. "But that's okay. I always say hi to my fans."