Sharpie

Request by Warehouse12_Agent 

Sorry updates have been slower lately :((

This is a soulmate au where anything your soulmate draws on their skin shows up on yours as well

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter absentmindedly scribbled a note onto his hand, blue ink sinking into his skin. He hated to draw on himself, especially in something difficult to wash off (god, if only he had brought something other than a blue sharpie...), but he really didn't have anywhere else to write it down.

"Thanks again, I won't forget. See ya!" He grinned, waving at his friend. Peter walked to his locker, glancing at the ink bleeding across his skin like watercolor paint. He sighed. He really wished it hadn't been sharpie. Luckily, his note was still somewhat legible, so he would be fine. It just wasn't very pretty to look at.

~

Harley watched with mild interest as blue letters appeared on the back of his hand, ink bleeding and making the note a bit of an eyesore. Squinting, he was able to make out the thick lettering, eyes widening with surprise.

It was an address. And not just any address, either- no, Harley was fairly certain this address led to somewhere in the city.

And underneath the address, there was a date and time- Thursday at 3 pm. It was almost too perfect.

Now, Harley wasn't sure if his soulmate meant this message for him or not- it certainly wasn't unheard of, soulmates finding each other by deliberately meeting up- but so far, his soulmate had been pretty ignorant of Harley's presence.

It wasn't that Harley hadn't tried to communicate, he certainly made an attempt. Through neatly written out messages across his arms, asking questions in hopes his soulmate would respond. Just a small glimpse into their life was all Harley wanted.

So, when he read the note scrawled across his hand, Harley was a little skeptical. But then again... he was desperate to learn more about his soulmate and what they were like.

So on Thursday, around 2:55 pm, Harley arrived at the address hastily drawn on his skin. Thankfully, it was a local restaurant, and not somebody's house. Now that would've been hard to explain.

He glanced around the small restaurant, looking for potential soulmates. There were quite a few older people, which helped narrow his search down to six or seven people around his age.

It was a few minutes past three when a boy stumbled in through the door, looking quite embarrassed. He sat himself at a table with another boy, one Harley recognized. Ned Leeds, he and Harley had English together last year. He didn't recognize the boy who just ran in through the door, however.

Harley looked at him closely, squinting at the boy. They weren't seated too far apart- Harley was a few tables away from the pair- but what Harley was looking for, specifically, was a little difficult to see from a distance.

And so, against his better judgement, Harley got up to go talk to the boy.

"Hey! Ned, right? Didn't we have English together last year?"

"Miss Dubois? I hated that class," Ned wrinkled his nose. Harley nodded, chuckling.

"I'm Harley," he introduced, smiling brightly. Turning to the other boy, he added: "I don't believe we've met?"

"Is it your goal to know everyone in this restaurant?" The boy asked jokingly, smiling smugly.

"So what if it is?"

"I'm Peter," the boy greeted, smiling softly. He put his hands on the table, looking up at Harley. The faded blue sharpie on his hand caught the blond's attention immediately.

"So, Peter, I see you like to write in blue sharpie," Harley pointed out, truing to choose his words carefully. He couldn't just come right out and say he had come to this restaurant to find Peter, that might seem desperate and creepy. No, he had to ease into it.

"Oh... well, not really. It was all I had to write with," Peter shrugged, rubbing at the faded blue ink with his thumb. "I really wish it hadn't been sharpie... it's taking forever to wash off." Harley smiled, nodding.

"I totally understand. You know, funny thing, my soulmate wrote something in sharpie a few days ago, and it hasn't washed off yet either." This was it. Harley let out a breath, putting his hand down on the table next to Peter's. There was an audible hitch of breath.

"What...?" Peter shook his head, struggling to comprehend this. "You- we're... we're soulmates?" Harley nodded, smiling softly.

"Seems like it, darlin'." Peter blushed, staring at the matching blue sharpie stains on both their hands. It was almost too good to be true.

"Um... ok, I don't mean to interrupt or anything, but we haven't ordered yet and I'm REALLY hungry, is there any way for you two to pause this real quick?" Ned gestured at a waitress, coming up from behind Harley. Him and Peter laughed, the brunette scooting over to make space in his side of the booth for Harley to sit.

"That works too," Ned shrugged, ordering some food from the waitress while Harley and Peter chatted briefly.

"So... you two are soulmates?" Ned wondered.

"Pretty sure, yeah," Harley responded, smiling at Peter. Ned nodded, smiling.

"Cool." There was an obvious tension between the trio, and Harley knew what he had to do.

"I really should be going. Do either of you have a pen?" He asked, standing up. Peter chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I have a sharpie?" Now it was Harley's turn to chuckle.

"Of course you do." He accepted the sharpie from Peter, rolling up his sleeve and writing something down. "Thanks. See you around, soulmate." The sharpie was returned, and Harley left the restaurant. Dazed, Peter pulled up his sleeve, reading what Harley had written.

Call me ***-***-****

The brunette grinned, quickly adding Harley into his contacts. Well, I guess he knew his soulmate now...

Idk if any of that made sense but its 3:30 am and I really don't want to go back and read it over so oh well

Sharpie pls sponsor me I beg

And y'all should follow me so I can get to 1k 😳😳