I Just Want to Protect the City

Request by shra_d05 

I'm so fucking sleep deprived

TW: scars, wounds, blood

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Harley had always been good about respecting Peter and his boundaries. The pair had been dating for a few months now, and they had been satisfied with just kisses and cuddles. They never went any further than that- Harley wouldn't mind going further, but he knew Peter was uncomfortable with things like that.

The brunette was a very private person. Harley knew he was Spiderman, and quite honestly, he thought he knew a lot about Peter, but a lot of that was based on assumption. He didn't think much of it when Peter would lock himself away, either in the bathroom or in his own room, because Harley knew Peter needed his alone time. He always chose to change in private, which is a fairly normal thing, and so nobody thought much of it.

Until one day.

Harley was coming back from the kitchen, and was heading to his room. On some sort of strange whim, he turned last minute, opening Peter's door without a single thought put into it. Immediately, he was frozen- not by temperature, but by shock. Peter stood in the middle of the room, only wearing a pair of sweatpants.

It wasn't Peter shirtless that made Harley freeze up like this. No, it was more of what Peter looked like. His torso was littered with fresh wounds, some still bleeding, some already scabbing over. There were large scars all over his body, including a particularly gnarly one twisting around the top of his back around to his stomach. Harley's hand flew to his mouth in surprise.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Peter muttered, jaw clenched. He was facing sideways, refusing to turn and look at Harley. The blond seemed to snap out of it, rushing closer to Peter and letting his hands hover above the smaller boy's skin. He pulled away immediately, however, when Peter flinched back.

"Peter, darlin'..." Harley trailed off, at a loss for words. Peter didn't add anything to the conversation, just gritting his teeth and staring down at the floor. "What... what happened?"

"Harley..." Peter warned.

"No, no, tell me what caused this," Harley demanded. "Please, I just want to help." It was quiet for a moment, before Peter sighed.

"Promise you won't get mad?" Harley frowned, but nodded in agreement.

"I promise."

"Alright, well... I've been patrolling a lot, because the crime rate has been so high lately... and when I stay out too long, I get sloppy with my work, and I make mistakes..." Peter trailed off, voice cracking slightly. "I just want to protect the city."

"How old are these?" Harley wondered, fingers hovering above a gash on Peter's stomach.

"Um, that one's from this morning. Most of them are just scars, though," he shrugged, wincing slightly. Harley's fingers traveled around, stopping over the large scar that went from his upper back to down around his side.

"This one too?"

"Oh, no. That's from a long time ago, an accident," Peter responded. Harley nodded, sighing.

"Alright, that's ok. Will you go and sit on the bathroom counter, please?" The brunette headed into the bathroom wordlessly, doing as Harley asked. The southern boy hummed a soft tune, searching through the cabinet until he found the first aid supplies, pulling them out and setting them on the counter next to where Peter was sitting.

"Are you ok with me cleaning these up?" Harley questioned, waiting for Peter's nod of confirmation before getting out the alcohol wipes. "This might hurt, but it'll help, alright?"

"Mkay." Harley gently pressed the wipe to one of the bleeding gashes on Peter's chest, a hitch of breath from the smaller boy causing him to grab Peter's hand and squeeze it as a show of support. Harley slowly wiped down all of the visible cuts and gashes, pressing a kiss to Peter's forehead when he was done.

"I'm going to wrap up the worst ones, so hopefully they'll heal correctly and there won't be any scars. Or..." Harley frowned. "Less of a scar, maybe." Peter merely nodded, letting the blond tape down bandages and gauze where it was needed, before standing back to admire his work. "Done."

"Thanks," Peter mumbled, avoiding Harley's gaze.

"Hold on, can we talk real quick?" Peter cringed, but agreed. "Darlin', I'm worried about you. You aren't taking care of yourself, with patrolling too long and not tending to your injuries..." Harley sighed. "I know it's not always easy, but if you ever- and I mean ever- need anything, you can come to me. I love you, and I hate seeing you hurt."

"I'm sorry," Peter murmured dejectedly. Harley shook his head, placing a hand on Peter's shoulder.

"Don't apologize, darlin'. I already promised you I wouldn't get mad, and I'm not, ok? I just want you to be safe and happy." His hand went to cup Peter's jaw, leaning in slightly. "Because I love you." Harley connected their lips, both boys melting into the kiss. It was nice, like all the bad things had just dissolved.

"I love you too," Peter smiled, after they had broken apart. "And I'm sorry for not telling you, I just... I thought I could handle it by myself."

"Yes, but darlin'," Harley reasoned. "You don't have to handle things by yourself. I'm always here for you, and so is pretty much anyone else in this tower. It's ok to ask for help sometimes," he assured. Peter hopped down from the counter, pulling Harley into a hug.

"Thank you." They stayed like that for a while, held in each other's comfortable arms.

"Darlin'?"

"Yeah?" Peter tilted his head.

"Why don't we go lay down, you seem pretty tired," Harley observed. Peter hummed, nodding. The pair went back into the room, cuddling together on the bed. Peter fell asleep quickly, and Harley wasn't far behind him. They both felt safe and protected, comfortable and happy with each other.

I think if I added another sentence the ending would be better but I'm so exhausted, I only slept like 1 hour last night for some reason :/

But anyways I'm still doing my best with updates and everything, I literally did 3 hours of homework for my stupid English class today and somehow managed to get this done too so that's nice