Dysphoria

request by ItsaFandomThing1211 and heatheart2024 

Thinkin about starting more stories even though I have like 15 unfinished ones lmao (pls brain just stop)

Tbh idek what I just wrote but its fine

TW: ~dysphoria~

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter sighed, glancing at his reflection in the mirror miserably. His brain was quick to point out everything that was wrong with him, as usual.

Face

Jawline

Voice

Neck

Shoulders

Chest

Stomach

Hips

Thighs

Legs

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He hated this. What had he done to deserve this?

It didn't matter. He had to deal with it, as much as he didn't want to. He just wanted to be what society had deemed as "normal," like everyone else at school. He wanted to be known as something other than "the trans kid."

But no, he didn't get that kind of privilege. Instead, here he was, sucking in as he struggled to pull on his cheap binder- it was too small and made his chest ache and his lungs wheeze, but at least it made him flat. He'd settle for that.

Peter was always a quiet kid. He was shy, sure, but he also hated the sound of his voice. He was pre-T still, him and May just couldn't afford it yet. He still had a high pitched voice, and it was a huge source of dysphoria for him. Such a small thing, and yet it affected him so much.

Peter slipped on an oversized black hoodie, glancing down at the floor as he walked out of his room. He put on a pair of old sneakers, heading out the door to walk to school. His chest felt tight and sweaty, but he ignored it, as usual. Peter knew how bad this was for him, but frankly? He didn't care.

Once he arrived at school, he took a seat in the back of the classroom, putting his head down.

"We have a new student! Blah, blah, blah..." The words of his teacher faded into the background as Peter sat in the back, his mind a cesspool of self loathing.

"Hey, can I sit here?" Peter glanced up, seeing a tall blond boy smiling at him. He just waved his hand, putting his head back down. He didn't care. "Um, I'm Harley... I'm new here." Peter glared at Harley, sighing softly. He really just wanted to be left alone, why couldn't Harley just let him be?

As if Harley had heard his thoughts, he shut up, leaving Peter alone for the rest of class. But then the bell rang, and it was time for second period.

Gym class.

Now, Peter had always hated gym, even before he came out. But now? It was so much worse. And Harley was in his class as well, sticking by Peter's side for whatever reason. The brunette scowled, but didn't say a word. He was good at pushing people away, and soon enough, Harley would find new people to bother and everything would return to normal. Well, Peter's idea of normal, anyway.

"Alright, boys line up on the left, girls on the right! Today we start our swimming unit!" The gym teacher yelled loudly, and Peter felt his heart stop. Oh god, what was he supposed to do? He was lined up with the boys, but also... there was no way for this to end well for him.

Harley stood beside him, tilting his head. Peter was fidgeting and kept glancing at the door, as if he was planning his escape. Which, of course, he was. Wouldn't you?

So, when Peter ran, Harley followed him, trying to help the smaller boy with whatever he was going through. He found Peter slumped against the wall, head in his hands.

"Are you ok?" Harley wondered, standing next to him awkwardly. Peter looked up at him with tear stained cheeks, looking furious.

"Why can't you just LEAVE ME ALONE?!" He yelled, shock appearing on both their faces a moment later. Harley had never heard the boy speak before, but now that he had, he didn't know what to think. "Fuck... I-" Peter cut himself off with a soft sob, putting his head in his hands.

"It's ok, it's ok..." Harley hesitantly crouched down, placing a careful hand on Peter's shoulder. "I don't know you, and you don't know me... but I want to help. Seriously." The brunette looked up slowly, watery brown eyes staring into deep blue.

"Alright... I guess."

"Ok, good! What's bothering you, then?" Harley wondered, speaking softly. Peter felt a sob catch in his throat, swallowing it back down slowly.

"I can't do a swimming unit..." he mumbled, sighing.

"Care to elaborate?"

"I, um, I'm trans..." Much to Peter's surprise, Harley just nodded knowingly, smiling.

"We'll get you a note, ok? You don't have to do the unit if it makes you uncomfortable," he assured.

"You don't think of me differently?" Peter asked quietly. Harley shook his head, grinning.

"I barely knew you to begin with, but no. I don't understand exactly what you're going through, but I can relate, somewhat. I'm gay," he shrugged. "Coming out is hard, learning to accept yourself is hard, getting others to accept you is hard. But it can be easier if you have someone by your side." The blond held out a hand, helping Peter to his feet. "And I'd be honored to be that person for you."

"Yeah," Peter smiled lightly, nodding. "I'd like that."

Ahhhh that was kinda bad but idk

The weird thing is that I'm nonbinary, and a swimmer... idk but its like dysphoria just *poofs* away when I'm swimming??? But if I look at my reflection and see tit I will have a breakdown???? Wtf is this??????

Requests?