Sensory Overload

Request by ImAPotatoGetItGay 

This one's pretty short but its sorta angsty fluff (aka the best kinds of stories) and I think its cute sooooo

Random fact: I finally finished Schitt's Creek the other day and fuck it was so good (David's my favorite... obviously)

TW: panic attack/sensory overload

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter Parker, also known as Spiderman, was not having a good day. He woke up with a headache, choosing to ignore it to go out and fight crime. The web-slinging hero patrolled the city, per usual, helping old ladies cross the street and stopping muggers. After about an hour, he sat on the ledge of a building, giving himself some time to rest before finishing patrol. His head was still pounding, the aching starting to feel worse.

The usual NYC noise wasn't helping his head one bit, as expected. It got to the point where Peter was just about ready to give up on patrol and just go home. He groaned, dropping down into an alleyway and changing out of his suit and back into civilian clothes.

His hands were shaking, the sounds of the city echoing in his head. The cars stuck in traffic honked their horns, people chatted on their phones in the streets, the construction a few blocks away sounded like a buzzing in his ears. Normally, Peter's super senses were a blessing, but this morning, they felt more like a curse. He let out a cry, clapping his hands over his ears and sliding down against the brick wall of a building. His eyes were squeezed shut, hot tears leaking out.

"Woah, hey, are you ok?" A strange voice approached him, footsteps stopping in front of Peter. "Um... ok, try breathing in and out slowly, just try to relax..." The brunette sucked in a shaky breath, holding it for a second before blowing it out slowly. It helped, but it wasn't really enough. "Can I touch you?" Peter's eyebrows furrowed, but he nodded. A gentle hand rested against his shoulder, another hand resting on his knee.

"Alright, uh, keep doing that. Can you name one thing you can taste?" It was a strange request, but Peter thought about it for a moment, mumbling his answer to the stranger.

"Pizza." It had been his breakfast, just some leftovers he found in the fridge.

"Ok, good! Now tell me two things you can smell."

"Exhaust... and... pine trees?" The stranger chuckled softly.

"Ok, yeah. Three things you can feel."

"The ground... the brick wall... you..." Peter sighed, breathing more calmly.

"Good. How about four things you can hear?" Peter listened, trying to distinguish the mushed up sounds he was hearing.

"Uhhh... cars, a phone... people talking... and your voice."

"Ok, will you open your eyes for me?" The stranger wondered. Peter let out a shaky breath, opening his eyes slowly. He was met with the sight of the stranger, a tall, blond boy around his age. He had blue eyes and a kind smile, and he was crouched down in front of Peter.

"Oh-"

"There, ok, now five things you can see." The boy was mesmerizing, and Peter didn't really want to look away. Still, he didn't want to upset the stranger.

"Bricks, um... a dumpster. Clouds..." his gaze shifted back to the boy. "Blue eyes. And... your hand." The boy smiled, nodding.

"Good! Better?" Peter nodded, knowing he was staring at the stranger, but not really caring. The blond chuckled, taking his hands off Peter and offering one for him to shake. "Name's Harley."

"Peter," the brunette murmured, slowly taking Harley's hand.

"I saw you hit the ground, and, well, nobody was doing anything about it, so..." Harley shrugged. "People didn't seem to care. I'm sorry." Peter shook his head.

"It's Queens. Well, pretty much the whole city is like that... you're not from around here, are you?" Harley grinned, revealing a row of even white teeth. Oh, Peter was definitely still staring...

"Nope! Backwoods Tennessee, born and raised. I'm here to visit a... friend." Peter noticed the pause, squinting. "But I'd gladly walk you home, if you want. Seems like you were having a pretty bad..."

"Sensory overload," Peter filled in. Harley nodded.

"Right. Well, I'd like to make sure you get home safe, if you don't mind."

"Um..." Harley tilted his head.

"Problem?"

"Uh... well, I don't know if you'll believe it if I tell you..." Peter frowned.

"Tell me what?"

"Urm... where I live." Harley raised an eyebrow.

"And why is that?" He questioned. "Are you homeless? I'm sure you could come stay with me and my friend, at least for a few days." Peter nearly swooned at Harley's selflessness. This boy was practically a southern angel.

"No! No, I just-" he sighed. "I live in Stark Tower." Harley's eyes blew wide.

"No way." Peter opened his mouth to defend himself, but Harley just kept talking. "That's where I'm going! Tony invited me to stay for awhile, and I wouldn't turn that down..." He paused, eyes brightening. "Oh, you must be the kid he mentioned!" Peter's eyes widened.

"I- uh- wha-" he sputtered, shaking his head. "I... uh, did he say anything else about me?" Harley nodded, grinning.

"He said you were special," he stated. "And I know we just met, but I see what he was talking about." Peter blushed lightly, trying to hide his excited smile. Harley stood up, offering him a hand. "C'mon darlin', let's get you home."

Idk what anyone says, Harley smells like pine trees

part 2 next!!!

Requests?