Style

request by Itzzatlas

happy pride month still

yay uploads!

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Ned, truth or dare?"

"Um..." Ned hesitated, thinking. "Truth."

"Ugh..." Betty huffed, leaning back to rest on her palms. "Alright. What's the grossest thing you've ever done?"

"Oh... um..." Ned frowned, humming to himself. "Ooh, once when I was like, 8, I purposely wet the bed," he admitted. "But I only did it because I wanted to know what it was like! It was super gross and I hated it. Haven't done it since."

"That's disgusting!" Betty squealed, faking a gag. Ned smiled awkwardly, shrugging.

"You asked."

"And I regret it," Betty muttered, shaking her head. "Anyways! Ned, your turn."

"Hmm..." Ned looked around the circle of decathlon students, finally settling on his best friend. "Peter! Truth or dare?"

"Oh!" Peter exclaimed, eyes widening. "Uh... dare!"

"Ooh! Okay, I got one..." Ned grinned mischievously, pausing for effect. "Tomorrow you have to come to school wearing a completely new style! I don't care what it is, but it has to be significantly different than what you normally wear." A couple of the decathlon students glanced at each other, nodding.

"Alright," Peter agreed. "Tomorrow."

~

Tomorrow arrived, and the entire decathlon team was anxiously awaiting Peter's arrival. Harley, who wasn't part of the team, stopped to talk to Ned, asking why they were all standing outside.

"I dared Peter to change his style for a day," Ned explained. "We're all waiting to see if he actually did it." Harley nodded, joining the decathlon students in waiting for Peter.

A few minutes had passed, and Peter still hadn't arrived. They were about to give up when the roar of a motorcycle started to get louder, louder than someone just passing the school would be. They watched as the motorcycle pulled into the school lot, along the road, and up to the curb. The person was wearing a black helmet with the visor pulled down, plus a black leather jacket over a stylish tee and ripped black jeans. There were thick chains hanging from their waistband, partially covered by the leather jacket. The decathlon team (plus Harley) stared at the person, watching with anticipation as they pulled off the helmet to reveal...

"Peter?"

"The one and only." Peter was sitting further back on the motorcycle seat, legs straddling the bike. His helmet sat in his lap, one hand resting over it for balance. He looked very different– half of his hair was shaved off, he was wearing a bit of black smudged eyeliner, and was that a real piercing? "So, did I complete the dare?" He asked, grinning smugly.

"Uh- yes?!" Ned exclaimed, waving his arms in the air. "This is way more than I expected! You look so cool!" Peter nodded, smiling.

"Right? I was worried I would look dumb, but I actually kinda like this," he mused. "I think I look cool." His eyes went to Harley, widening slightly. "Oh, Harley... what do you think?"

"You look..." he paused, taking a deep breath. Peter had him completely transfixed, he literally could not tear his eyes away if he tried. "...incredible."

"You like it?" Peter wondered, tilting his head.

"Uh-" Harley swallowed thickly, nodding. "Yeah." Peter grinned, eyes crinkling.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed happily. Some of the decathlon team headed into the school, going to class. The only ones remaining were Ned, MJ, Harley, and Peter.

"Where did you even get a motorcycle?" Ned questioned, eyes slightly bugged out of his head still.

"I borrowed it. From, uh..." Peter glanced around, lowering his voice. "Auntie Nat."

"Woah... you're telling me this is Black Widow's motorcycle?!" Ned gasped, waving his hands around excitedly.

"Yes, now be quiet!" Peter shushed. "But yeah, it's super cool! I still can't believe she let me borrow it..." MJ was sitting against a post not too far from them, watching with a book in her lap.

"Hey, losers!" She called. "You know class starts in two minutes, right?" Ned and Peter looked at each other for a moment, then Ned ran off to class. Harley was still standing there, looking a bit awestruck.

"Harley?" Peter questioned, waving a hand in front of Harley's face. "Hello, earth to Harley?"

"Oh! Sorry, I- uh-" The blond stuttered, swallowing thickly. Peter raised an eyebrow, smiling lightly.

"Yeah?"

"It's just that- um- you look-" Harley took a breath, sighing. "You look really good." Peter smiled, giggling a little.

"So you've said."

"Uh- right. Sorry," Harley chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I've just never seen you like this. It's pretty cool." Peter nodded, Harley's eyes widening. "Wait, not that I didn't like your style before! I just- um-"

"Harley, it's okay!" Peter laughed. "I get what you mean. I do look pretty cool." Harley smiled, nodding earnestly.

"Very cool," he agreed. Peter smiled, eyes crinkling.

"Thank you." The bell rang, both boys looking at the school with a grimace. "Ah... we better get to class?"

"Probably, yeah," Harley shrugged. "Or... well, we're already late. What's the rush?" Peter nodded, leaning back on the motorcycle seat.

"Are you suggesting...?"

"Or we could... skip?"

"You know what?" Peter tilted his head, grinning. "Yeah. Hop on." Peter scooted all the way forward in the seat, putting his helmet on. "You're lucky I have an extra one of these," he mused, tossing Harley a helmet. The blond clipped the helmet on, straddling to sit behind Peter. "Hold on tight!" Harley's arms grabbed Peter's midsection, wrapping all the way around and keeping a tight hold. "Ready?"

"Ready," Harley confirmed. Peter revved the engine, pulling his feet up as the motorcycle pulled forward, out toward the street.

~

Ned and Betty sat in class, staring out the window. At the sound of a motorcycle engine being revved, they both perked up, watching as Peter left school– with a passenger on the back. Ned and Betty exchanged glances, smiling.

"Wanna bet that's-"

"Harley, yes. That's what I assumed," Betty finished. "I'm happy for them." Ned tilted his head in confusion.

"Wait, are they... going out?" He wondered.

"I sure hope so. They clearly like each other," Betty shrugged. Ned hummed, nodding slowly.

"Huh."

"They'd make a cute couple. And hey, maybe Harley will finally join the decathlon team," she mused.

"Maybe, yeah."

lol sorry for the abrupt ending but I'm in pain so whatever here's today's pride month upload