Infected

Request by Ghostspider110

I changed the request a lil but it's generally the same

Random fact: idk uhhhhh... well most of my covers are handmade (digital but still)

TW: gore, tough decisions with consequences... yeah this one is royally fucked up

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Anyone who is bitten will become infected within an hour. If you or a loved one is bitten, it is best to kill them before they turn. Stay safe, and avoid the infected at all cost." Harley held Peter close to his chest, watching the news broadcast. A few weeks before, a lab experiment went horribly wrong, ending with eleven infected people roaming the streets aimlessly, biting others and infecting them as well.

They weren't exactly zombies, per say, but they weren't not zombies, either. Let's just say you didn't want to be around them without a weapon.

"Harls," Peter frowned. "We're out of milk."

"I can go get some." Harley stood up. The brunette stood up too, eyes determined.

"I'm coming with you."

"No you're not. I don't want you getting bitten," the southern boy shook his head, grabbing the baseball bat by the door. Peter followed defiantly.

"I don't want you getting hurt either. It'll be easier with an extra set of eyes," he pointed out. Harley sighed.

"I guess..." He handed Peter the bat, grabbing the longest knife they owned from the kitchen. "But please be careful, ok?" The smaller boy nodded, both of them quickly leaving the house, keeping a quick pace as they walked to the store. The store itself was abandoned, but the electricity was still on, so Harley and Peter started grabbing jugs of milk. It was going fine until the door opened.

"Look out!" Peter yelled, jumping to hit the infected with his bat. His timing was a little off, and instead of smashing in a skull, yellowed, rotting teeth bit into his hand. Peter immediately collapsed, eyes wide as his body started convulsing.

"PETER!" Harley swiftly cut off the head of the infected, dropping to the ground to frantically inspect the bite. It was red and inflamed, a greenish color starting to spread through his veins. "No, no, no, c'mon!" Peter's head tilted to the side limply, eyes slipping shut. Harley scooped up the smaller boy, running through the streets to their home, milk forgotten. The limp boy was laid across a table, slowly coming to.

"Wha...? Harls?" His voice was slow and unaware. He grimaced. "Hurts."

"Yeah, I know darlin', I know." Harley bit his lip. The green in Peter's arm had only spread as far as his forearm... maybe there was still hope? "It's gonna hurt a lot more soon, but it'll be worth the pain, ok?" His voice broke toward the end. Was he really about to do this?

Harley gathered his supplies, towels, cloth, a sharp saw... he had no choice. He couldn't kill his boyfriend, or let him become one of the infected... this was the only way.

He placed the towels under Peter's upper arm, tying the cloth just underneath his shoulder, making it tight. Nodding, Harley grabbed a roll of bandages and placed them nearby. Peter was losing circulation to his arm slowly. The blond sanitized the saw as best he could, moving the infected arm away from Peter's body.

"I want you to take a deep breath for me, in and out, nice and slow." The brunette did as told, breathing deeply. "Good, keep doing that, and turn your head toward the wall." Harley took a deep breath himself, pressing the teeth of the saw into the skin. "Alright, don't look at what I'm doing, no matter how much it hurts." Peter nodded, completely unaware.

Harley applied force, sawing back and forth into Peter's arm. A loud cry escaped the brunette, wailing and screaming. Harley pushed on, beginning to tear up. Peter's screams killed him inside, but he couldn't stop now. He cut to the bone, sawing with all his strength. When Peter's screams stopped, Harley started working faster and more frantically, hoping the smaller boy was just passed out.

He was almost there, just cut through the last bit of flesh... The severed arm dropped onto the towels, staining them with blood. In fact, most of the things around them were stained or splattered with Peter's blood. Harley dropped the saw with a cry, quickly collecting himself enough to wrap up where the brunette's arm used to be. He checked Peter's pulse nervously, sighing with relief at the faint beating under his fingers.

The layers of bandage on Peter's missing limb were thick, which would hopefully keep at least some of the blood in. Harley couldn't do anything more until the smaller boy woke up, so he decided to stress clean. Tears in his eyes, the southern boy started wiping up the bloody mess in their kitchen.

After a half hour of intensive cleaning, the blood was mostly gone, the whole house smelling of bleach. Harley glanced over at the severed arm on the table, feeling his breath hitch. What was he supposed to do with an arm? He couldn't just throw it out... but it was infected... but it belonged to Peter.

He looked closer at the infected arm. The skin was pale and dead, with a greenish tint to it from the infection. Peter wouldn't want to look at that. Harley wrapped it in the bloody towels, tossing the whole package down to the city streets below. He turned back to hear a soft groan.

"Peter?" The southern boy questioned. Peter opened his eyes slowly, looking absolutely miserable.

"...Harls?" He sounded groggy, trying to push himself into a sitting position. He fell sideways, slowly realizing something was missing. "Arm...? Arm... ARM!" Peter screamed, flailing around. Harley ran to the terrified boy, wrapping his arms around the brunette.

"Shhh, shhh," he whispered, rubbing Peter's good arm comfortingly. "You were bitten, remember? This was the only way to save you." The smaller boy's eyes were wide with shock and fear, shaking his head rapidly.

"No... no, this isn't real... wake up, wake up!" Both boys were holding back tears, Harley trying to hold Peter down while he freaked out.

"I'm sorry darlin'."

"My arm..." Peter mumbled miserably.

"Are you in pain?" The southern boy questioned.

"A little." Harley nodded, letting go of the brunette to grab a painkiller. He handed it to Peter, watching him fumble with the cap before Harley reached over and opened it.

"You're probably still in shock. It'll hurt more later, so take some of these," he instructed. Peter nodded, dry swallowing two of the pills. He leaned back against Harley numbly, feeling the blond's hands gently massage his head. Peter closed his eyes, trying to relax in Harley's lap. He would have to get used to this, but at least he knew Harley would be there for him.

Requests?