Fixer-Upper

request by a_pansexual_person

sorry I took so long but here you go

also!!! consider checking out my song book if you haven't already? I'm uploading my cover of Sweater Weather later today :)

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Where are you taking me?" Peter grumbled, picking at the blindfold tied over his eyes. Harley, who was driving, slapped his hand away gently, tsking.

"No peeking! We're almost there, just let me surprise you!" Peter crossed his arms, sulking in the passenger seat.

"You're so extra," he muttered. Harley snorted, shaking his head playfully.

"And you're dramatic." He pulled off the road, parking the car. "We're here, stay there and I'll help you so you don't fall- don't take off the blindfold yet!" Harley jumped out of the drivers seat, running to the other side and opening the door for his boyfriend, taking Peter's hands and guiding him through what felt like a grassy area.

"Harls-"

"No, no, just a little further..." The southern boy was grinning widely, stopping to gently pull off Peter's blindfold. The brunette let out a loud gasp of shock, jaw dropping as he stared at the surprise.

In front of the pair stood a large, beaten down house. It had a huge yard, surrounded by trees on every side. In fact, there was no sign of any neighbors, none close enough to see anyway. The house itself boasted a two car garage, along with a dirty, broken wrap around porch.

To most people, the house would seem like a piece of garbage. But Peter had mentioned something about wanting to do a "fixer-upper" project someday, and Harley- Harley had listened. Not only that, but he showed how much he cared. The house was perfect.

"Oh my god-" Peter sucked in a breath, still in disbelief. Harley smiled nervously.

"Do you like it? I know it looks pretty bad now, but-"

"I love it. It's perfect, thank you!" He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around the blond. "I can't believe we actually have our own house... together..."

"Yeah," Harley murmured in agreement. "Well, we've been living together for nearly a year now... and you said you wanted to have a fixer-upper house, so I thought... 'hey, why not?' and here we are!" Peter giggled softly, leaning into his boyfriend's side.

"Should we take a look inside? See what needs to be done?" He questioned softly, staring at the rundown house. It was strange to think of the building as theirs, after nearly a year of renting an apartment. This was their house, and they could change it as much as they wished to- and they definitely planned on changing a few things.

"After you, darlin'," Harley offered, bowing a little and gesturing towards the door with a sweeping hand. Peter rolled his eyes, grabbing the blond's outstretched palm and dragging him inside, being mindful of the rotting porch wood.

Inside the house, they were met with a gorgeous winding staircase leading up to the second floor. At least, it would be gorgeous, once it had some work done. But, for now, it was solid enough to be safe, and that was what mattered.

Past the staircase was a hall that led to the kitchen, with a bathroom connected to the hall- without a door, oddly enough. They would have to fix that.

Peter examined the kitchen, running a finger along the dusty countertops. He looked up at Harley, eyes wide.

"I can't wait..." He murmured, smiling softly. "Thank you Harls, I love you so much."

"I love you too."

~

A week had passed, and Harley and Peter were working on fixing up the kitchen to make it usable. Harley was trying to hammer a nail into the wall, but he was hesitating. Peter looked over at his boyfriend, dropping his piece of sandpaper with a sigh.

"Oh my god, just pound the nail into the wall already!"

"I- I'll pound you into the wall!" Harley exclaimed, frustration clear in his tone. They both froze, Peter staring at Harley while Harley stared at the wall.

"...Harls?"

"Yeah?" The blond replied nonchalantly, almost as if he hadn't said that.

"I- are you-" Peter sputtered, shaking his head. "Just- just do what you're supposed to do." Harley blushed a little, hammering the nail into the wall with pink cheeks.

"Well... since I already said it, do you want to..." The blond raised an eyebrow, shrugging awkwardly.

"Harley. Where? There's no bed, and most of the house is pretty dirty..." The smaller boy sighed. "And I really don't want to go back to the hotel..." Harley nodded.

"Well..." He looked to the side. "My car is just out there..." He pointed out the window at the small compact car sitting in the overgrown driveway.

"Harley."

"Ok, ok. I'll get back to work." He held up his hands in mock surrender, turning back to continue his work. Peter stepped over broken countertop, wrapping his arms around Harley's middle.

"Once we get this place fixed up, I promise to give you the night of your life," he murmured, head pressed against Harley's back. "Until then, can we please focus? I really hate staying in the hotel."

"Of course, darlin'," Harley chuckled softly. "If that's what you want to do, I'm fine with that."

"Good. Now get back to work!"

this won't be uploaded for a few hours (fuck school wifi) but I'm sitting in AP bio writing this lol

also unrelated but I bought stardew valley like 4 days ago and I already have an ungodly amount of hours on it