16│A LONG WALK TO PITTSBURGH, PT. 1

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʟᴋ
ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴛᴛsʙᴜʀɢʜ, ᴘᴛ. 𝟷 ꒱

❝ WELL IT WAS A PRETTY
CRUMMY CONCLUSION ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"And that's why Sno-Caps are the best movie snack," Juliet finished as she leaned over to steal a fry from her best friend.

Shawn gave her an amused look. "I wasn't arguing your point, y'know," he told her, copying her gesture and stealing a fry in return.

"I know, but I've been thinking about my claim for some time so I needed someone to hear me out," she said with a shrug.

"Well, I think your reasoning is very sound," the boy agreed, attempting to snatch another fry. He was unsuccessful this time as the redhead slapped his hand away.

"Mine."

"You stole from me!"

"Only once," Juliet reminded him haughtily. "That's why I let you take a replacement. Eat your own food."

He huffed and turned back to his meal. "But stealing your fries makes them taste better."

She stuck her tongue out at him childishly. "Shush and have your sub-par fries."

Shawn sighed and reluctantly accepted defeat. The two were sitting in their usual booth at Chubbie's on Sunday night. The restaurant was slightly crowded with students enjoying the last night of the weekend much like they were. They'd fallen into a comfortable habit of spending the weekends mostly by themselves and not talking at all about it to Cory or Topanga, who they knew would meddle in their relationship— or lack thereof.

"Now then," Juliet continued, "the best TV-show watching snack is popcorn but you aren't ready for that debate yet."

"Am too!"

"Alright," she said with a faint smirk, "popcorn usually lasts half an hour to an hour and most TV shows run that long. Additionally, you can fast forward through the commercials if you prerecord them and you don't have to watch all of the coming attractions. At the movie theater, your popcorn is usually gone before the movie even starts."

"Good point. And at home, the popcorn stays hot right up until you eat it since it's made right before you want it. They do their best at the movie theater but it's not always fresh."

"The downside is that homemade popcorn seems to lose its heat pretty quickly despite its freshness," Juliet pointed out, "somehow, movie theater popcorn stays pretty hot."

"True," Shawn conceded, "and you can't sneak popcorn into a movie theater as easily as you can Sno-Caps and it's always way more expensive to buy there."

"Exactly," the redhead nodded, "it's not like you can hid a microwave in your tote bag."

"Ri— hey!" he exclaimed. She'd stolen another one of his fries and was currently giving him a shit-eating grin.

"What?" she asked as she put the food in her mouth obliviously.

The boy glared at her but the expression lacked any true heat. "If I'm not allowed to steal yours then you shouldn't be allowed to steal mine."

"Would you like a replacement?" Juliet asked innocently.

"Yes, thank you." Shawn reached across her to take his share back but she jerked the food away from him.