Deserve

Request by SymphonicSynth 

Random fact: I got into fanfiction because I was upset with how a show ended... I was 11 lmao

sorry cause I'm about to cause more pain

TW: self harm, mentions of sex, bullying

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Peter winced, dragging the blade across his wrist.

"Hey look everybody, it's Penis Parker!"

Blood appeared in a thin red line, then began to drip from the self-inflicted wound.

"Nobody loves you, Penis."

He glanced at it for a second, seeing how well it lined up against the faded white marks that littered his wrists.

"You're so worthless."

A sob caught in Peter's throat. How did it come to this?

"Heyyy, Harley, baby, why don't you drop the loser and come on a date with me instead?" Flash leaned in closer to the blond, smirking. "You'd get a lot more action with me... if ya know what I mean."

He swallowed thickly, salty tears dripping onto his cuts and causing him to hiss with pain. Sure, Harley had said no, but that didn't stop Flash. Oh no, now he would go straight for Peter.

"You don't deserve someone like Harley. You're nothing."

Peter had started believing Flash's words, often finding himself locked in the bathroom with his blade. It didn't matter that Harley had turned Flash down, it didn't matter that Harley had insisted to the brunette that he loved him, and only him.

Because Peter didn't deserve someone like Harley.

At least, that's what he believed. He quickly became more and more submissive, constantly offering to suck Harley off or to have sex, even when he didn't want to. And Harley? He wasn't stupid. He could tell something was wrong with his adorable, doe-eyed boyfriend, but Peter always insisted that everything was normal, and would you like to go to the bedroom? Harley always accepted, feeling hurt that Peter didn't trust him enough to tell him the truth, but hoping that maybe the closest act of intimacy would bring them together.

But it never did.

Harley wasn't giving up that easily, however, and that's how he found himself knocking on Peter's door one night, half expecting the brunette to open the door, cower, and offer to completely submit to whatever Harley wanted to do.

But there was no response from behind that closed door. The southern boy frowned, knocking again and calling out softly. Still no response.

"FRIDAY, unlock the door. Get an override from Tony if you have to, just get it open." He heard the the lock click right after, barging in to find-

An empty room?

Wait, no. The bathroom door was closed, presumably locked as well. As Harley approached the door, he heard the lock click again, without having to ask. But the blond didn't just open the door, he knocked and called for his boyfriend first. The response was dead silence, which was concerning enough for Harley to go in.

"Peter, darlin', I think we need t-" he froze, a hand flying up to his mouth in shock. Peter was passed out on the floor, streams of crimson painting the floor around his wrists. "FRIDAY!?"

"Blood loss. The bleeding must be stopped, or Mister Parker will not make it. Several Avengers have already been contacted and are on their way to the med bay, which I suggest you bring Mister Parker to immediately." The blond nodded, eyes wide as he scooped up his ghostly pale lover, running to the med bay.

"HELP!" he cried, carrying a half-dead Peter in his arms. Harley blinked, and suddenly he was on the ground, a concerned Clint sitting him up and draping a blanket over his shoulders.

"Woah, woah, just try to calm down, relax..." Harley shook his head, glancing around for some sort of hint that Peter was alright.

"No, no, PETER!" He screamed, grabbing onto his head tightly. "Nonononono..."

"Hey, buddy, it's ok, Peter's going to be ok," Clint tried to soothe the southern boy, speaking quieter than he usually did. Harley looked up at him, silently pleading for more information. "You did a good job, you brought him here and they were able to stop the bleeding and give him a transfusion, Peter's going to be ok."

Peter's going to be ok.

Harley calmed down quickly after that. Apparently after he had brought Peter to the med bay, Harley had fainted, and had been out for nearly 45 minutes. In that time, Peter had been brought back to a stable condition, thanks to a blood transfusion from blood he had given earlier that year (since his DNA was different, they just wanted to be safe). He still hadn't woken up yet, but Bruce and Tony were already discussing how to deal with this. Obviously, they had seen the cuts and scars that littered the brunette's skin, and they had to figure out the best way to heal him.

"Oh, good, you're awake." Harley looked up to find the attention on him. His cheeks heated up with embarrassment, all those eyes watching him after fainting...

"Yeah... how is he?"

"Physically? Stable. Mentally..." Bruce sighed. "We don't know. Do you know what could've caused him to do this?" Harley shrugged, shaking his head.

"I wish I did..." he frowned.

"Alright, well, you should be the one to talk to him when he wakes up. He's more likely to trust you with whatever's bothering him." Harley nodded sadly. He hoped Bruce was right, he hated to see his boyfriend so troubled and in pain. He took a deep breath, blowing it out in a short puff of air. Harley hated the waiting games, never knowing when Peter would wake up from his seemingly endless trips to the med bay.

He walked into the room, nose wrinkling at the sight of his boyfriend unconscious and hooked up to a bunch of machines. He pulled up a chair, grabbing onto the tips of Peter's fingers (there was a thick layer of gauze that covered part of his hand).

"Why would you do this...?" Harley mumbled sadly, resting his head on the bed as he played with Peter's fingers gently. He felt a few tears drip off his nose and onto the bed, making a small wet spot next to his face. He closed his eyes, sniffing and sighing.

When Bruce came in to check on Peter's vitals, the corners of his lips turned upwards slightly. Harley was asleep, head resting awkwardly on the bed, fingers entwined with Peter's. He was grateful that Harley was there, obviously caring deeply for Peter and always willing to help him out. He checked on Peter quickly and quietly, sneaking back out to tell Tony about the sleepy scene in the med bay.

part 2 next!!!

But be grateful for that softer ending, I was feeling generous (and lowkey like really sad but uhhhh anYWAYS)

Requests?