I Adore You

request by tijanak06 

Random fact: I think I might be in love with my friend

TW: sad emotional shit

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Darlin', I adore you."

All the Avengers living in the tower had heard Harley say those words to Peter. Not once did they ever hear the blond say "I love you" to the smaller boy, though. It confused them all, especially knowing how much the couple truly did love each other.

"Maybe they're waiting to say it?" Steve suggested. They were having a group meeting, sans Harley and Peter, of course.

"Yeah, maybe they're just scared of what could change," Clint agreed, nodding.

"No way. Have you seen the way those two look at each other? I've never seen two people more in love than them," Tony pointed out. Nat stayed quiet, watching with amusement as they all argued amongst themselves. She, of course, already knew the reasoning behind the phrase. She was a freaking spy, for gods sake.

She stood up, silently leaving the room. The rest of the Avengers argued over what they thought of the phrase, not even noticing the assassin walk out.

Nat knew what she needed to do. She made a beeline for Peter's room, knowing that he and Harley spent a lot of time in there together. She knocked (two horny teens in a room together... I can only hope one would knock first), and Harley answered the door.

"Oh, hi Nat," he greeted.

"Nat?" Peter echoed from inside the room. He appeared in the door frame next to Harley a few seconds later, grinning.

"Маленький паук (little spider), will you come with me for a minute?" Peter tilted his head curiously, following Nat down the hall to where the Avengers were having their meeting.

"What's going on?" Peter wondered, seeing the argument between Clint, Steve, and Tony, Bruce mostly watching from his seat. Nat cleared her throat, immediate silence falling over the room.

"Ask him." All eyes went to Peter, who looked confused and nervous.

"Kid, why does Harley say he 'adores you' instead of that he loves you?" Tony questioned.

"Well, um..."

*flashback*

"I love you, darlin'." Peter froze up, head whipping around to stare at Harley. The longer the silence lasted, the sadder the look on the southern boy's face got. After about a minute of silence, Harley stood up, nodding grimly. As he turned to walk out, Peter frantically grabbed his arm.

"Wait." He took a shaky breath, his eyes slightly watery. "Please, don't go."

"Are you going to say it back?" Harley asked, looking like a kicked puppy.

"I can't..." Harley nodded sadly, sniffling quietly.

"Why not?"

"I..." The brunette looked away, trying to blink the tears from his eyes. "I don't want to lose you. You mean too much to me, I can't..." Harley frowned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone I love dies," he blurted out, a few stray tears falling from his eyes. "My parents, Ben, May..." Peter looked straight into Harley's eyes. "I don't wanna lose you too."

"Oh, darlin'," Harley reached over and wiped the tears from Peter's cheeks. "You won't lose me. Ever. I promise."

"I can't, I really can't. I want to be able to say it, but..." The brunette trailed off, looking beat down. The taller boy thought for a moment.

"I adore you." Peter looked up, tilting his head curiously. When he realized what Harley meant, a soft smile crossed his features.

"I adore you too, Harls."

*end flashback*

"... and that's why we say 'I adore you' instead," Peter finished, eyes slightly watery. The Avengers, other than Nat (and Thor, since he wasn't there), were all gaping, and there were even some teary eyes.

"Thank you Peter. You can go back to Harley now, if you want." The brunette nodded, running off to his room.

"Harls!" Peter cried, running into the taller boy's arms.

"Hey darlin', what's going on?" Peter sniffled, hugging Harley tight.

"Nothing, just..." He looked up, smiling fondly at his boyfriend. "I adore you, Harls."

"I adore you too, darlin'."

I CAN'T THEY ARE JUST TOO CUTE AGHHH

Requests?