I'm Not Gay!

request by theoneandonlyM25 

*Peter isn't Spiderman*

I wrote the beginning and middle parts while in a REALLY bad state of mind, and the very end was written while I felt ok so um yeah, I think you can tell where the switch was made but maybe it's just me

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

CW: kissing

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter sighed, adjusting his bowtie. He and his dad, Scott, had been invited to one of Tony Stark's parties. Peter didn't really know why. What mattered was that he was going, and he had to fit in.

"Pete! C'mon, we need to go!" Scott yelled, waiting at the bottom of the stairs. Peter ran out, running a hand through his messy hair. It would have to do.

"Okay, I'm ready!" He and Scott went out to the car, driving to Stark Tower for the big celebration. Luckily, it wasn't a long drive, and soon enough, they were there.

"Alright." Scott turned to look at Peter, sighing. "Best behavior tonight, kiddo. This is a big deal," he reminded. Peter nodded, glancing down at his hands. "I trust you'll be able to handle yourself?" Peter looked up at his dad, nodding.

"Yeah." He cleared his throat, repeating himself. "Yeah. I'll be fine." Scott smiled, ruffling Peter's hair affectionately.

"Good. And hey, I heard Tony Stark's son might be there! He's around your age..." Scott grinned, giving his son a knowing look. Peter's skin flushed a soft pink color, an embarrassed groan escaping his lips.

"Dad..."

"I'm just teasing! Now c'mon, let's go!"

~

They had been at the party for about an hour now. Scott had easily found his way into a conversation, while Peter was stuck sitting on a couch, swirling his (non-alcoholic) drink lazily. He was beyond bored, and pretty lonely.

"Is this seat taken?" Peter looked up to see a taller boy, around his age, with dirty blond hair and dark blue eyes. Peter swallowed thickly, shaking his head and scooting over a bit to let the boy sit.

"I don't think I've ever seen you at one of these parties before," the boy mused, studying Peter's face. "There's usually not many minors. Pretty much all adults." He sighed, holding out a hand. "I'm Harley."

"Peter." Peter accepted Harley's hand, shaking it awkwardly. The blond nodded, humming.

"So, Peter, what brings you here tonight? This party isn't open to just anyone, you know," Harley commented.

"Oh... my dad was invited, and I guess I'm allowed to be here too?" Peter shrugged. "I don't even know why I'm here, to be honest. I'm not really having a great time."

"Hm. Well, if you want to hang out with me tonight, maybe we can turn that around?" Harley grinned, standing up and holding his hand out. Peter hesitated, eyebrows furrowed.

"Uhm... I don't know, I don't really know you, and there's a lot-"

"Look. I know we don't know each other, but it'll be fun! I could take you on a tour of the tower, if you'd like," Harley offered. Peter's eyes widened.

"Oh, I'm not doing that! It's not allowed, we're supposed to stay in the party area and-"

"Darlin'." Peter immediately stopped talking, blushing lightly. "I can take you wherever you want to go." Harley leaned in closer, whispering. "I'm a Stark."