Abandoned

Uhhh I don't have anything to say really... Imma just start putting random things at the beginning of chapters to be obnoxious <3

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Harley had left for Tennessee three months ago.

After living in the tower with Peter for almost a year, the blond boy had to return home. It was horrible for Peter to have to watch his boyfriend of six months leave him, for who knows how long.

It broke him inside.

After Harley left, Peter was a wreck. He hardly ate, he didn't sleep, he couldn't be his regular happy, excitable self. He needed Harley, he needed to give and receive love like they had before the pair got separated.

Harley was Peter's addiction, and he was in withdrawal.

The three months he spent without Harley were some of the worst ones of his life. Peter was miserable, not having Harley there at night to calm his night terrors, or at meals, to remind him to eat, or just there, to make Peter feel good.

That was what he wanted. He wanted to feel again.

He couldn't understand it. The pair went from inseparable to... whatever they were know. Peter didn't know.

He hadn't spoken to Harley since the day he left. No texts, no facetimes, no calls, nothing. Peter was heartbroken. Why would Harley completely abandon him like this? It just wasn't fair.

So, you could imagine the whirlwind of emotions that swirled through Peter when he heard Harley's voice outside his door one afternoon.

"Darlin'?" The hair stood up on the back of Peter's neck. "You in there? Can I come in?" The brunette covered his ears with a pillow. No, no, no. It wasn't real, it couldn't be him. Harley was in Tennessee, living a life without Peter. A better life. "If you don't open this door, I'm coming in."

Peter ignored the voice outside his door. He must be imagining things again... or maybe this was just some cruel, sick prank being played on him. Much to Peter's surprise, the door was locked open, revealing an all too familiar face.

"... Harls?" He wondered suspiciously. The boy in the doorway grinned, dropping his bags in the hallway.

"I missed you so much, sweetheart," Harley smiled, running into the room to engulf Peter in a hug. His smile disappeared, however, when the broken boy on the bed held his arms out defensively, stopping Harley from hugging him. The blond frowned, his excited expression turning to one of hurt. "Darlin'?"

"Leave me alone!" Peter cried, shaking his head. "You- you're not real. You can't be real!" Harley felt his heart break. What had happened to this boy to make him so broken?

"Peter, darlin', I am real." Harley held out his arm, offering it to Peter. "See? I'm right here." The smaller boy cautiously reached out, touching Harley's arm. His eyes widened, immediately flicking up to stare Harley in the eyes.

"It's really you?" Peter questioned, distrust in his eyes.

"It's really me." Harley smiled, thinking he was in the clear. Peter's next question knocked the air right out of him.

"Why did you abandon me?" The brunette had tears in his eyes, skin slightly blotchy from an earlier crying session. Harley struggled to find the right words, a few tears escaping from his eyes as well.

"I didn't mean... it hurt too much. I couldn't stand being without you, darlin'. I missed you everyday, and I know I should've called, but I just-" Harley took a deep breath. "I didn't want to be taken away from you again." Both boys were crying, both tears of pain and tears of joy.

"You mean you still... love me?" Peter asked, confusion clear on his face.

"Yes, Peter, I still love you. And I never stopped loving you," Harley admitted. "I know what I did was really shitty, and I'm so sorry that I ever made you think that I didn't love you." The brunette nodded, sniffing.

"It was pretty shitty of you." he gave the tiniest of smiles, but it was enough. The taller boy carefully wrapped his arms around Peter, both boys melting into the hug.

"I missed you so much," Harley whispered. Peter smiled, leaning his head against the blond's chest.

"I missed you too, Harls." And although their relationship was far from healed, they were off to a good start. They would be able to return to their regular selves eventually, but for now, this was good enough.

I wrote this at 3 am in the middle of fucking nowhere so it could be a lot worse (ah what a throwback)

Requests?