Infinity War

request by mowrkless

this physically pained me to write. do you have any idea how many times I just had to watch the scene to make sure I had it right? DO YOU?

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

TW: I'm sure you remember that Infinity War scene...

3rd Person P.O.V.

It was done. They had lost. Peter and Harley watched with horror as some of the Guardians of the Galaxy disintegrated, turning to dust. Harley turned around, closing his eyes. He had thought they were doing better than that... he thought they at least had a chance. But Thanos had done it, he had snapped away half of the universe.

"Harls?" Peter's voice was small, almost weak. The blond immediately turned back, eyebrows furrowing. Peter stumbled slightly, breaths coming in short heaves. He looked up at Harley slowly, a look of pure fear and horror on his features. "I don't feel so good..."

Oh god. Not Peter. Anyone but him.

"You're alright," Harley insisted, trying to remain calm. Maybe they would both be fine. Maybe Peter was just upset. They were both okay.

"I don't-" Peter stumbled forward, shaking his head. "I don't know what's happenin'..." Harley's eyes were wide, watching as tiny pieces started to flake away. "I don't-" Peter tripped forward, falling into Harley's arms. The blond held him close, feeling Peter's weight slowly lighten against him.

Harley felt words catch in his throat. Peter cried weakly in his arms, whole body shaking as his life was pulled from him.

"Save me, save me!" Peter sobbed, words dripping with fear. Harley couldn't bring himself to do anything, he was too overwhelmed. A few stray tears leaked from his own eyes.

"I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go!" Any volume Peter's voice had once held was gone. His body– or, what was left of it– was weak, more and more dusting up and floating into the atmosphere. "Harley, please. Please, I don't wanna go... I don't wanna go..." Peter's legs gave out from under him, a sharp gasp escaping his lips. Harley slowed the fall, laying the dying boy on the ground.

Small, pained sobs racked Peter's small form, eyes traveling up to the sky. Harley's hand rested against Peter's chest, not putting any pressure on him. He couldn't do anything. This was the end of the line.

Peter's sobs slowed, his body almost entirely still. His gaze lazily turned to Harley, pressing his lips together. Harley looked into Peter's eyes, seeing nothing but pain and sorrow in those beautiful baby browns. They seemed so much different than what Harley knew, from all their late nights and early mornings, the cheery and the devastated, all of the different emotions Harley had seen in those doe eyes would be overwritten by the haunting appearance of his lover in his final moments.

"I love you," Peter whispered, voice cracking softly. His chest was cracked into tiny flakes, most of them still in place. They both knew this was the end. "I'm sorry."

I'm so fucking done

i literally almost cried writing this and i don't really cry anymore soooo...

Also I'm currently listening to I Wanna Die by Harley Poe (great song, love it)