Heat pt 2

request by BSA132 

It's still omegaverse... obviously

Random fact: hmmm well last year I was in algebra when the entire school had to evacuate to the gym/caf/auditorium bc of a bomb threat. I was sitting on the floor of of gym playing fucking mario kart tour, totally ok with possibly spending my last moments doing that

Anyway it ended up being an overreaction, somebody had written about "dropping a bomb" on the bathroom stall lmao I hate my school

***this chapter takes place after Peter's heat is over, basically there was a smut chapter inbetween this one and the last one***

TW: barf and fainting, references to šëggş

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter woke with a yawn. His heat was over, and he was on his day of recovery, getting some much needed rest. Harley was asleep beside him, curled around a pillow. The blond was recovering as well, after entering a rut on Peter's second day of heat. With the combined raging of hormones, the pair had gone at it almost 25 times during that one week. Now, they had both come back to their senses, Peter feeling a sense of dread.

"Harls?" He shook the alpha, eyes wide and darting around.

"Hmm?"

"Something's not right..." Harley sighed, flipping over to face Peter.

"Yeah, we aren't incredibly horny. What, you aren't going to get rid of me after all that, are you?" The brunette shook his head quickly.

"No, no, that's not it. I-" he was cut off by a gag, making a run for the toilet and spilling his guts out. That caught Harley's attention, getting the southern boy out of bed.

"Oh, darlin'..." Harley rubbed gentle circles into Peter's back as he threw up. "Maybe we weren't careful enough?" The smaller boy froze, bringing his head up.

"What do you mean?" He asked, staring wide-eyed at the wall.

"Aren't omegas at higher risk for sickness when in heat?" Peter visibly relaxed, nodding.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's probably it..." Harley frowned, squinting suspiciously.

"Wait, what did you think I meant?" The omega shook his head.

"Nothing, can we just... I just want to lie down." The southern boy nodded, helping Peter rinse his mouth before carrying him back to bed. Now, Harley was curled around the sick boy protectively, nuzzled into Peter's neck. He frowned, noticing a difference in Peter's scent. It wasn't the same scent from before his heat, it was slightly different, heavier somehow. Both of them fell back asleep, with anxiety-ridden dreams.

The next day, it was time for them to go back to their normal lives. Harley reluctantly left Peter's apartment to get ready for work. The brunette worked at a cute little store, while Harley had a boring desk job.

"I'm jealous, this store is adorable..." Harley remarked, looking around the store Peter worked at. "Well, darlin', looks like I'll see you later tonight." Peter nodded, watching Harley leave and feeling a pang of sadness. He knew they would see each other later, but part of him just wanted to be with the alpha all the time.

"Hey, Peter!" His co-worker, Betty, called, waving to him. "You're back! And with a mate, I see." The brunette flushed pink, feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah, yeah, ok." Peter sighed. "Yes, I have a new mate. He found me in heat, and well-"

"I don't need to hear about the sex stuff, I just want to know how all that happened!" Peter rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, chuckling.

"Ah, well, without the sex stuff, there isn't much to tell..." Betty frowned. She was a beta, dating another beta, Ned. Ned and Peter became fast friends, and they were also friends with an alpha, MJ. MJ was dating a beta, Shuri, and together, the five of them made quite the group. Peter was the only one without a mate for a long time, but now that would change.

"Fine. Just tell me everything!"

After a long explanation (details were spared, for Betty's sake), the beta seemed a little suspicious.

"Hold on. During all of... that, you used a condom, right? Or are you on some form of birth control?" Peter cringed.

"No, we were just so caught up in the moment..." He frowned, voice dropping to a whisper. "I threw up this morning, and it was my first thought. I'm afraid of how Harley's going to react..." Betty nodded, determination slipping over her features.

"Do you think he would be mad?" Peter shrugged.

"I don't know. I honestly don't know that much about him, but I do really like him as a mate. I think it could work." Betty nodded.

"Mhm. And with pups in the mix?" Peter frowned.

"I don't know..."

"Alright, ok, don't panic. First things first, you need to find out if you're actually pregnant before figuring out what to do." She looked around the store. "It's slow today, go buy a test. I'll cover for you."

"What would I do without you?" He smiled nervously, leaving to go to the general store down the street. He picked up two different pregnancy tests, feeling awkward under the stare of the cashier. He was an alpha, Peter could tell by his scent. The brunette was out of there as quickly as possible, getting a bad vibe from the way the alpha had been looking at him...

Back at the store, Peter and Betty went to the bathroom, Betty waiting outside while the omega went into the stall. They were silent, waiting for the time to be up before checking the small screen. Peter looked at both tests, seeing the small, but unmistakable, "+" on both. He promptly fainted, Betty catching his head before it hit the floor. She saw the results, nodding. She could tell something was off with the small boy as soon as he entered the store, hoping it was just from having a new mate. I'm a way, she was right, but this was so much bigger then that.

Peter woke up a few minutes later, groaning. Betty was standing over him, holding two pregnancy tests, both positive. His blood ran cold, eyes wide with shock.

"I'm pregnant...?"

part 3 next!!

Requests?