Experiment 351

Requested by yarmy19 

Random fact: I have gray eyes, but I'm a total sucker for people with brown eyes 😅

Also!!! There's a smut ending to this mini series, I recommend reading parts 1-3 first before going over to the other book though <3

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Another one? All the cells are full... put him with Experiment 351." The guard nodded, pushing their newest prisoner into a small cell containing a young boy with messy, curly brown hair. The boy looked up, emotionless, as the blond was shoved roughly into his cell.

"Who are you?" He croaked, voice scratchy from disuse. The blond turned to face him, clear blue eyes staring back at his brown ones.

"I'm Harley, Harley Keener," the boy introduced, offering his hand. The brunette glanced at it, rustling his chained up arms. Harley frowned, lowering his arm awkwardly. "Who are you?"

"I'm Experiment 351." The brunette stated, a dull look in his eye.

"No, what's your real name?" Harley questioned. Experiment 351 shook his head.

"That is my real name."

"You mean... no one has ever given you a real, proper name?"

"Nope." Harley frowned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well... how about I give you a name? Would you like that?" Experiment 351 nodded slowly, a curious look in his eye. "Ok, how about... Peter? You look like a Peter to me." A smile grew on the brunette's face, a toothy grin of real happiness.

"Peter," he murmured softly. He met Harley's eye, nodding. "I like it."

"Good, I'm glad." The blond's smile faded, glancing around the small cell. "What do they do to prisoners here?"

"Nothing, most likely. HYDRA prefers not to bother with the prisoners, unless you have information," Peter answered, the blank look taking back control of his face.

"Oh, well I suppose that's not bad." Harley shrugged. "How long have you been here?"

"Forever." The southern boy cocked his head, squinting at Peter.

"What do you mean, 'forever'?"

"I was born here. My parents were both prisoners here. My mother died having me, and my father died of a broken heart." Harley scooted closer to Peter, placing a gentle hand on the brunette's leg. Peter flinched violently, causing Harley to scramble backwards.

"I thought you said they didn't bother with prisoners here." Peter sighed, averting his gaze.

"They don't. I'm not a prisoner, I'm their little lab rat," he spat, teeth gritted. "Everyday, they poke and prod, torture and inject, electrocute and stab." Harley frowned, concern for this total stranger in his eyes. "Some of their experiments work, like fusing my DNA with that of a spider. Others... didn't work." The blond looked horrified. "I'm their little mutant. They treat me like a monster, chaining me up and keeping me locked away from the world." Peter pulled on his arms, the chain pulled taut.

"That's awful," Harley murmured, shaking his head. He met Peter's eyes, determined blue staring into numb brown. Even though they had just met, they had a special connection, and Harley could feel it. "I'm gonna get you outta here, ok? You and I can see the world together." Peter tilted his head, confusion washing out the dull expression on his face.

"You would do that... for me?" The taller boy nodded. "Why? I'm just some... some freak in a jail cell." Harley shrugged, scooting closer to the brunette.

"There's something different about you, something unique. And I guess... maybe that's what I've been looking for." While maintaining eye contact with Peter, Harley slowly moved his hand toward the smaller boy, gently placing it on his outstretched leg. The brunette stared at the hand, breathing heavily. Peter started twitching, and Harley moved his hand away, trying not to overwhelm the poor boy. The curly-haired boy turned away, ashamed.

"Hey, hey, it's ok, you did a good job," the blond soothed, smiling at Peter. "I'm proud of you." The smaller boy whipped around, staring wide eyed at Harley.

"You're proud of me?" He questioned, voice small and innocent sounding, much unlike his scratchy, hoarse voice from before. Harley grinned, nodding.

"Yeah darlin', I'm proud of you." The tiniest smile appeared on the brunette's face, his cheeks dusted pink. It disappeared, however, when a HYDRA guard came up to their cell, holding a weapon and a set of keys. Peter immediately froze, eyes cast down toward the concrete floor. The door was unlocked, weapon aimed at Harley to keep him from escaping.

"Don't try anything, or face the consequences," the guard threatened. Turning back to Peter, he jabbed the weapon into the brunette's side, sending a volt of electricity through the teen. Peter shook violently for a few seconds before going limp. Harley gasped, eyes wide. The cuffs on Peter's wrists were unlocked, and he was carelessly draped over the shoulder of the guard. "Experiment 351 has been secured, over."

Harley was alone in the cell, pacing back and forth while trying to think of a way to escape this place. After what seemed like hours, the Peter was brought back in, with a bloody nose, burn marks, and small holes up and down his arms, probably from needles containing God-knows-what. He was chained back down, half conscious and incredibly out of it. Once the guard had left, Harley was immediately at his side, trying to help.

"Darlin'? Peter? Hey, hey, just keep your eyes open, ok? It'll be ok," Harley panicked, frantically looking over Peter's injuries. He wiped the blood away from under the brunette's nose, feeling the boy wince when his hand brushed over a fresh bruise. "Sorry," he whispered.

"'s ok," Peter mumbled. Not knowing what else to do, Harley sat down beside Peter, encouraging the exhausted boy to lay his head in his lap. The southern boy gently ran his fingers through Peter's messy curls, listening to the soft breathing of the sleeping boy in his lap. Harley smiled, glad that the smaller boy trusted him enough to fall asleep in his lap. Half asleep himself, Harley whispered:

"I'm going to get you out of here, no matter what it takes."

part 2 next!!

Requests?